Poll

[TF2]With which class did you get your best score?

Engineer26%26% - 13
Demoman10%10% - 5
Soldier14%14% - 7
Medic14%14% - 7
Pyro0%0% - 0
Heavy14%14% - 7
Sniper14%14% - 7
Spy2%2% - 1
Scout6%6% - 3
Total: 50
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
Medic 82.  Most kills demoman 35.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
Custom map stats ftl https://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/LucienL/awesomeemote6.png

I got 41 while sniping on Dustbowl
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Eldu
+62|6077|Belgium
30 with the medic, not on custom map Lucien .
Sniping is easy.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
Sniping is gay.
kptk92
u
+972|6378|tc_london
Soldier - 50. dm_store
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead
Points 51, kills 38. Demoman.
Raphi
Banned
+354|6228|Basel, Switzerland
Soldier
Eldu
+62|6077|Belgium
Update: just got 39 with medic, shame round was done.
And sniping is indeed gay.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Sniping is very gay.

My 2 best scores are from custom maps (one of 48 as engy, where I had 60 teleports in one life on Lazytown because of a long long stalemate and no round timer, the other was sniper on Mario Kart), so i don't count them.

I think my proper best score is 27 as the Demoman.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5944|England

why is sniping gay?
Eldu
+62|6077|Belgium

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Sniping is very gay.

My 2 best scores are from custom maps (one of 48 as engy, where I had 60 teleports in one life on Lazytown because of a long long stalemate and no round timer, the other was sniper on Mario Kart), so i don't count them.

I think my proper best score is 27 as the Demoman.
And that last one was on dustbowl, I think that's where I also got 30 with the medic. Was one of my most fun rounds ever.

To Sam: they don't really contribute to the team imo. 1 sniper is ok most of the time, but there are just too many ppl playing sniper.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

SamTheMan:D wrote:

why is sniping gay?
Because they're completely useless. A sniper on defense to take out heavies is alright. 3+ snipers on the attacking team is not. And it happens far too often.

They do nothing to help, aside from picking off the odd guy.

Basically, there are 8 FAR more useful classes that any sniper could be playing.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-04-06 09:53:18)

r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6418

Pyro + ctf_yaaargh = very high score.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

why is sniping gay?
Because they're completely useless. A sniper on defense to take out heavies is alright. 3+ snipers on the attacking team is not. And it happens far too often.

They do nothing to help, aside from picking off the odd guy.

Basically, there are 8 FAR more useful classes that any sniper could be playing.
But wait, what's that? A skilled sniper? Someone who can pull off headshots properly? why yes, yes it is. Look at all the kills he's getting! flabbergasting, truly.

Sniper = heavily dependent on player skill AND a team that can support him.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I know a skilled sniper can be useful. But how often does that happen?

What usually happens is you get people sniping away while you're trying to attack and doing literally nothing to help. Which i find quite suprising considering just how piss easy the class is to play.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-04-06 10:26:40)

Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead
Sniping is only useful when dev or Lucien do it.
weasel_thingo
+74|6296

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

What usually happens is you get people sniping away while you're trying to attack and doing literally nothing to help. Which i find quite suprising considering just how piss easy the class is to play.
its the only class in TF2 that requires aiming, everyclass is easy to play as TF2 requires barely any skill as everything is just spray and pray or spamming explosives

snipers just seem useless as a shit player (majority of TF2 players) going sniper will only be able to shoot other snipers and even then will miss, but because in TF2 sniping is the only class that needs aim that player will do really bad at it, but if they go soldier they will seem good, because soldier requires no skill at all (inb4 OLOLLOLOLOLOL SLOW ROCKETS MAKE IT HARD, they arnt slow rockets, GTFO)

Last edited by weasel_thingo (2008-04-06 10:40:29)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
51 - Engineer <3
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

why is sniping gay?
Because its not fun. However I like it when the other team plays sniper as sniper is way easy to kill with Scout and Pyro, who are my two favorite classes.
Eldu
+62|6077|Belgium

weasel_thingo wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

its the only class in TF2 that requires aiming, everyclass is easy to play as TF2 requires barely any skill as everything is just spray and pray or spamming explosives

snipers just seem useless as a shit player (majority of TF2 players) going sniper will only be able to shoot other snipers and even then will miss, but because in TF2 sniping is the only class that needs aim that player will do really bad at it, but if they go soldier they will seem good, because soldier requires no skill at all (inb4 OLOLLOLOLOLOL SLOW ROCKETS MAKE IT HARD, they arnt slow rockets, GTFO)
K, so my guess is you get killed all the time playing as any class so u decide to hang back as a sniper never attacking?
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405
Genuinely, heavy. Non-genuinely engineer. So null vote.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead

Eldu wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

K, so my guess is you get killed all the time playing as any class so u decide to hang back as a sniper never attacking?
Join me in a game on Multiplay 24/7 dustbowl when dev is playing, see what a sniper can do.
weasel_thingo
+74|6296

Eldu wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

you are an idiot, i assume you have soldier as one of your 3 most played classes?
as a soldier i often go rounds with 0-5 deaths and 40+ kills, and this isnt trying just aim in the general direction of people fire a few rockets and move on
if i go sniper, i either defend or attack (im not a shit sniper) when defending my main target is other classes not other snipers, my KDratio is usually high
other classes are also high
i finish in the top 3 pretty much in any game
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

It happened tonight, i made a rain of gibs. In fact ...

OT: Medic 53

Last edited by jsnipy (2009-10-04 20:42:18)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Soldier. 28 IIRC.

Then I got some 50+ with spy but that is not entirely genuine score.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard