kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london
I downloaded it yesterday (seeing as I got it with my CSS package 3 months ago) and I thought it was pretty decent tbh. Bit awkward at times but quite a good way to burn some time

Anyone else still play this?
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6437
I've played both free weekends and now that it's $10 it's very, very tempting. If it ever goes to $5 and there are still people playing it, it's got my buy.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6711|Charlie One Alpha
I played it with a free guest pass for 24 hrs, and I hated it.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6411|Espoo, Finland
3 free days with a guest pass were enough and I prefer CS:S tbh. If another free weekend comes, I'll sure try it again.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

I've got it and like it.

however, I am a big advantage for the opposition ... I have difficulty killing and seem to get killed frequently.  Crap computer + crap abilities usually lead to a 3-30 game, I guess.

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6782|Great Brown North
i played the old one... dont really like the new one much
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6481|Trondheim, Norway
Played it a lot before I bought CSS, never played it since

Decent game
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6579|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
I play it alot...love it...kinda a bitch sometimes but eh!

If any of you plan on playing it a little or alots....add me on steam!

Username: Bacfire
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland
Yep, play and love it! dod_strand is for the win..
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6159|Anaheim, Mexifornia
I fucking suck at DoD
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

I can never hit anything because the recoil always has me looking at the sky after 4 bullets.
Mugen
+19|6001
I love camping securing the garden on donner with mg :>
OrangeHound

MetaL* wrote:

I fucking suck at DoD
Yea, me too.  I played again last night ... another horrible outing ... so bad that one of my teammates remarked after I took out 3 Germans near their last flag to help win the round.

"Hey, OrangeHound actually helped the team that round ... he killed more of them than us."

*I need to find that clan server again.  It was a friendly, mature and laid-back community.
F1r3f0xx
+3|6572

some_random_panda wrote:

I can never hit anything because the recoil always has me looking at the sky after 4 bullets.
Then only fire in bursts you fool. Yeesh, I thought people would learn this by now.
But yeah, DOD:S is brilliant, lots of fun =3
I ADORE the k98. Everyone screams about how it sucks but that's because they can't aim. With a good aim behind it the k98 can destroy most of the opposite team.
EDIT: If you find that server again OrangeHound, share it with us!

Last edited by F1r3f0xx (2007-12-11 09:41:59)

kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london
<3 M1 Garand lololol
agent146
+127|6388|Jesus Land aka Canada
me its literally rivialing (well atleast the old dod) with bf2 for my top spot of favourite games.

one major reason for my love of dod is the unqiue heavy recoil. most newbies will have a hard time but its easy once you realize you have to pull down on your mouse if using an automatic rifle. 
miss the kar43 in dods though
OrangeHound

I went 17-30 today ... better, but still it is taking me a while to get used to the game.

BTW, the server I mentioned above is hosted by the Fight for Freedom (FfF) Clan.
thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|5984
Its a bloody hard game, but really rewarding when you kill people. The KAR98 is an awesome gun, I finally got the hang of it and the game is 100 times more fun now

The sounds and graphics kick ass, its one of my favourite games.
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6134
It's fun once you know the maps and how to handle the guns. One of the worst things is you can't clearly see enemies in windows across the map, but if you play it for awhile you'll just get the instict to shoot into those windows / cracks and will take out any enemies. I love how you get to shoot the nades off your rifle, makes nading MG's and snipers very easy.

I'd recommend for beginners to start with the m1 garand or kar98, get to know how each gun works, then once you feel like you have that one down keep getting to know them. The heavy recoil can be a pain, but usually you can counter it by simply pulling your mouse down. That still is pretty inaccurate, so I'd generally just use birst of 3-4 if you could. Try sticking to a 24/7 per map and get used to each map aswell. When you die look at what your teammate are doing. You can pick up strategies and map layouts real quick.

Last edited by NateWiese (2007-12-11 22:48:27)

=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6367|California

F1r3f0xx wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Then only fire in bursts you fool. Yeesh, I thought people would learn this by now.
But yeah, DOD:S is brilliant, lots of fun =3
I ADORE the k98. Everyone screams about how it sucks but that's because they can't aim. With a good aim behind it the k98 can destroy most of the opposite team.
EDIT: If you find that server again OrangeHound, share it with us!
amen, i use to go 30-10 with that thing(before my friend took his account back).
I played it for a good 6 months.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard