r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6447

Go back a page and you will find your answer!!!

I am gonna help even more:

Click here for PC release date. Post #117 and #118

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-03-27 19:47:37)

GR34
+215|6543|ALBERTA> CANADA
questions quick. Does any one know If you will be able to swim? Can you change the clothes your wearing Hair Mustash and stuff like that? I want to make Niko Emo Any one know how many differnt GUNS there will be? no weapions but GUNS. I would love to be able to choose from like 3-4 different Pistols, maybe a 9mm desert eagle revolver and something like an m1911

Last edited by GR34 (2008-03-27 20:53:40)

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6387|New York
New info:
Rockstar Games today announced a new feature for Grand Theft Auto IV, releasing April 29. Titled the Social Club, the website will act as a community hub for all things GTA IV related. Registration for the Social Club begins exactly two weeks prior to the release of the game on April 15. Either an Xbox Live Gamertag or PlayStation Network ID will earn you access to the Social Club, though the release wasn't specific as to whether that means it will be open to all Xbox Live members or if it will be exclusive to Gold Tier users. We'll update this story later when we get the specific details from Rockstar.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/862/862653p1.html
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
r'Eeee
+311|6447

heggs wrote:

New info:
Rockstar Games today announced a new feature for Grand Theft Auto IV, releasing April 29. Titled the Social Club, the website will act as a community hub for all things GTA IV related. Registration for the Social Club begins exactly two weeks prior to the release of the game on April 15. Either an Xbox Live Gamertag or PlayStation Network ID will earn you access to the Social Club, though the release wasn't specific as to whether that means it will be open to all Xbox Live members or if it will be exclusive to Gold Tier users. We'll update this story later when we get the specific details from Rockstar.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/862/862653p1.html

r'Eeee wrote:

https://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/03/rockstarGamesSocialClub.jpg
On April 29th Rockstar Games will release the most anticipated game of 2008, Grand Theft Auto IV. In addition to the game, the company is launching the Rockstar Social Club, a new website that will extend your experience of Grand Theft Auto IV and all future Rockstar Games titles.

The Rockstar Social Club is more than just a standard gaming site. It features all of the statistical leaderboards that gamers have come to expect, and combines them with performance-based competitions and awards.

Registration for the Rockstar Social Club begins on April 15th and anyone can sign up with their Xbox Gamertag and/or a PlayStation Network ID.

GTA IV, the first game featured on the Rockstar Social Club, has exciting features beyond multiplayer leaderboards, including:

* LCPD Police Blotter — A virtual map and tracker of single-player criminal activity logged in Liberty City from the aggregated data of millions of connected players - showing the most dangerous areas of town, most commonly used weapons and more.

* The Story Gang — This special single-player leaderboard recognizes players who complete Niko Bellic's main story arc of Grand Theft Auto IV - The leaderboard ranks players according to the total amount of playing time it's taken to complete the story, as well as a historical rank by who has completed it first. Members of this club will receive special online widgets and merit badges marking all of their in-game accomplishments.

* The 100% Club — Watch to see who will be the first to complete 100% of the game. The first ten people to be identified on the Social Club as reaching 100% will be sent an ultra-rare commemorative 'key to the city' to mark their accomplishment. In the future, the 100% Club will then carry a historical leaderboard showing rankings of who has completed 100% of a game in the shortest span of playing hours.

* The Hall of Fame — This area will dynamically recognize those singularly elite players who have reached the top of the hill on various statistical leaderboards, and will also contain a personal awards display of special in-game landmarks and successes in Social Club competitions.

* The Liberty City Marathon — A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game - from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam - to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.

The Rockstar Social Club doesn't stop there. With special competitions, leaderboards and challenges rolling out regularly in the weeks and months following the game's release, this is just the beginning of an on-going Liberty City experience and is a small taste of what's to come from Rockstar Games for GTAIV and beyond..
Rockstar Social Club

Source.

Lol

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-03-28 07:14:31)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
That looks cool. They're doing alot of things similar to Burnout Paradise, but with all the extra GTA shit

Actually Burnout Paradise goes one better, because the extra Islands in BP are FREE and for both consoles. EA also publishes Burnout, so who's worse?

Fucking R*
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5972|England

I can see some fag playin 20 hours straight and skipping all the cut scenes so they get top of the story leaderboard

also:
* The Liberty City Marathon — A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game - from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam - to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.

yay

Last edited by SamTheMan:D (2008-03-28 07:24:47)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6758|San Antonio, Texas

Mek-Izzle wrote:

That looks cool. They're doing alot of things similar to Burnout Paradise, but with all the extra GTA shit

Actually Burnout Paradise goes one better, because the extra Islands in BP are FREE and for both consoles. EA also publishes Burnout, so who's worse?

Fucking R*
Ban!
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268
It reminds me of Steam quite a bit. That tracks all sorts of stats for the games. Where players die the most, weapons used the most, time taken to complete the game etc.
Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

GR34 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

GR34 wrote:

I shot a Glock yesterday it was Fing sweet
Where did you go to do that? Sounds awesome, should have invited me.
Although my mouth is kinda sore, got my wisdom teeth pulled on Tuesday. I'd end up firing the gun and my mouth would start bleeding again
I went shooting with my grandpa(we were shooting 30-06 and .308) and he said his friend was coming down with his pistols. He had a .22 Cal revolver an 357 magnum an m1911 and a glock. Glock rocked socks, 9mm has a lot more kick then I taught it would it gave me a little adrenaline rush after the first shot . The M1911 was a beast Only got to shoot 5 rounds but dam. It was pritty dam sweet, dident get to shoot the 357 b/c his Red dot sight on it ran out of AAA's I LOLed when I saw it, a revolver with RDS. maybe next time I will ask if you can come and shoot with us.
That would be awesome. I don't have any relatives that have weapons. My dad had an old hunting rifle, but sold it once I was born

My dad would probably come to, if that isn't a problem.
GR34
+215|6543|ALBERTA> CANADA

Ryan wrote:

GR34 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Where did you go to do that? Sounds awesome, should have invited me.
Although my mouth is kinda sore, got my wisdom teeth pulled on Tuesday. I'd end up firing the gun and my mouth would start bleeding again
I went shooting with my grandpa(we were shooting 30-06 and .308) and he said his friend was coming down with his pistols. He had a .22 Cal revolver an 357 magnum an m1911 and a glock. Glock rocked socks, 9mm has a lot more kick then I taught it would it gave me a little adrenaline rush after the first shot . The M1911 was a beast Only got to shoot 5 rounds but dam. It was pritty dam sweet, dident get to shoot the 357 b/c his Red dot sight on it ran out of AAA's I LOLed when I saw it, a revolver with RDS. maybe next time I will ask if you can come and shoot with us.
That would be awesome. I don't have any relatives that have weapons. My dad had an old hunting rifle, but sold it once I was born

My dad would probably come to, if that isn't a problem.
I will ask him next time we go we we will most likely only be shooting .22's and 17 HMR. The thing is is my grandpa likes to keep it quiet that he has guns b/c he thinks my friends will break in to his house and steal them? So we will see if he says yes that will kick ass, but I really have no clue what he would say. 

But speaking of glocks check this Vid

I know its all of topic but oh well its funny

Last edited by GR34 (2008-03-28 12:38:24)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
Was this posted here yet? If not:

GTAGaming.com wrote:

When Rockstar Games announced earlier today that they'd soon be launching a community site called Social Club, we thought it would only be for tracking scores. Yahoo Games has now revealed even more about the website, which launches on April 15.

Registering at the site will allow you to access an in-game menu whereby you can earmark individual tracks you hear on the radio for download later on your PC. The reason you need to be registered is that Social Club will automatically send an email to your registered account with a link to Amazon to buy the track.

As it's being provided by Amazon, the service will (initially at least) be limited to United States users. The bonus for qualifying users is that the tracks downloaded will be DRM free MP3 files which you can transfer to any device you like.

Apparently many of the tracks featured in the game will be exclusive to this service, so if you hear something in the game, you won't have much luck finding it with iTunes or BitTorrent.

GTA IV's soundtrack is "the biggest in the history of entertainment," and with over 200 tracks, we're not prone to argue. In addition to high-profile tunes from popular artists, the developers are aiming for music geeks by handpicking rare, hard-to-find songs such as Electrick Funk's 12-inch treasure "On A Journey" and Elton John's "Street Kids" off his relatively unheralded Rock of the Westies. Some artists have even contributed brand new songs written exclusively for the game, including "Vagabond (Liberty City Mix)" by the Greenskeepers and "War is Necessary" from iconic rapper Nas.
It's all shaping up to be a very complete online experience indeed. There's still plenty yet to be revealed, with a number of multiplayer modes still shrouded in secrecy.
http://www.gtagaming.com/gtagaming/news … php?i=1226

Now THAT, my friends, is truly fucking .
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I have to admit, they really are going all out with the online features. That is some cool shit.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
should I buy this game?
r'Eeee
+311|6447

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

should I buy this game?
Yea, just do it.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

should I buy this game?
You're taking the piss right? No way have you, of all people, not ever played GTA before
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Mek-Izzle wrote:

I have to admit, they really are going all out with the online features. That is some cool shit.
I think Rockstar's joined Valve in the "extremely community oriented" field. Valve listens and loves to interact with it's supporters, and so does Rockstar.

Another reason why smaller game devs > larger ones.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6387|New York

Poseidon wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

I think Rockstar's joined Valve in the "extremely community oriented" field. Valve listens and loves to interact with it's supporters, and so does Rockstar.

A-fucking-greed
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
mikkel
+383|6599

Poseidon wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Rockstar is small now?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

mikkel wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Rockstar is small now?
Compared to major game devs...yes. How many franchises do they have that soar? 1. Max Payne's...arguable, and Manhunt doesn't sell that well because of the ratings.

I mean, compare them to: Activision, EA, DICE, Microsoft Game Studios, Nintendo, THQ... etc.

Bungie, Valve and Rockstar are very in tune with their communities. Probably due to their focus on 1 or 2 games (Bungie - Halo, Valve - Half Life series, Team Fortress 2, Rockstar - GTA IV).
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642

Mek-Izzle wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

should I buy this game?
You're taking the piss right? No way have you, of all people, not ever played GTA before
sure I have.   Russians dont sound as appealing to me as much as san andreas gangbangers.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-03-28 15:14:43)

Mekstizzle
WALKER

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

should I buy this game?
sure I have.   Russians dont sound as appealing to me as much as san andreas gangbangers.
True, but it's GTA

Hopefully it's not too much Vodka/Eastern European/Stupid Freshies off the boat etc.. because those stereotypes are tiring...
Banned
+856|5972|England

does my new sig look good?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Get rid of those forum whore scanlines
Banned
+856|5972|England

too late for that now ill have to do it all again LAOALAL

is it me or is the top left corner gay

GR34 wrote:

questions quick. Does any one know If you will be able to swim? Can you change the clothes your wearing Hair Mustash and stuff like that? I want to make Niko Emo Any one know how many differnt GUNS there will be? no weapions but GUNS. I would love to be able to choose from like 3-4 different Pistols, maybe a 9mm desert eagle revolver and something like an m1911
Desert Eagles dont come in 9mm only .357 mag, .41mag, .44mag, .50AE, and .440 Cor-bon.

Last edited by †[AøT]§tèálth† (2008-03-29 11:19:16)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard