kptk92
u
+972|6417|tc_london
I enter a server as normal, I load the map up and I 'Join Game'. Then the map appears but then it stays with the same picture and nothing is working ... it happens with every server I try and enter! A full re-installation has failed to work and I don't know what to do ... any help guys?
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6543|Valhalla
I had a similar problem... I fixed mine by deleting the 2142 folder in the My Documents folder
Slickfish
+24|6632
I just had the same thing, I had to delete the game and all profile's etc all trace had to go.

Reinstalled and now its all back to normal, weird I know but afew guys I know have had this problem.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6543|Valhalla

Slickfish wrote:

I just had the same thing, I had to delete the game and all profile's etc all trace had to go.

Reinstalled and now its all back to normal, weird I know but afew guys I know have had this problem.
I think its just a corrupt profile I know a few people who had the problem as well
kptk92
u
+972|6417|tc_london

loonitic wrote:

Slickfish wrote:

I think its just a corrupt profile I know a few people who had the problem as well
Well I deleted everything and I'm currently reinstalling now
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6664|UK
make sure b4 you install you get rid of all your registry of the game
Slickfish
+24|6632
Now my game loads but crashes and bombs out every round.
Buzerk1
+44|6845
I have the same problem but I did not try to fix it yet I didn't  have the time to play lately... My next step was to remove and re-install... seem you all confirm this is what is required.
Slickfish
+24|6632
guys I found this..tried it lastnight and for the first time in a month had a trouble free evenings play!!.

(can't remeber what site this is from, its not mine so I take no credit)just letting you know it seems to work.

http://emarkaysolutions.wordpress.com/2 … e-in-game/

I have no idea what this does TBH but it appears to have worked for me, I will let you know if the problem comes back.
LightMagic
Banned
+21|6671|Sheerness, UK
can't find (radial.cdb)  even after ticking box to show hidden files, so have you got the location for this file?
Slickfish
+24|6632
It says you need winrar or something, its free, there's a link on that page.
Buzerk1
+44|6845
In that same post, the last comment gives you the trick to see it even you don't have WinRAR.

***Warning... Any damage to your system based on these step are your fault***

Uncheck  "Hide protected operating system files" in your File explorer folder option.

Make sure you reselect it once you are done to prevent unwanted damage to your system

I don't know if this fix the problem for me as well, all I know is this file 5M for me and they mentionned 15M in there post.

I'll post the results here if this fixed the problem for me as well.

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2007-07-18 08:10:08)

Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6565|Kent, UK
You think you got a problem with not being able to play, what about this guy:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=81205

BulettRiddled
+7|6534
this also works I just did it.

ok i found a simple fix rather than doing a manual removal of all 2142 files.

1. Go to c:program files\Eletronic Arts\Battlefield 2142    make sure you have your folders set to show hidden files, look for a folder named radial.cdb

2. rename that folder by right clicking and hitting rename, I just put an O in front of the original name but you can do what you want.

3. If for some reason you cant find this file check your folder options ( this happened to me the first time I looked and I also did a search and I still coulndnt find it) make sure its set to show hidden files. You will then have to close that folder and start over, just go back to step one. Im sort of anal so I restarted also but I dont think you have to.

4. Go play 2142 after your done. I tried a bunch of servers and they all worked. If you go back and look after you have joined a server the folder will have been recreated and you should see the one you renamed.

Sometimes for whatever reason it wont show system files.....just go through all of your tabs and make sure hidded files and system files is unchecked and then close and re-open the folder and it should be there.

BulettRiddled
Buzerk1
+44|6845
UPDATE: Well the "files remove" trick didn't work for me.

I had to do a full reinstall to fix it...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard