Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6577|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Hey, that's the second time that the garand get its recoil reduced....Bleh i was good with it before, here come the ownage
kptk92
u
+972|6408|tc_london
T-t-t-triple kill!!1:
https://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/Kptk92/Day%20of%20Defeat%20Source/6.png

Another achievement
https://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/Kptk92/Day%20of%20Defeat%20Source/7.png

Good round:
https://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/Kptk92/Day%20of%20Defeat%20Source/8.png

Freeze cam stills:
https://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/Kptk92/Day%20of%20Defeat%20Source/9.png
https://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/Kptk92/Day%20of%20Defeat%20Source/10.png
https://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/Kptk92/Day%20of%20Defeat%20Source/11.png
joker8baller
+68|6667
IMO. Killcam will hopefully be taken out. Kinda ruins the tactics of the game.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland

joker8baller wrote:

Yep, especially for snipers..
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

kylef wrote:

joker8baller wrote:

Yup, its not too bad in tf2 because of the way its played and the layout of the map, but in Dod:s it can be a disaster to always get our spot revealed to the noobs!

Last edited by Roger Lesboules (2008-05-30 12:30:14)

Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6189|Canada

Stop Putting screens!
Makes me want to play

But everytime I start downloading/installing the game my computer freezes for some reason.

Me go cry now..
kptk92
u
+972|6408|tc_london

Roger Lesboules wrote:

kylef wrote:

joker8baller wrote:

Yup, its not too bad in tf2 because of the way its played and the layout of the map, but im Dod:s it can be a disaster to always get our spot revealed to the noobs!
A proper player would move location anyway
Zefar
+116|6649|Sweden

kylef wrote:

joker8baller wrote:

The thing is, anyone with a certain amount of skills already know where the sniper is and will look out for him the next time.

As for running through team mates. I'm all for it even thou I don't play the game. I want to see it so badly in CSS because there have been times when random people who think they are good. So they rush but 0.5 seconds after rushing they notice ONE enemy there and backstep right away. Right onto me and the guy get a shot in the head. Claims that I'M the noob.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

kptk92 wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

kylef wrote:

Yup, its not too bad in tf2 because of the way its played and the layout of the map, but in Dod:s it can be a disaster to always get our spot revealed to the noobs!
Depend on what is your style of sniping. Some spot are good to camp while beeng sniper on Avalanche for an example.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland

kptk92 wrote:

Where else do you propose to snipe on dod_strand? There are 3 places, 2 of which are shingles. The other is the front line of defence which is suicide. After every kill if you don't move - you are guaranteed dead because of MGs down below which you just can't get to. Killing then moving would be a lot less kills overall, I guarantee you.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6649|Washington DC

kylef wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

Where else do you propose to snipe on dod_strand? There are 3 places, 2 of which are shingles. The other is the front line of defence which is suicide. After every kill if you don't move - you are guaranteed dead because of MGs down below which you just can't get to. Killing then moving would be a lot less kills overall, I guarantee you.
Kyle, its a great map, but you need to play more than dod_strand, tbh.   
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland

OrangeHound wrote:

Kyle, its a great map, but you need to play more than dod_strand, tbh.   
I play quite a variety of maps now, but I just love dod_strand - you never know what is going to happen in each round, and it is so fun for the US. Palmero is a pretty great map, and in the beta so far I have only played on official map servers so I have had a bit of an array to choose (kalt, jagd etc - they are all pretty fun)

In saying this, if you have a good team any map can be fun

Last edited by kylef (2008-05-31 00:46:04)

Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6189|Canada

Anyone still play? I just started downloading the game/beta after more than a year of being uninstalled
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

Phatmatt wrote:

Anyone still play? I just started downloading the game/beta after more than a year of being uninstalled
I do, but the Beta sorta piss me off...all populated server seem to be laggy for me...and the freeze cam, oh that damn freezecam!
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6189|Canada

It froze on me again... I got DoDS downloaded, but at about 50% of the beta it just freezes my pc.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6366|California
I used to play this at least 4 times a week on my friends account back in early 07' before he wanted the account back so he can play CSS for CAL, I haven't gotten the desire to play it since then, but I had this sudden urge to play it today so I plan on getting it tonight for $10 lol and well its time to enjoy this game all over again.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
I love revisiting Day of Defeat: Source since they've upgraded it a bit with Steamworks- so nostalgic!

I think the Source version of Strand is far inferior to the 1.3 version, which was amazing.

Great game, timeless classic. Shame the clandays of early 1.3 will never return
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
Ok seriously some of these guys have to be cheating.  I mean i've been head shotted from across the map with all the weapons too easily.  I mean I just came back from a game and this guy was sprint down the road pass the tank turned around shot and got me in the head and started sprinting.  All that within less than 2 seconds.  Its been happening to me all night...  I've been playing shooters from a long while and even CS:S and CS 1.6 was as bad as what I experienced a min ago.  They weren't even stopping fully to aim and "boom head shot"...

I guess i'm asking if you can cheat even though its a VAC server?

Edit: Yes I was playing the beta and I would like to add they even got head shots with the German rifle point blank range when I sprinted around the corner while they were walking towards me.

Last edited by Naturn (2008-06-25 17:56:03)

lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6830|Denver colorado
You can hack in a vac server. Hackers go on about how easy it is to bypass it till it changes and they get banned from all their games.

Just try to stick around in a server where there are admins. That way the people who have been playing it for a long time will pick up on it and will have them out of the server as fast as you can say "zomgwtf?"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
No cheats as such in DoD:Source, just a really steep learning curve. DoD was always the 'Quake/Unreal Tournament' of the Steam catalogue... i.e. very fast reactions, crazy hitscan-style gameplay and low health/survivability. Also don't fall into the complacency of other FPS games in assuming that SMG's are cannon fodder at mid-long range; they're not, they're actually very respectable in the hands of any decent player.

All I can say is keep at it, be patient and within as little a time as a week you'll see definite improvements in your gameplay. Just remember that the poeple who pull crazy plink-shots on you aren't actually rushing- the game actually falls a lot onto timing and choosing your moments. My best advice is to focus on 2/3 kits at maximum and master the recoil and spray/accuracy of them; bearing in mind that being 'above average' with even one kit will probably cover you on all maps and in all situations far better than being 'decent' with all kits would.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
I've play DoD before a while back and i've never seen that before.  I played it for a few months none stop and i've never come across people that can do what they do ever.  Anyways...

I wish they put the SpringField M1903 in there.  The marines used it during WW1 and WW2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard