DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6473|cuntshitlake

Andoura wrote:

Nothing to do with the battery.... I turn the key and the engine goes like: '' KHOOUUUMMMM KHOOUUUMMMMM KHOOUUUMMMMMMMMMMM KHOUUUMMMM'' and all and it wont start.
It's about the starter.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
LT.Victim
+1,175|6572|British Columbia, Canada

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Andoura wrote:

Nothing to do with the battery.... I turn the key and the engine goes like: '' KHOOUUUMMMM KHOOUUUMMMMM KHOOUUUMMMMMMMMMMM KHOUUUMMMM'' and all and it wont start.
It's about the starter.
Uh.. if the engine is turning over, then Its not the starter.. Its probably something to do with the Fuel System..  Fuel Pump most likely... which is easy to check if you know what you are doing..
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6473|A W S M F O X
Monster car or GTFO IMO.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6487|Communist Republic of CA, USA

Pubic wrote:

Hey guys, I had to jumpstart my car today and managed to put the cables on the wrong way.  Now I can't jumpstart it but the lights on the dash still go as do indicators (didn't test anything else, too raged).  It doesn't turn over, but there wasn't enough juice to turn it over anyway...suggestions as to what could be the problem?  Its an older car BTW, 83 corona.
GG

(To Andoura)
I think you should be happy.  You should have gone Old yeller on that thing a long time ago...
BVC
+325|6705

Ender2309 wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Hey guys, I had to jumpstart my car today and managed to put the cables on the wrong way.  Now I can't jumpstart it but the lights on the dash still go as do indicators (didn't test anything else, too raged).  It doesn't turn over, but there wasn't enough juice to turn it over anyway...suggestions as to what could be the problem?  Its an older car BTW, 83 corona.
...are you serious?
Yes, actually.  Didn't leave the cables on long enoguh to catch fire or anything, just got a little hot.
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6007
R.I.P Van, may it find better place in car heaven.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6207|Winland

I don't see what's so horrifyingly bad about this car. Ok, it's not the fastest or most good-looking car, by far not, but it's not like driving an 80's oldsmobile taht's been standing on a field for 10 years.

I mean, it works (Well, did, an propably will again) and it has an interiour. There are people with worse cars. My dad used to drive an 80's mercedes Diesel, wich had no interiour at all, except from the seats, it had a leaky roof and the right back door would not open. He drove in that thing for three years until he lost his license, for drunk driving...
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Only women crash their cars

I own a 320.000 km old https://www.opelpower.dk/galleri/userupload/1767_vecreaa3.jpg that cost me £2200 thx to danish car prices

Last edited by FloppY_ (2008-01-08 05:59:15)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
You guys have cars with fucking ridiculous mileages.

awsm
BlackKoala
+215|6335
Is it throwing a Check Engine light at you?  If so take it to the garage and have them grab the code for you, and grab a Chiltons/Haynes and diagnose the problem  From there you should be able to figure it out and fixed what's fucked.  Provided it's not anything inside the block or the tranny, you should be able to do everything else yourself.  If not, now's a great time to learn.

Oh, you aren't in the US are you?  I don't know how the first two sentences would apply to you if not.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6207|Winland

BlackKoala wrote:

Is it throwing a Check Engine light at you?  If so take it to the garage and have them grab the code for you, and grab a Chiltons/Haynes and diagnose the problem  From there you should be able to figure it out and fixed what's fucked.  Provided it's not anything inside the block or the tranny, you should be able to do everything else yourself.  If not, now's a great time to learn.

Oh, you aren't in the US are you?  I don't know how the first two sentences would apply to you if not.
Andoura is too lazy to learn anything or fix anything by himself. So, that post doesn't apply to him at all.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Bernadictus
+1,055|6746

Andoura wrote:

Dammit!

My car just broke! The motor won't start... it's in a parking and will stay...

Nway, what do you think I could buy, a smooth car, small motor, Max 2 000$.

I'm not putting money on the van anymore, fuck it!
Buy Toyota, Starlet preferd. Toyota engines are indestructable. Mine was 18 years old, started with not problems at -15 degrees. In all those years on the the drive belt was replaced once.
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6762
These engines are easy to fix yourself, if it is not the electronics.
I have rebuilt several of these, you want the gasget set I still have one
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6694|Espoo, Finland
I broke a tire today, which car do you think I should buy?
hawaythelads
We are PREMIER LEAGUE!
+84|6496|Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Gawwad wrote:

for 50 Euro ill take that car away

Honda Civics are nice cars...
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6142|Carnoustie, Scotland
@ your other post...

Is your van yellow or is that photoshopped; because it's a damn good photoshop if it is.

I would so shag you in that yellow one.

EDIT: Just looked closer, saw the exhaust, nice try

Last edited by Funky_Finny (2008-01-08 08:37:49)

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6648|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Update: It started again! I think it was because of the high % of humidity outside... But nway im still having problem with it lool. Makes strange noises and yesterday i went to my gf house, when parking the car, I turned off the key, and the motor was still running.. but it was doing something like : '' Vroummm mmm mmmm mmm, Vroummm mmmm mmmm mmmmm , Vrouuuummm mmmmm mmmm. loolll  Kinda tryin to start by it self but was not able, but he (the motor) was trying again and again to start....
LT.Victim
+1,175|6572|British Columbia, Canada
You really don't know much about cars do you?

Don't you have like an automotive department at your school or something?
VicktorVauhn
+319|6401|Southern California

Bernadictus wrote:

Andoura wrote:

Dammit!

My car just broke! The motor won't start... it's in a parking and will stay...

Nway, what do you think I could buy, a smooth car, small motor, Max 2 000$.

I'm not putting money on the van anymore, fuck it!
Buy Toyota, Starlet preferd. Toyota engines are indestructable. Mine was 18 years old, started with not problems at -15 degrees. In all those years on the the drive belt was replaced once.
Old toyota = good
Newer toyota = bad. Late 90's so a bit of a decline in their engines reliability and they have had a lot of sludge problems...

I'd say buy an early 90's 5 speed Honda accord sedan. Cheap, reliable, great on gas and actually kinda fun to drive.
Reciprocity
+721|6590|the dank(super) side of Oregon
yeah, must have been that damned humidity.

be sure to check the muffler fluid and radiator bearings.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6648|Montreal, Qc, Canada

LT.Victim wrote:

You really don't know much about cars do you?

Don't you have like an automotive department at your school or something?
Lool LT. I cant do shit with the car even if I knew something about cars... Actually I do know abit about cars, but not in my case. It could be anything. You have to drive it to know what im talking about ...

Under the car I have like 10 or more cable that touch the ground... So when I actually drive they rub the street lool

Ill post pics tomorrow you'll see:P
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

Spell out some other sounds it makes.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6743|Singapore
jumpstart it? push the car down a slope or something and try
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6422|Belgium

Gawwad wrote:

Pink Rolls Royce with a huge sticker on the hood.

Last edited by FlemishHCmaniac (2008-01-11 03:00:30)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Pink Rolls Royce with a huge sticker on the hood.
Hello Kitty Sticker ?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard