HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

ATG wrote:

You post something like "who are we to question the all exalted Chuy, say a word about anything, or whatever " in a thread like this it will come across sounding that way. I know you're inside, lol elite, on the new site. I've known about it for like 8 months, that's not the point. You know I'm a fan of yours and I'm sorry if I was harsh with you. I dig Chuy, and Kimmie I'm happy with the community.

Perhaps you missed this.  Karma smarma. It's the whole callous sounding feel to the way they are presenting it. Unlike some, and even me once upon a time, I have no aspirations for moderatorship. I wanted it because I felt like I had done just about everything else that could be done with the site. Now, I look back and at, some of the moderators here now, all of whom I consider e-pals and have a great respect for I and I see them restrained in what they post. They are supposed to be a certain way and hold to a certain decorum. I'd rather speak my mind, have my semi-coherent rants and call somebody a fuckhead if they deserve it, without thought to whether or not I am " acting " in the sites best interest or as a moderator should. It would have been fun to read other peoples karmas but that was granted to us all.

Nope. I'm an average user. And I'm going to advocate for the average user that's invested a lot of time here.

I post at other forums where I am not so " popular ", and view others on those sites who are " stars " as many view me here. I suspect some would feel somewhat slighted if after having invested so much time building a resume and reputation to have it negated to all new-comers in one fell swoop.
You're still missing my point, if you register there as ATG, and the rest of the community goes as hoped, everyone is still going to know who you are and what you've done. There are new users here everyday who don't know you or your reputation, how will that be any different there? I really still don't see the problem... I'm mean your still you, and everyone else is still the same... so what if there are a few new faces in the crowd?

No hard feeling, bub.
My point also...

BF2S is the community pool that has been awesome for so many years, everyone loves it, it has become a second home. But now, a really nice, bigger pool is opening just down the road. The lifeguards are moving to the new pool so no one can be in the current one, but they want everyone to pick up their toys and come along with them to the bigger, better pool with more toys in it. We don't want to leave anyone behind, or have people chain themselves to the old pool.
pool's closed, literally
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6759|San Antonio, Texas

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

ATG wrote:

You post something like "who are we to question the all exalted Chuy, say a word about anything, or whatever " in a thread like this it will come across sounding that way. I know you're inside, lol elite, on the new site. I've known about it for like 8 months, that's not the point. You know I'm a fan of yours and I'm sorry if I was harsh with you. I dig Chuy, and Kimmie I'm happy with the community.

Perhaps you missed this.  Karma smarma. It's the whole callous sounding feel to the way they are presenting it. Unlike some, and even me once upon a time, I have no aspirations for moderatorship. I wanted it because I felt like I had done just about everything else that could be done with the site. Now, I look back and at, some of the moderators here now, all of whom I consider e-pals and have a great respect for I and I see them restrained in what they post. They are supposed to be a certain way and hold to a certain decorum. I'd rather speak my mind, have my semi-coherent rants and call somebody a fuckhead if they deserve it, without thought to whether or not I am " acting " in the sites best interest or as a moderator should. It would have been fun to read other peoples karmas but that was granted to us all.

Nope. I'm an average user. And I'm going to advocate for the average user that's invested a lot of time here.

I post at other forums where I am not so " popular ", and view others on those sites who are " stars " as many view me here. I suspect some would feel somewhat slighted if after having invested so much time building a resume and reputation to have it negated to all new-comers in one fell swoop.
You're still missing my point, if you register there as ATG, and the rest of the community goes as hoped, everyone is still going to know who you are and what you've done. There are new users here everyday who don't know you or your reputation, how will that be any different there? I really still don't see the problem... I'm mean your still you, and everyone else is still the same... so what if there are a few new faces in the crowd?

No hard feeling, bub.
My point also...

BF2S is the community pool that has been awesome for so many years, everyone loves it, it has become a second home. But now, a really nice, bigger pool is opening just down the road. The lifeguards are moving to the new pool so no one can be in the current one, but they want everyone to pick up their toys and come along with them to the bigger, better pool with more toys in it. We don't want to leave anyone behind, or have people chain themselves to the old pool.
***Gets out hippie chains***

You'll never take it down without killing me!
David.P
Banned
+649|6273
Oh well. I had my lulz. Time to move on. Thx for the helluva time chuy.

Btw man  dont turn trackr into a totalgaming rip off. The freedom of speech made bf2s.com forums the best bf2 stat tracking site for me. Bf2player and Totalbf2 were too pussy. I like being able to say how i enjoy killing, I like being able to be descriptive, I like telling people to shut the fuck up, I like having cool custom titles, And what i really love about this site is cursing. Let us say Bitch, Shit, fuck, Cunt, Dick, Anal, Rape, Ass, Etc etc. on trackr,  Dont censor us like total does. Let the First Amendment really be exercised, Not regulated away.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85

David.P wrote:

Btw man  dont turn trackr into a totalgaming rip off. The freedom of speech made bf2s.com forums the best bf2 stat tracking site for me. Bf2player and Totalbf2 were too pussy. I like being able to say how i enjoy killing, I like being able to be descriptive, I like telling people to shut the fuck up, I like having cool custom titles, And what i really love about this site is cursing. Let us say Bitch, Shit, fuck, Cunt, Dick, Anal, Rape, Ass, Etc etc. on trackr,  Dont censor us like total does. Let the First Amendment really be exercised, Not regulated away.
Damn people, as far as I know the rules aren't changing. (except for perhaps a lower tolerance for putting up with some of the crap, people with 3+ temp bans, etc.)
David.P
Banned
+649|6273

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

David.P wrote:

Damn people, as far as I know the rules aren't changing. (except for perhaps a lower tolerance for putting up with some of the crap, people with 3+ temp bans, etc.)
Either way i wont be there. Because it's a time waster in a good way, And this site has kept me sane for the past year by letting me vent. Now it doesn't seem to working anymore. And from now on it's no more talk from me, Just walk. If i say something i'll do it.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone

David.P wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

David.P wrote:

Either way i wont be there. Because it's a time waster in a good way, And this site has kept me sane for the past year by letting me vent. Now it doesn't seem to working anymore. And from now on it's no more talk from me, Just walk. If i say something i'll do it.
What if you could transfer your karma to trackr? Would you sign up?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
David.P
Banned
+649|6273

.Sup wrote:

David.P wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

What if you could transfer your karma to trackr? Would you sign up?
No.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6847|"Frisco"

An updated FAQ about trackr pulled from the last 500 posts.
Grasli
+2|5993

chuyskywalker wrote:

An updated FAQ about trackr pulled from the last 500 posts.
Thanks.. That FAQ really answered some questions
But I still have some questions:

1: In the future - When I am browsing on bf2s.com and I want to see the wiki.. Do you make it so that when I press on the wiki-links, I will be automatically forwarded to the BF2 wiki on trackr.net? That would be nice.. Then you just have to change the links on the front page on BF2s.com under Wiki (weapons, maps,  vehicles and even guides) to trackr.net/... You know what I mean?
And on trackr.net, you should have a link to BF2s.com

2: Why do you actually need to split up the BF2-things? Why cant you just copy all the things about BF2 onto trackr.net? Or why not just leave it as it is?

3: I have one more thing.. When I look at the wiki for the weapon F2000 w/ GL ( http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/unlocks/f2000 ), it says that the explosion radius on the F2000 GL is "5". That is wrong. It is "4.5" (the same as the other GL`s).. Can you change that? Now?

Keep up the good work.. Looking forward to trackr.net

Last edited by Grasli (2008-02-10 07:35:16)

Nd4Spdr
Stuck in the Dirty Souf way too long...
+10|6711|ATL
so the BF2 stats will still be around right? on the new site?

just read the FAQ. Guess I was too hasty...

Last edited by Nd4Spdr (2008-02-10 08:07:14)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6479|Somewhere else

David.P wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

David.P wrote:

I see your point.  But, at the same time, I have had alot of discussions on here that I couldn't have IRL,  most people I know aren't interested in the things that alot of forum peoples are...
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6490|Menlo Park, CA
Well I am not surprised the site is moving in this direction. I think its a good idea cause so many of us have moved onto other games and paths in our lives. . . .

The community on this website is strong and I think we should have a good following once the switch is complete!! I just hope the forums are as engaging and fun as these have been over the past 2 years!
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6243|TEXAS
trackr.com = the next gen gaming myspace.

count me out.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6289|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

eaglecorps wrote:

count me out.
k

bye
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6489|Gogledd Cymru

cowami wrote:

eaglecorps wrote:

count me out.
k

bye
You forgot the thx.

*shakes head*
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6421|My room
Yayz proliferation!
Lai
+186|6150
trackr.com

From what I've seen it looks very nice (and a P90, my favorite ), but to popular,.. it doesn't look nerdi enough
LordHelmet
+1|6395

HurricaИe wrote:

LordHelmet wrote:

So will there be no more tracking of BF2 or is it just that it's expanding to include more games? I can see myself playing BF2 for another year or more, and is a great place, if nothing more than to locate other friends online and where they're at.

With my busy schedule (new kid and all) I don't have time to try to coordinate with someone. Just pop on and see if someone I know is playing and where they're at.

Or at least carry BF2 tracking until BF3 is released.... PLEASE!
Read moar... BF2s will stay up. Forums will just be disabled. Stats pages will still work
Thanks. Whew. Love this place. Guess I'll have to donate to the cause again! PayPal INBOUND!

Last edited by LordHelmet (2008-02-27 16:55:31)

DRAC2GUNZ
+1|6441
Didn't read thru the whole thread (zomg Im lazy, so whatz) but will we need to re-register ? I assume so since your switching from punbb.
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6198|Daqing Oilfields?

DRAC2GUNZ wrote:

Didn't read thru the whole thread (zomg Im lazy, so whatz) but will we need to re-register ? I assume so since your switching from punbb.
I believe he is transfering accounts somehow. I'll check the FAQ

Yeah, hes switching over the registration dates too. Check the FAQ for more info.
Lai
+186|6150

Miniman7474 wrote:

DRAC2GUNZ wrote:

I believe he is transfering accounts somehow. I'll check the FAQ

Yeah, hes switching over the registration dates too. Check the FAQ for more info.
Hmmm,.. I'd like to change nicks actually. I innitially joined BF2s for a specific comment and just took my real name.
Daniel_Blue-Delta
+11|6302|Sweden
I didn't spend enough time on these forums to get to know many here, which is regretful, but I will follow you guys to trackr.

I'll always be playing BF2 from time to time for the classic feel and memories, I've had so much fun in it, and my friends too.
I don't play BF2 as much as I used to, I play in periods, and right now I'm in for another round. And I'm enjoying it again. I still think it's got the best ranking system out there of 'em all. I might be getting 2142 as well, better late than never.

But I'll go with you guys to trackr, whether you like it or not.
Bagel_Bites
+14|5926
Sounds like a cool idea, but why on earth did you choose the cliche name "trackr"? Flickr did something clever with their name and now everyone is blatantly ripping it off. I literally cringe every time another startup springs up that thinks it's trendy or cool to remove that vowel before the "r" or abuse the .us domain (e.g. "Trackulo.us"). I apologize if I am coming off as abrasive. That's just my opinion on the whole "Web 2.0" shit storm.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6147|San Antonio, Texas

Bagel_Bites wrote:

Sounds like a cool idea, but why on earth did you choose the cliche name "trackr"? Flickr did something clever with their name and now everyone is blatantly ripping it off. I literally cringe every time another startup springs up that thinks it's trendy or cool to remove that vowel before the "r" or abuse the .us domain (e.g. "Trackulo.us"). I apologize if I am coming off as abrasive. That's just my opinion on the whole "Web 2.0" shit storm.
I've yet to see another good site lacking a vowel before the final letter. At least it's not iTrackr.
Lai
+186|6150

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Bagel_Bites wrote:

I've yet to see another good site lacking a vowel before the final letter. At least it's not iTrackr.
I concur. In Holland they're all having these http://www.mijn[fill in company or sevice].nl where "mijn" means "my". Even sincere businessess such as banks and social housing corporations use it. I my opinion it's just plainly rude and overemphasizes induviduality as well.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard