Dersmikner
+147|6507|Texas
I have a dream.

I dream of the day when this nation and her people judge based on accomplishment, and not on the color of one's skin.

I dream of the day when white students can live in any dormitory they want at Cal-Berkley, and aren't shut out of the "black only" dorms, of the day when the white student isn't segregated and told he can't sleep in Cornell's Ujaama House, the all-black dorm.

I dream of a day when you are accepted to or rejected from a State University based on your grades, not your melanin content.

I dream of a time when major employers aren't told that they have to hire a specific percentage of minority applicants, even if there are more qualified white applicants. I dream of the day when the more qualified white applicant isn't told that he has to go home to his family and tell them he was the better man for the job, but couldn't get it because he wasn't dark-skinned enough.

I dream of the day when TBS's Charles Barkley ("I hate white people" - no discipline) is held to the same standard as the Golf Channel's Kelly Tilghman ("if these kids want to beat Tiger Woods somebody's gonna have to take him into an alley and lynch him" - suspended).

I dream of the day when a white student's "A" earns him as much scholarship money as a black student's "B".

I dream of the day when you have to be a citizen of this country and pay taxes in order to receive the fruits of my labor in the form of social programs.

I dream of the day when Mexico's immigration laws match our own, or when ours are as strict as Mexico's. I dream of the day when Mexico will extend to the Guatemalan immigrants the same things the Mexicans ask of us.

I dream of the day when a woman who lives in a man's house for 2 years isn't entitled to half of his income, because she has a "right" to keep the standard of living that he has provided. I dream of the day when not only does he not owe her anything after they split up, but she owes him either a refund, or a "thank you" for the years of luxury he provided her.

I dream of the day that women get either the right to an abortion AND the responsibility of the child on their own, or if they want to be able to sue for child-support must also then give the man rights regarding the abortion process. I dream of the day that our authority equals our responsibility.

I dream of the day when the rest of the world quits asking the United States for money and military aid, or takes it and quits criticizing us at every turn. I dream of the day when they come to the understanding that if you want to deride and criticize, you don't then hold out your hand. I dream of the day they "grow up" and realize what I did as a teenager: You don't have to take Dad's shit, but you better not ask him for money if you don't want to live by his rules.

I dream of the day I don't have to Press 1 to proceed in English.

I have a dream...
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6570|Southampton, UK

Dreams are dreams, life sucks.

Get used to it.

Edit: Boldness added for Emphasis.

Last edited by naightknifar (2008-01-21 12:58:25)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

naightknifar wrote:

Get used to it.

And people aren't allowed to dream?

Get the fuck out of this thread before I ban your ass forever.
Jepeto87
+38|6694|Dublin
Lol I was just reading something interesting on said subject!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22758159/
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6569

Zimmer wrote:

naightknifar wrote:

Get used to it.

lol....we need another great leader like MLK. We are hurting when it comes to role models.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

rawls2 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

naightknifar wrote:

Get used to it.

lol....we need another great leader like MLK. We are hurting when it comes to role models.
Do you realise the amount of crap that was posted on this topic? I deleted all the posts. It's just pathetic that when the general spammers of the forum decide to take a peek into the DAST, choose a topic and then add in their worthless, immature post.

Ders posted a perfectly valid topic, an interesting one and one that brings up many topics for dicussion. Is he not entitled to have a clean topic for people to be able to post back with some sense of maturity?

Naight has done it so many times that my response was about as basic a grunt and punch. People who can't post constructively on this forum shouldn't be allowed in. End of.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6332|New Haven, CT

Dersmikner wrote:

I have a dream.

I dream of the day when this nation and her people judge based on accomplishment, and not on the color of one's skin.

I dream of the day when white students can live in any dormitory they want at Cal-Berkley, and aren't shut out of the "black only" dorms, of the day when the white student isn't segregated and told he can't sleep in Cornell's Ujaama House, the all-black dorm.

I dream of a day when you are accepted to or rejected from a State University based on your grades, not your melanin content.

I dream of a time when major employers aren't told that they have to hire a specific percentage of minority applicants, even if there are more qualified white applicants. I dream of the day when the more qualified white applicant isn't told that he has to go home to his family and tell them he was the better man for the job, but couldn't get it because he wasn't dark-skinned enough.

I dream of the day when TBS's Charles Barkley ("I hate white people" - no discipline) is held to the same standard as the Golf Channel's Kelly Tilghman ("if these kids want to beat Tiger Woods somebody's gonna have to take him into an alley and lynch him" - suspended).

I dream of the day when a white student's "A" earns him as much scholarship money as a black student's "B".

I dream of the day when you have to be a citizen of this country and pay taxes in order to receive the fruits of my labor in the form of social programs.

I dream of the day when Mexico's immigration laws match our own, or when ours are as strict as Mexico's. I dream of the day when Mexico will extend to the Guatemalan immigrants the same things the Mexicans ask of us.

I dream of the day when a woman who lives in a man's house for 2 years isn't entitled to half of his income, because she has a "right" to keep the standard of living that he has provided. I dream of the day when not only does he not owe her anything after they split up, but she owes him either a refund, or a "thank you" for the years of luxury he provided her.

I dream of the day that women get either the right to an abortion AND the responsibility of the child on their own, or if they want to be able to sue for child-support must also then give the man rights regarding the abortion process. I dream of the day that our authority equals our responsibility.

I dream of the day when the rest of the world quits asking the United States for money and military aid, or takes it and quits criticizing us at every turn. I dream of the day when they come to the understanding that if you want to deride and criticize, you don't then hold out your hand. I dream of the day they "grow up" and realize what I did as a teenager: You don't have to take Dad's shit, but you better not ask him for money if you don't want to live by his rules.

I have a dream...
Affirmative action is beyond overly abused.

+1
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Dersmikner wrote:

I have a dream.

I have a dream...
ut oh.........looks like we have another racist in the house, here come sit next to me and we can be hated and judged by the "tolerant" ones together.

Last edited by lowing (2008-01-21 14:39:23)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6768|San Antonio, Texas
That's a beautiful dream, top to bottom.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6569
I have a dream too.....I dream one day the white people will stop crying about the benefits minorities recieve, I dream one day they will realize  even with "affirmative action" white people still have way better opportunities to become something. I dream one day the white man will understand that the immigrants and minorities are not the root of his problems. I dream one day I will stop seeing able body white homeless men begging for money. I have a dream....
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6531
https://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s200/forcefivemedia/1198828187133.jpg

rip mlk
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6605|England

lowing wrote:

ut oh.........looks like we have another racist in the house, here come sit next to me and we can be hated and judged by the "tolerant" ones together.
That wasn't racist in the slightest, he's not said anything prejudicing.

It was a statement that accurately portrayed my sentiments: an end to positive racism in politics.
(If you don't know what positive racism is, it's giving extra rights or privileges to minorities. It's still racism because you are saying they aren't on an equal level)

This is something that desperately needs to be addressed but at this moment in time anyone who dares comment in public will forever be labelled a racist - something that is beyond wrong.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Sorry zimmer.....

but rofl
Dersmikner
+147|6507|Texas

rawls2 wrote:

I have a dream too.....I dream one day the white people will stop crying about the benefits minorities recieve, I dream one day they will realize  even with "affirmative action" white people still have way better opportunities to become something. I dream one day the white man will understand that the immigrants and minorities are not the root of his problems. I dream one day I will stop seeing able body white homeless men begging for money. I have a dream....
Rawls2, I am as 100% against the guy who doesn't hire someone because the applicant is black as I am against the idea that you should get a leg up for being black. IT SHOULDN'T MATTER. There are black guys who are bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, better looking and who work harder than I do. Should they get an edge because their skin is darker than mine? NO. They EARN their own edge by being better. Likewise, a white man shouldn't be given FEWER opportunities because he's white.

Racism, in ANY form, including so called "Affirmative" Action, is ugly. The sooner we start treating everyone equal the sooner we all WILL BE EQUAL.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6559|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
I agree with the OP, just look at this banner being displayed at Liverpool Football Club.  They are protesting against their American owners as they seem to be in a bit in a bit of turmoil...

https://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44371000/jpg/_44371386_livfans203.jpg

Now if that said "No Pakistanis" or "No Africans" those fans would be locked up by now but because Americans are stereotypically white its OK.

P.S I guess it wouldn't rhyme if it didn't say "yanks" though

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2008-01-21 16:05:26)

IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6751|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6680|UK

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

I agree with the OP, just look at this banner being displayed at Liverpool Football Club.  They are protesting against their American owners as they seem to be in a bit in a bit of turmoil...

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4 … ans203.jpg

Now if that said "No Pakistanis" or "No Africans" those fans would be locked up by now but because Americans are stereotypically white its OK.

P.S I guess it wouldn't rhyme if it didn't say "yanks" though
Yanks has never been used in a racist context as paki or nigger has.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6451|Stealth City, UK
I don't deny that MLK was a great man, who could inspire people with words and brought the issue of Civil Rights in America to light............but he didn't actually physically do much. On the march from Selma to Montgomery he bailed out, and that led to the 'Bloody Sunday' incident, all the sit ins (especially in Greensborough (?)) which he advocated but never atteneded......I could go on. There are many other memebers of the SNCC and SLCC that just haven't been recognised.

And of course you can't forget all the other Civil Rights movements around the world, where people whent into situations they knew they wouldn't come out of.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6139|North Tonawanda, NY

m3thod wrote:

I have to agree.  I think 'yank' is about as offensive as 'brit'.
=OBS= EstebanRey

m3thod wrote:

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Why wasn't Christ born in America?  They couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.

What do you call a clever American? A tourist

When NASA first started sending astronauts into space, they realised that ball-point pens wouldn't work in zero gravity.  A million dollar investment and two years of tests resulted in a pen that could write in space, upside-down, on almost any surface and at temperatures from sub-zero to 300 degrees.  When confronted with the same problem the Russians took a pencil.

Why is everything in America always bigger than everything else?  So that the people will fit.

What do you call a field full of Americans?  A vacant lot.

What do you call three thousand dead Americans?  A good start.
They have now........

But seriously are you suggesting that you can only be a vitim of racism if your race has a history of it?  That's ridiculous! 

When I lived in Swededn I went out after England knocked Turkey out of a Football competition.  My Swedish friends who were high on drugs sailed into the club guarded by Turkish bouncers but they wouldn't let me in despite not being drunk or drugged up.  I eventually had to call my Turkish friend who talked them into letting me in.  The only reason I wasn't let in at first was because I was English.

Now are you saying I haven't got a justifiable greivence just because my race hasn't been persecuted on a large scale before?  That's like saying you can't be a victim of rape unless you've been raped before, or your not a victim of burglary if you haven't had your house robbed on a previous occasion.

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2008-01-21 16:29:52)

=OBS= EstebanRey

SenorToenails wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Not really, Brit is short for British.  Yank is more akin to Limey.......

But you've missed my point, it wasn't about the term "yank" it was that they were saying they didn't want Americans running their club, if you said the same about Pakistanis or Kenyans it would be deemded racist.

Please read my posts more carefully in future.....
m3thod
+2,197|6680|UK

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

m3thod wrote:

But limey isn't offensive...i find it midly humorous.
m3thod
+2,197|6680|UK

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

m3thod wrote:

But you've missed my point, it wasn't about the term "yank" it was that they were saying they didn't want Americans running their club, if you said the same about Pakistanis or Kenyans it would be deemded racist.

Please read my posts more carefully in future.....
Yeah i would have to agree there.  The haunting past of colonialism....
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

Yank is offensive if you are a Red Sox fan.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
=OBS= EstebanRey
MY POINT ISN'T ABOUT THE TERM "YANK" IT'S ABOUT NOT WANTING AMERICANS TO RUN THEIR CLUB, THAT IS WHAT IS RACIST!!!!! or would be if it were any black or Asian race.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard