Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Today (or tonight or this morning) Im_Doomed, Canin, myself and many others where playing on the US server. We were obviously the better team, with many victories and Doomed and myself getting stars in every round. So apparently to try and counter this the other team spammed claymores all over the place. It was insane how often we were killed by those things, almost all of my few deaths were from these things. They were disrupting gameplay allot. The admins playing wanted to kick them but since there are not limits on clays in the rules they couldn't. So I think that it would benefit the US server community if we disallow excessive use of claymores. The things annoyed everyone in our squad, (made entirely of BF2s members) and I think it would be in the server's best interest to put limits on them.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6415|Queens, NYC
Yeah, I think I was there for this spammage. Pretty much every flag we tried to cap was covered by clays, and paths as well.

BTW, tonight was my first time in the server and it was great!
Smitty5613
+46|6496|Middle of nowhere, California
i think EA should make the claymores take at least 10 seconds to set up...... that would stop alot of the claymore whores....
san4
The Mas
+311|6658|NYC, a place to live
Claymores are a pathetically weak weapon. I love claymores when I play medic because they just create easy revives.

If we're going to make rules banning things that kill us a lot, I propose that simminator and t0mhank5 be banned.
DK_GunSlinger
+1|6510|Texas

san4 wrote:

Claymores are a pathetically weak weapon. I love claymores when I play medic because they just create easy revives.

If we're going to make rules banning things that kill us a lot, I propose that simminator and t0mhank5 be banned.
and grenades......just look at Karkand as an example.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6619|Washington DC

So, did you guys adjust to the tactic by having trailing medics? 

Clayspamming is an easily countered tactic ...
Hallvard
+262|6492|North Norway

claymores ftw!
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6798|Texas
Haha.  I wish I was there to see that and rack up the revive scores. 

Think you could whine any more about getting lamed to death?  It sounds like they had an entire team utilizing the best anti-personnel weapon in the game.  Too bad you didn't have a few medics behind you reviving you so that you could kick the crap out of all the snipers at each spawn.  If you didn't roll that map in 5 minutes it's your own damned fault for not being organized.

The only thing that should be done about clays/mines is a patch by EA so that they detonate when another explosion occurs near/on them so you could clear them when you see them.
Beyond_Parallax
+1|6146|Parts Unknown
ppl who whine about other ppl killing them "too much" with claymores should be shot..... or perhaps taught how to use claymores. don't like em? get your own server and boot anyone who kills you from it like most whiners in this game do, or better yet, play another game that has weapon balance more conducive to your "7331" pwning skills. personally, If I notice myself getting killed alot by claymores, then its time to change tactics, not whine like a lil kid.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6497|Belgium

Well, if you work as a team and one of you is medic, claymores are no big deal One runs into it, other revives.

If you want to stop the spam, you might consider turning FF for mines back on, so teammates activate them too?

Not much left you can do to prevent people from spamming them.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6676|67.222.138.85
1) There will probably never be a rule against it, nor should be there be a rule against it.

2) As said before it really isn't too hard to counter, especially with a full squad of BF2s people working together.

3) If anything, as you said, the admins should have made sure the teams were balanced in the first place if you were obviously the better team.
_1_MAN-ARMY.12
Banned
+1|6087|Southern California, USA

ph4s3 wrote:

Haha.  I wish I was there to see that and rack up the revive scores. 

Think you could whine any more about getting lamed to death?  It sounds like they had an entire team utilizing the best anti-personnel weapon in the game.  Too bad you didn't have a few medics behind you reviving you so that you could kick the crap out of all the snipers at each spawn.  If you didn't roll that map in 5 minutes it's your own damned fault for not being organized.

The only thing that should be done about clays/mines is a patch by EA so that they detonate when another explosion occurs near/on them so you could clear them when you see them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard