m0v3m3nt
+15|6178

Sisco10 wrote:

Wow, another one saying that bf2 is better and 2142 is teh suXx0rs. Great. How ingenious. Now gtfo.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5952|Somewhere out in Space

Sisco10 wrote:

Wow, another one saying that bf2 is better and 2142 is teh suXx0rs. Great. How ingenious. Now gtfo.
No really, 2142 is shit compared to 2.  Once i hit brig gen i have no reason to play it, that will only took 3 months too.  After that its back to 2 because i get a better experience, and i wont miss it.
Longbow
+163|6667|Odessa, Ukraine

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

No really, 2142 is shit compared to 2.  Once i hit brig gen i have no reason to play it, that will only took 3 months too.  After that its back to 2 because i get a better experience, and i wont miss it.
If you dont like the game why do you play it ?
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
In COMPARISON to 2, it is shit.  Its still a good game.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6626|Greenwood, IN

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Ok i'll jump on this one.

Should I game really take that much longer than 3 months to beat?  For the average gamer probably spends a little time each day playing.  Furthermore the game has replay value paste ranking other wise there would be no point in playing game like BF2/2142.  I reached the highest rank you can without being the best and I was just playing the game with Heggs last night.  I had fun running around playing Titan mode.  Please don't jump in a thread saying one game is better than the other based solely on opinion.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
Think about it: 2142 ranks up too quickly.  You need 200k points for the top rank in BF2, plus you need awards that require hundreds of hours play time to get.  In 2142 the points for top rank for 99.9% of players is 56k, needs no awards, and you get on average double your round points in career points, so in reality you only need 20k.  I need an incentive to play games, as do most people; be it awards/ranks or good gameplay.  Both of them have the gameplay, but it is moreso in 2.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6626|Greenwood, IN

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Think about it: 2142 ranks up too quickly.  You need 200k points for the top rank in BF2, plus you need awards that require hundreds of hours play time to get.  In 2142 the points for top rank for 99.9% of players is 56k, needs no awards, and you get on average double your round points in career points, so in reality you only need 20k.  I need an incentive to play games, as do most people; be it awards/ranks or good gameplay.  Both of them have the gameplay, but it is moreso in 2.
My point in bold.

Last edited by Naturn (2008-04-12 16:54:39)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

Naturn wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

My point in bold.  Figure it out.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6626|Greenwood, IN

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Naturn wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

My point in bold.  Figure it out.
When are you BF2 "fanboys" going to figure out that 2142 is a totaly different game.  Different maps, vehicles, weapons, awards, medals, game play(Excpet Conquest).  The only things they have alike are conquests mode, sandbox type game play, and the fucking name everything else is different.  You just can't compare the, stop posting in threads with BF2 > BF2142.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
Im a fanboy?

Idiot.  Do you realize i would never play 2142 if i was.  Different gameplay? Lets see here: you have titan+assault lines, thats it.  Flaws: Infantry combat is effectively replicating counterstrike for the most part; the twitchy 12 year old usually wins. There are even more game-engine related bugs despite the fact it is using the same BF2 engine.  Titan lags the entire map, forcing most servers to deny movement at all.  Even then, being inside one with more than 10 people is unbearable.  They dont even have kill messages for pods/titan guns, kinda makes it obvious it was rushed.  And if you really look at it, every battlefield game is effectively same classes/vehicles/awards with different assets to each.  And yes you can compare them, there is always a way.  But i will still play it, as there is entertainment underneath the exterior, and you fail to realize that.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6626|Greenwood, IN

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Im a fanboy?

Idiot.  Do you realize i would never play 2142 if i was.  Different gameplay? Lets see here: you have titan+assault lines, thats it.  Flaws: Infantry combat is effectively replicating counterstrike for the most part; the twitchy 12 year old usually wins. There are even more game-engine related bugs despite the fact it is using the same BF2 engine.  Titan lags the entire map, forcing most servers to deny movement at all.  Even then, being inside one with more than 10 people is unbearable.  They dont even have kill messages for pods/titan guns, kinda makes it obvious it was rushed.  And if you really look at it, every battlefield game is effectively same classes/vehicles/awards with different assets to each.  And yes you can compare them, there is always a way.  But i will still play it, as there is entertainment underneath the exterior, and you fail to realize that.
That is all your opinion you can not say a game is bad based solely on your opinion.  That was the my whole point of the argument.  You should not be in this thread if you don't like this game.  Yea there is always a way to compare games but as a whole BF2142 is very different than BF2.  The way the classes and kits are setup should be the biggest clue.  Dude just get out of this thread if you going to say BF2 > BF2142.  Its all your opinion and your just trying to start shit.(Yes it did work.) 

Also note BF2 had more than its fair share of bugs including the hacking of stats.  So don't even talk about flaws in BF2142.

Last edited by Naturn (2008-04-12 22:22:14)

Longbow

Naturn wrote:

That is all your opinion you can not say a game is bad based solely on your opinion.  That was the my whole point of the argument.  You should not be in this thread if you don't like this game.  Yea there is always a way to compare games but as a whole BF2142 is very different than BF2.  The way the classes and kits are setup should be the biggest clue.  Dude just get out of this thread if you going to say BF2 > BF2142.  Its all your opinion and your just trying to start shit.(Yes it did work.) 

Also note BF2 had more than its fair share of bugs including the hacking of stats.  So don't even talk about flaws in BF2142.
Oh shit. Read this page above - he consider BF2142 a good game, but BF2 > BF2142. Yet don't understand?

BF2 > BF2142 > all
doug1988
spank that azz.
+146|5879|Nibiru in a far away galaxy
A new patch ? wonder if there going to add a new map.
Zukabazuka
+23|6706
Then complaining about hitreg in 2142, dude its made of the same engine as BF2, it has the same hitreg. In BF2 I often hear myself getting hit, I can see the dust where the bullets hit me yet its a complete miss on me. I keep getting it A LOT. Then had far more CTD in BF2 than 2142, i think BF2 was rushed faster than 2142.
Longbow
Hitreg in 2142 is far better.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5957

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Longbow wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

BF2 is older, more popular, and actually has better gameplay if you are well rounded in skills.
2142's infantry is done better. I like BF2 and all, but speaking of weapon\class balance 2142 is far better. And movement and it's effects on accuracy/deviation are very well balanced.

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

The only people that bitch about balance are the ones that whored karkand for 2 years then suddenly decided to try wake.
I'm not one of them. Anyways, you won't listen to me, but still - most of BF2's 64 player maps can be easily whored by air units, while in 2142 ground vehicles atleast have chances to score some kills before they will be burned by gunships.

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

if you are well rounded in skills.
A BF2 game, despite what is thought, is a whole team effort.  If your Mobile AA/jets are not doing their job taking out enemy jets/choppers, your ground units get consequently raped.  Air whores cant capture flags, so your ground units need to be fast, yet effective.  In a organized team/squad setup, you would be surprised how good a round can be.  In 2142 too often i find myself going rambo on a whole squad+tank as infantry on suez and coming out on top.  Maybe it has to do with the fact i can podsurf behind them and take the tank out with no fight, but there is no such luxury in 2.  Also, if you are talking about infantry balance in 2142, i have 2 words for you: Voss whores.  And i thought the G36E was bad...

Longbow wrote:

I'm not one of them. Anyways, you won't listen to me, but still - most of BF2's 64 player maps can be easily whored by air units, while in 2142 ground vehicles atleast have chances to score some kills before they will be burned by gunships.
Swap 2142 with 2 and gunships with planes and you get the same result.  I can tell you are not a smart tank driver from that quote alone.
I agree with some, but not with others.

In both games you will find annoying bitches, whores, and air noobs who can't fly. If you join a good clan, and always play on that server with the clan mates you won't have that problem. In BF2 I was always alone, people tend to stick with you more, but they still aren't really using teamwork. As for BF2142 it's the same, but ever since I joined the Monkey Gamers and I play with them and use the teamwork they do, I have lost very few rounds.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6364

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

It took me one month after realease to reach Brigadier General. But I played it for over a year following that.

The gamesplay IS way better and balanced than bf2.
Sure, if you play Bf2 with a bunch of clanies, you can get a decent round without being raped by planes. But you simply cannot demand something like that on a public server.
But 2142 can put up a nice round even on the baddest public noob server, because one guy raping in a walker or gunship, dooes not mean the whole enemy team dies every few seconds. You can still make your share of points.

Which leads me to the next point, the playing for rank thing. Saying BF2 is better, because it takes more time to get the high ranks and awards is just plain bullshit. It´s not getting better or different, you do the same pointwhoring shit just for longer. Seriously, you stop playing a game you do enjoy, just because you reached the highest rank? Thats pathetic.
Sigh, we had the same retarded discussion a few days ago in the cod section. Chriest, if you want longterm rank shit and new fancy content, go buy a rpg like hellgate london!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5957

kptk92 wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I don't want jets. They ruin BF2 vehicle maps. Maybe some sort of huge slow gunship/bomber type thing would be good though.
Yes, manned by 6 people - pilot, TV gunner, and 4 support guns, LIKE THE GOLIATH LOOOLZLALAOOL
The Titan is alot better then people think. If you have a good commander, and all the titan guns are manned and are being repaired, then there's no way to even get close to a silo.

It's incredible how people don't see the powaaa of the titaaaaan
mattando
Proud Founder Of Killing In Action Clan hehe
+2|6232|Australia/S.A
Yeh like i said they might add a map or 2
GeoEnvi
+22|6707|Philadelphia, PA
It make perfect sense that this post should fall into the 'BF2 vs. BF2142' whining argumentative crap.

It makes no sense that my Titan Humping gameplay rumor go conspicuously un-noticed.

Sigh.
kptk92
u
+972|6429|tc_london

Bradt3hleader wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I don't want jets. They ruin BF2 vehicle maps. Maybe some sort of huge slow gunship/bomber type thing would be good though.
Yes, manned by 6 people - pilot, TV gunner, and 4 support guns, LIKE THE GOLIATH LOOOLZLALAOOL
The Titan is alot better then people think. If you have a good commander, and all the titan guns are manned and are being repaired, then there's no way to even get close to a silo.

No I'm on about an air vehicle, 6 seats, the speed of a gunship, power of a Goliath, with only 1 cell to recharge the armour
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

Sisco10 wrote:

The gamesplay IS way better and balanced than bf2.
Sure, if you play Bf2 with a bunch of clanies, you can get a decent round without being raped by planes. But you simply cannot demand something like that on a public server.
Wrong. Maybe you are only talking about the EA publics that every n00b goes to, but dont think you can fool me.  Fullcontactwar, texas teamplayers, 24/7 servers (n00bs=ADD, they dont venture here), you will always find a good round on them.  And if youre too stupid to avoid those n00b infested playgrounds, then maybe you belong there; getting your ass bombed till the end of time.

Sisco10 wrote:

But 2142 can put up a nice round even on the baddest public noob server, because one guy raping in a walker or gunship, dooes not mean the whole enemy team dies every few seconds.
Wrong again. This problem still exists in 2142.  Dont over exaggerate half the story to make yourself look right, you will get caught every time.

Sisco10 wrote:

You can still make your share of points.
And you cant in BF2?  I have been through many BF2 rounds where the top player was a ground pounder on dalian/daquing/zatar, etc.  And for future reference, you look like an idiot when you create these faux-facts out of thin air.

Sisco10 wrote:

Which leads me to the next point, the playing for rank thing. Saying BF2 is better, because it takes more time to get the high ranks and awards is just plain bullshit. It´s not getting better or different, you do the same pointwhoring shit just for longer. Seriously, you stop playing a game you do enjoy, just because you reached the highest rank? Thats pathetic.
Sigh, we had the same retarded discussion a few days ago in the cod section. Chriest, if you want longterm rank shit and new fancy content, go buy a rpg like hellgate london!
People play for their own reasons.  I myself have no dedication to one specific game; i try to spread out my choices which will give me a better experience in the long run.  One method i use to indicate when it is time to move on is rank/awards.  You also get a sense of accomplishment, one  which goes up the longer you spend earning it.  Its obvious they dumbed down the requirements to better suit the casual gamer in 2142, which is why BF2 is not for you.

-

Bradt3hleader wrote:

The Titan is alot better then people think. If you have a good commander, and all the titan guns are manned and are being repaired, and the server has titan movement on then there's no way to even get close to a silo.

Which accounts to 90% of servers, sux2blaggy.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2008-04-14 15:48:41)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6290
Can we stop arguing over which game is better now please?

The point is, that despite the fact that BF2 has roughly 3 times as many players as 2142 (maybe more), it is getting a patch and more content. For all we know a BF2 patch could be announced any day now. I personally think BF2 needs one a lot more than 2142 does.

As for which game is better, 2142 does a lot of things better than BF2 does IMO. But at the same time, when the 2142 1.25 patch came out I found myself going back to BF2 and I stayed there until TF2 came out. Recently i've been yearning for some 2142 and then this patch was announced.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-04-14 16:33:46)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
Well if every fucking person stopped thinking i'm trying to start a debate we wouldnt be.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6626|Greenwood, IN

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Well if every fucking person stopped thinking i'm trying to start a debate we wouldnt be.
Did you ever think you were?  Even accidentally...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard