Nothing.8%8% - 5
Null Vote.9%9% - 6
Total: 62
chittydog
less busy
+586|7009|Kubra, Damn it!

Bernadictus wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

This section is becoming more and more focussed around a group of people. That is not a positive development, because this section turns into a group which outsiders might consider threatening.
If you vote please have the fricking balls to mention your choice. Anonymous voting is annoying and useless. Your votes will not be accounted for in the end.

I voted: All of the above.
Null vote. Why make a poll if you require people to post as well?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6817

Better structure and better section management. This place is a mess!!

I don't think more contests are necessary as the one(s) we have now see little participation. Tutorials are not necessary in my opinion. If someone wants to do some tutorials they should check out of the many, many, graphics oriented websites, not a gaming forum.
Entertayner
+826|6744

OmniDeath wrote:

I don't think more contests are necessary as the one(s) we have now see little participation. Tutorials are not necessary in my opinion. If someone wants to do some tutorials they should check out of the many, many, graphics oriented websites, not a gaming forum.
If you're gonna redirect people to other sites then what the point is us extending in this section?
CommieChipmunk
+488|6743|Portland, OR, USA
more cowbell.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6880|67.222.138.85

Entertayner wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

If you're gonna redirect people to other sites then what the point is us extending in this section?
There is a difference between tutorials and a community. I think we want people to come here to talk about graphics, trade tips, etc., but someone who has never used PS before should probably get a beginning tutorial somewhere else.

Not that I know what the hell I'm talking about as far as graphics, but I think that's where the section is going.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6940|UK
Voted all of them. But i recon more tuts comes first. links to ofsite tuts would be great.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6723|CH/BR - in UK

We need Request, SOTW and Tutorial subsections.

-konfusion
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6868|The Ville
I voted for all of the above.
Home
Section.80
+447|7021|Seattle, Washington, USA

I voted more tutorials, because we don't have many of those, but if I could I would revote all of the above. I think we would benefit from more competitions, especially more creative ones.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6637|cuntshitlake

Entertayner wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Entertayner wrote:

Some graphics mods. *cough*
Ooooooooooooh ------> Vote Gooners For Graphic Mod Status
Fuck you.
Sorry, but that idea sucks. It would make this section even more focused to a few people.

The idea of wiki sig team is also good, but unfortunately the effect is same. Only the wiki people are "respected" enough to be taken seriously. I am not usually posting here because the gorge between Graphics section and Junk Drawer is too deep. Just like I feel uncomfortable in D&ST.

The problem is that This section is too "foreign" to normal users. In my opinion you shouldn't have to be good in photoshop to contribute here. This section should serve basically these two things:

1. Skilled Photoshoppers etc can share their work and get feedback from other users.

2. Not so skilled people can learn from the skilled users.

SoTW was the shit, but it lost it's meaning when the same people started to win every week

This is not a rant, just suggestions on making this section better.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
OmniDeath
~
+726|6817

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Entertayner wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

There is a difference between tutorials and a community. I think we want people to come here to talk about graphics, trade tips, etc., but someone who has never used PS before should probably get a beginning tutorial somewhere else.

Not that I know what the hell I'm talking about as far as graphics, but I think that's where the section is going.
Exactly what I was getting at

I feel some of you forget this is a gaming forum sometimes and try and push it to encompass a lot of things that it is not. There are millions of sites with tutorials for beginners and experts, why even try to include that here? I say give links to sites like that for people interested in learning, not make our own.
Flaming_Maniac
Hmmm...what about a contest where you take a common company logo, then mess with it/add to it to turn it into something else?

Say take the Nike logo, turn it up on its side, add a 'stache, make it a person. (Okay dumb example, but I'm trying mmkay?)
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6476|The | Netherlands

jsnipy wrote:

A better structure inside this forums section.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6929|Scotland

I voted for nothing.

This is not, and will never will be, a graphics forum. So why should it be so damn in-depth?

I guess you could have some more tuts, but I am not too bothered. It's a small subforum part of something much bigger, I don't really think it needs much.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6939|Cambridge (UK)

Bernadictus wrote:

Anonymous voting is annoying and useless.
Anonymous voting is what all great democracies are built on.
Flaming_Maniac

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

BF2s isn't a democracy.
0akleaves
+183|6787|Newcastle UK
all of teh above
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6806

All Of the Above + A sub section for tutorials.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6939|Cambridge (UK)

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

BF2s isn't a democracy.
I didn't say it was - I was just pointing out that anonymous voting isn't "annoying and useless".

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard