Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6131|Carnoustie, Scotland
This car deserves a thread.

https://www.zmetro.com/photos/2007/07/minizmetro.jpg

I'm looking to get one when I pass my driving test, if it's old enough, I get classic car insurance! (Mega cheap) AND I don't have to pay road tax.

And look at it, it's so fucking gorgeous. Less than a tonne, it's nippy, with up to a 1.3 petrol engine. Small, so very easy to park, great visibility, easy on fuel. Red or Brittish Racing Green, with the white stripes up the middle. Maybe even the rally light kit.

Oooh, I love them. There's one at my school that a teacher owns, I might actually buy it from her when/if she sells. Very good condition, full leather seats.

Damn.. I love them.

Thoughts?
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

I'm looking to get a Mini Cooper S...

Not only is it sexy, but it's great around the track as well!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6618|Mhz

I almost bought a Mini Cooper Shorty with a 1.3 turbo metro engine in it but the insurance was fucking epic lol.

Amazing cars though, I'm going to try and make sure I own one at least once. New ones just pale in comparison.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone
https://ned.ronet.ru/0/1965%20Zastava%20750_2.jpg

Last edited by .Sup (2008-06-20 15:45:21)

https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

Funky_Finny wrote:

Oooh, I love them. There's one at my school that a teacher owns, I might actually buy it from her when/if she sells. Very good condition, full leather seats.
Maybe, as an end of year prank, have some mates push the car into the school and refuse to move it till the teacher sells it to you
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
Well that is the first time I ever have heard a Mini described as "sexy". I shan't give my real opinion though.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX
thats one Cooper. Only wish I could find and afford one in TExas
Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

Funky_Finny wrote:

Less than a tonne, it's nippy, with up to a 1.3 petrol engine. Small, so very easy to park, great visibility, easy on fuel. Red or Brittish Racing Green, with the white stripes up the middle. Maybe even the rally light kit.
... and fuckin' ugly.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6618|Mhz

Ryan wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

Less than a tonne, it's nippy, with up to a 1.3 petrol engine. Small, so very easy to park, great visibility, easy on fuel. Red or Brittish Racing Green, with the white stripes up the middle. Maybe even the rally light kit.
... and fuckin' ugly.
Shh foreigner, ye no not of what you speak (assuming you really are Canadian, I know of absolutly no good Canadian cars, do Candians even make cars?).

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2008-06-20 16:51:38)

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6630

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

... and fuckin' ugly.
Shh foreigner, ye no not of what you speak (assuming you really are Canadian, I know of absolutly no good Canadian cars, do Candians even make cars?).
Yes. (but they can't possibly be considered Good)

Last edited by Gooners (2008-06-20 16:54:13)

bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland
I saw this today, most ugle car ever, defeats the point of a mini
https://motoringfile.com/pictures/clubman_uk/500/P0041387.jpg
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6618|Mhz

Gooners wrote:

Ryan wrote:

... and fuckin' ugly.
Name one thing wrong with it?

Or did you mean Canadian cars can't be considered good?

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2008-06-20 17:09:29)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

I hate them. They're also the most overrated car in history.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6618|Mhz

ghettoperson wrote:

I hate them. They're also the most overrated car in history.
Was in production for 41 years and sold well for all of them, that's a lot of people who are apparently wrong.

They're insanely fun to drive BTW, bit like a go-kart but faster and road legal
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

That doesn't mean they're not overrated.
Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

Ryan wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

... and fuckin' ugly.
No, but we drive nicer ones than that.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6227|NSW, Australia

yeh i love them too, but the new ones are shit, especially the clubman (that wagon thingy)
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6630

Gooners wrote:

Name one thing wrong with it?

Or did you mean Canadian cars can't be considered good?
Obviously Canadian Cars are shit, the mini in the OP is wicked. I live in Canada but I'm still a brit deep down there... somewhere:s

eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6233|S.A. Australia

ebug9 wrote:

Maybe, as an end of year prank, have some mates push the car into the school and refuse to move it till the teacher sells it to you
We had a group of students do that in my final year of school, dont know how they got it in but god it was funny
Serious Flex
i g
Banned
+876|5862|GA

looks safe
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6841|England
A friend of mine has a Vtec powered mini, and that thing is rapid.

Can't say I could use one as my daily driver, I like me creature comforts too much!
wensleydale8
+81|6767|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
The old mini is good but the new one is way too expensive for what it seen as the engines are also made by peugeot plus there only the size of a city car there not even as big as a corsa or polo.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England

Funky_Finny wrote:

No it doesn't
wensleydale8
+81|6767|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

No it doesn't
It does deserve a thread

After all it was the first car to have a transversely mounted engine and due to the engine configuration one of the few cars to have FF when it was released plus my dad has had one

Last edited by wensleydale8 (2008-06-21 07:33:26)

Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England

wensleydale8 wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

No it doesn't
my dad have one
Well why didn't you say so!

I take everything back

Board footer