Poll

Do you play Highway Tampa anymore?

Yes30%30% - 65
No69%69% - 145
Total: 210
kptk92
u
+972|6427|tc_london
Well it came out last April, just wondering if anyone even likes the map. I am yet to touch a vehicle (except the BH tournament today) since my return to BF2, and I'm raring to go (I'm downloading the Tampa map at the mo).
avman633
+116|6383
I don't even play BF2 anymore so no
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6608|California U.S.A
I like it, my W/L ratio is crappy though.

It's definitely on of the funner maps to C4 jeep on. I have a screen somewhere on getting 3 tanks on one shot.

It a very wide open map with lots of rolling hills so it makes for some epic tanks duels when you get all squaded up rolling as engineers.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6167|San Antonio, Texas
It's alright if you like armor, but sucks if you're left at a CP with no car. Could make for decent sniping with so many stranded.

One thing that sucks: only 1 jet per side. There are two hangars, but only one jet.
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6016
Few points:

1) You can easily get your explosive badges here by mining the bottle necks (like at Refinery) and C4 jihading
2) Easier to get in jets on the map. People seem to rush for Black Hawks/Tanks/APCs more.
3) There is a crashed F-18 in an oasis north of Refinery, I sometimes found camping commanders there.
4) I got my longest tank vs tank kill on here.
5) The map is kickass, I like it.
6) You wont get revived if you die. I only see one or two medics per game.

Lol, maybe this was not needed
Longbow
+163|6665|Odessa, Ukraine
No attack chopers - fail. Should be 2 per team.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6173|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Actually, I've downloaded and installed it, but there seem to be no decent servers, there's onethat's always tehre that's got 60/64 people in it, and another with 3 people and a 250 ping.

So I've never actually played it.

But what i can say in relation t the Expansion maps, I got AF, and the maps sucksorz, so yeah
pasngr
+50|6664
eventho i repatched it always tells me i have modified content, so no i dont play it
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6308|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

CoconutBlitz wrote:

It's definitely on of the funner maps to C4 jeep on.
Actually, it's better to jihad cow with.

Just ask some peoples who play on the US Server! (most notably, Canin)
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6541
never played it
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6609|Reisterstown, MD

I played it twice...one of the rounds didn't get recorded.  Just didn't appeal to me.
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6437|Florida
I don't play it anymore, but I do like the map.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6018|Aberdeen, Scotland
Good for armour whores...

It's ok, I got a shedload of jet hours on it when it came out, but it's not that exciting...and the Intel ads are annoying too

To the guys who want more airpower...the map is totally flat, having choppers would make it a massacre.

Maybe 1 extra fighter per side, but don't even think about bombers
Longbow

MrAnderson wrote:

To the guys who want more airpower...the map is totally flat, having choppers would make it a massacre.
Actually mountain maps are better for chopers, while flat maps are better for AA vs them as theres no terrain to hide from missiles.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6364|Twyford, UK
Never played it.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6657|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Cmon' no one ever played this fkin map!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6487

Longbow wrote:

MrAnderson wrote:

Actually mountain maps are better for chopers, while flat maps are better for AA vs them as theres no terrain to hide from missiles.
True, when ever I hear the missile lock I go behind trees or mountains.

Tampa is jihad heaven. I love it.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6471|Cambridge, UK

Andoura wrote:

Cmon' no one ever played this fkin map!
Not everyone is a Kark only looser
Hakei
Banned
+295|6014

Longbow wrote:

Almost every non-city map has an attack chopper on it, I think they did good.

I don't like to play in armor because I know how weak it is against attack choppers.
Simon
basically
+838|6677|UK
Didnt even download it
kptk92
u
+972|6427|tc_london
Had about 6-7 rounds today on the Battleforce server - really enjoyable, packed full on Engineers/Anti-tanks. All in all, a great vehicle map
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
I've played it for a grand total of one and a half hours. Even less than my least played booster pack map.

I found that every 5 minutes i'd get killed by a jet. Hardly saw any enemy armour when i played. Just constant bombing, or standing around in spawn points waiting for a jeep to spawn. It's also far too big.

Not a fun map at all.

Plus, the fact that i get a CTD on the map after playing for a few minutes doesn't help. It never happened in the beta.

Edit: Oh yeah, and every time I played, the MEC got raped real bad. Incredibly unbalanced, downright boring map.

I think that removing the jets completely and greatly increasing the number of trans heli's and jeeps would have made the map far more enjoyable.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-01-19 16:24:59)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6498|Somewhere else

One of my favorite maps actually.  the INTEL ads are kinda shameful, but its pretty fun if the team are balanced failry well.
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6286|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)

Longbow wrote:

IMHO the best thing about this map (apart from the mass tank convoys) is the fact that there's no attack chopers and only 1 jet per side. I'm not whinging about getting owned by choppers n planes, but it's freaking annoying playing some maps (Wake, Dragon Valley, etc) where you just want to cap some flag, but you get fucked from the skys every other minute.

This map is the one I play when I want to armour-it-up without being uncontrollably TV-raped.

[/true story]
Longbow

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

This map is the one I play when I want to armour-it-up without being uncontrollably TV-raped.
Chopers wouldn't be a problem with 2 AAV's per team. Map is flat, you have no cover. Just...not my type of map, I either play infantry or fly chopers. On Tampa you are either in tank\jet or you're fucked.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard