Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6567|Kent, UK
Can anyone recommend me a semi decent video mp3 player with at least 10GB fur under, say, £150 ($300)?
bennisboy
+829|6657|Poundland
If you willing to stretch by about a tenner you can get the 80gb iPod classic. Its absolutely quality. My first iPod, used to hate them, but its really good
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6567|Kent, UK
Sorry, I forgot to mention:

That ISN'T an iPod. I have absolutely no love for them.
Ryan
+1,230|6853|Alberta, Canada

Get an iPod Touch 8GB, I am.
I don't seem what is so bad about iPods.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6727|Riva, MD
If you want to avoid iPods, then get a Zune of some sort.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6717|67.222.138.85

Ryan wrote:

Well first of all it's not 10gb is it?

Don't get a Zune. It's Microsoft, I've heard a lot of horror stories.

I don't own one, but from everything I've heard the Creative Zen is good.
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6149|New Jersey
I don't know if the deal is still floating around, but I recently bought a 30GB Zune for only $100.  Yes it was brand new.  It's just an ugly brown color (which is now covered up by a $16 black case.  I also bought one for my dad.  The two websites that had them for $100 were buy.com and newegg.com.

The price/GB ratio absolutely shits ALL OVER any iPod ever created.  It's $200 for an 8GB iPod Nano which = $25 per GB.  The Zune (when I bought it like a month ago) = $3.33 per GB.

Last edited by SpIk3y (2007-12-08 10:41:34)

aimless
+166|6135|Texas

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Well first of all it's not 10gb is it?

Don't get a Zune. It's Microsoft, I've heard a lot of horror stories.

I don't own one, but from everything I've heard the Creative Zen is good.
I'd go with the Creative Zen. I know a few people that have them and they never report any bad stuffs.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6766|Scotland

Ryan wrote:

The Touch is useless in the UK.  Wi-fi isn't free here. The Touch is a huge rip-off.

Also.
A. read his damn post.
B. Read it again.

Here you go, it isn't 10GB, but its the best MP3 out there that is close to £150. Also, its one of the sexiest.
iRiver Clix 2

Or if you want something that is like the iTouch but better and not iPod then go for this
Samsung YP-P2

Ignore the software disfunctionalities on the last one, Samsung just realeased the new firmware for it that allows you to use it as a bluetooth phone and has all the music formats available.

I will look further to try and find you a good 10GB player. But its hard. Becasue Creative fail and you don't want iPod ( I hate them as well )

Why do you not want a Creative? Because Sound Quality is not very good, it has software niggles and generally looks quite bad ( i.e menu and functionalities )
Why do you not want a Zune? Because its MS shit and you have to install more MS shit on your computer for it. Plus, it got ripped apart by every single MP3 reviewer out there.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6567|Kent, UK
Cheers Zim, they both sound and look yummy!

Although, I've just remembered that I need a new phone contract because I've been on PAYG since I returned from Germany. I'm thinking about the Xda Orbit which I'd get for free on a £30/month contract with 600 free minutes, unlimited minutes to o2 numbers (nearly all my friends and family are on o2) and 500 texts, with unlimited browsing. Then I can make use of all those 8GB flash cards I've got laying about the house. Hmm, I'm liking this idea.

Anyone know anything about this device?
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6245|United Kingdom
If you still want a good media player buckles i'd thoroughly recommend a "Creative Zen Vision M:30GB" .. got mine for £150 and i disagree that the software, quality etc. is under-par because it isn't, the menus are thoroughly customisable and for £150, you can't go better
bennisboy
+829|6657|Poundland
God, another person that hates iPod's without a reason. They really are a good gadget
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6567|Kent, UK

bennisboy wrote:

God, another person that hates iPod's without a reason. They really are a good gadget
I want an mp3 player. Not a "you have to install all our system-hogging software and convert all your thousands of music files to our formats" player.

iPods are VERY expensive and overated, especially considering what they are and do. As with pretty much all apple hardware.
NuShadow
Captain Fantastic
+24|6493|woodbridge, VA

Buckles wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

I want an mp3 player. Not a "you have to install all our system-hogging software and convert all your thousands of music files to our formats" player.

iPods are VERY expensive and overated, especially considering what they are and do. As with pretty much all apple hardware.
You don't have to convert your files. Mine are all mp3s still.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6567|Kent, UK

NuShadow wrote:

Buckles wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

You don't have to convert your files. Mine are all mp3s still.
iPods are still shit. Read my second point ^^
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6202|14072
Creative have the best mp3 players. I love my Zen V Pro, I wouldn't trade it for any other mp3 player.
bobby177
+129|6484|Texas.. getting out asap
Creative Zen Vision-M
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6346|Oregon
Creative Zen.
I'd still pick an iPod over it, but if that's not what you want...
THe Zen also has the best amp by far, so you'll be getting the best sound quality on the market.
They're small, well priced, easy to use, decent looking, big enough (hd space wise), and not iPods, so i think that's what you want.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6766|Scotland

Creative Zen are not the best MP3 players. Let me get that cleaer with you guys. Their sound quality is average. Their menus are average. Their software is average. Their prices are good. But their batteries are utter shit. They are nothing special. At all.
The iRiver Clix 2 kicks its ass and the iPods ass 10000 times.

Why not an iPod? Because they are so overrated that people actually want to have sex with them. If you read the review on advancedmprplayers.co.uk ( the one I linked ) on the Samsung YP-P2 page. You will see that the cheaper, not iPod version of a touch MP3 player kicks its ass. So shut up about iPods being amazing. The Samsung YP-P2 won 5 Stars in "What Hi-Fi" ( the biggest sound magazine out there ) so I doubt you can say the Touch is even up to its standard...yet its £70 more expensive for the same size of memory. It shows you how much bullshit Apple are.

Phetal, that is bullshit, the best sound quality right now is coming from Samsungs, Sonys and iRivers. So please, research, try and come again.

iPods are again, nothing special - poor sound quality, average firmware, good menus and games ( about the only plus ) and very poor reliability. I know of hundreds of guys who are on their 4th iPod because it stops working. They fail at reliability. Plus, they fail completely at battery life. Their screens scratch easily and they are not sturdy MP3s.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6743|St. Andrews / Oslo

I love my iPod Touch because:

It is sexy
I have had 3 iPods, and none of them have had any problems
They have great sound imo (I don't think that many "normal" people will hear the diff between it and a samsung with the same earplugs)
The menus are hawt
If my penis was a little smaller, I would have sex with it
I love iTunes (for those who don't, there are other programs to import music to your iPod)
iTunes DOES NOT convert your music. I don't see where you have this from...
It is sexy

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6346|Oregon

Zimmer wrote:

Phetal, that is bullshit, the best sound quality right now is coming from Samsungs, Sonys and iRivers. So please, research, try and come again.
i'm gonna go ahead and give you the win on this one, because quite honestly, I've just heard what I said from an audiophile friend of mine, and you are making your point with such conviction that I have to believe you.

but still
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6855102209
you can check that out.
aimless
+166|6135|Texas
iTunes only converts your music if it is wma/wmv format.
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6245|United Kingdom

Zimmer wrote:

Creative Zen are not the best MP3 players. Let me get that cleaer with you guys. Their sound quality is average. Their menus are average. Their software is average. Their prices are good. But their batteries are utter shit. They are nothing special. At all.
The iRiver Clix 2 kicks its ass and the iPods ass 10000 times.

Why not an iPod? Because they are so overrated that people actually want to have sex with them. If you read the review on advancedmprplayers.co.uk ( the one I linked ) on the Samsung YP-P2 page. You will see that the cheaper, not iPod version of a touch MP3 player kicks its ass. So shut up about iPods being amazing. The Samsung YP-P2 won 5 Stars in "What Hi-Fi" ( the biggest sound magazine out there ) so I doubt you can say the Touch is even up to its standard...yet its £70 more expensive for the same size of memory. It shows you how much bullshit Apple are.

iPods are again, nothing special - poor sound quality, average firmware, good menus and games ( about the only plus ) and very poor reliability. I know of hundreds of guys who are on their 4th iPod because it stops working. They fail at reliability. Plus, they fail completely at battery life. Their screens scratch easily and they are not sturdy MP3s.
Ever used a Zen Vision 30GB? Gotta say i disagree abuot the software. menus and functionality ... i don't think the sound's bad either tbh

Last edited by mitch212k_2 (2007-12-08 12:03:32)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6766|Scotland

You guys probably still use the crappy iPod earphones and the ones that come with the Creative. No wonder you have no concept of good sound quality.
Those earphones are worse than the free ones you get in airplanes. So you cannot comment on sound quality.

Mitch, I have used many Creatives. I think they are junk. And lol at the irony of that link Phetal.

Just read the first 3 reviews of the Creative Zen. Then think again about how good they are. They are just cheaps bits of plastic that claim are better than most MP3s. Think again, they are pretty much average.

I have had my iRiver H10 for 2.5 years now and I have had no problems whatsoever and it still beats most MP3s sound quality and battery life. Yet its not an iPod or Creative. Wow, eh?

Any normal person with a good sense of hearing can tell instantly what is good sound quality and what isn't. Buy some half decent earphones and you will see what I mean ( by that I mean over £45 ).

Jens, I can't disagree with you there about the iTouch menus. But that is one decent thing from an overrated and overpriced MP3 player.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6743|St. Andrews / Oslo

ofc, you NEVER use the earphones that come with an MP3 player.

When using my Senheiser in an iPod and a Zen, I can't really hear any noticable difference in quality.

Haven't had the chance to try that Samsung though.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard