Burks
+2|6644
I've never really had a problem with 2142 (other than key packet loss) until today. For some reason my game will only load the map halfway and then freeze. I can't ALT+F4, CTRL+ALT+DELETE, or use the Windows key....it's just froze. Last night it was working fine along with this morning. Every server I go on does this.

I've tried restarting, no go. Any ideas short of uninstalling, reinstalling, patching, etc?

System Specs:
2.8Ghz P4
1GB RAM
X1300 Pro

All settings on low or damn near all of them. One or two might be medium.
DeltaDeuce
+3|6662
I don't think it's a PB/EA problem.

On the computer you play on, go to Start / RUN
Type in cmd then hit enter

type in - tracert XXX.xxx.XXX.xxx

put in your servers IP address in place of the xx's and hit enter. See if you see SAVVIS listed on any/many of the hops to the server.
DancingGerbil
+1|6165|Melton Mowbray, England
I had exactly the same problem running it on Vista 64. I changed my video settings and it fixed the problem. I don't think it matters what you change the settings to as long as you change the resolution to force 2142 to rerender the maps (or whatever the hell it does!)
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6597|Michigan, USA
Its happening to me as well, and a bunch of others (google 2142 freezesat 50%)  this issue only seems to have started showing up in the past week or so for almost everyone affected.  Its not a connection issue, even loading a singleplayer game it freezes at 50%.  EAs support is garbage pitching the same line they always do for a fix...
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I had that too on XP Pro Mediacenter.... i reeinstalled and repatched... then all was fine
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6624|Camp XRay

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jsp … p;tstart=0

that sounds related to the issue a lot of us have been battling all week
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
r2zoo
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

ShawN_ wrote:

I had that too on XP Pro Mediacenter.... i reeinstalled and repatched... then all was fine
Did that, cleared out temp files, reinstalled newest drivers for video and sound.  Nothing works, stills tuck with a game that wont load.  Worked yesterday for 1 game, left that server joined another and bam it freezes at 50%.  Generally been a big EA supporter through thick and thin, but EAS just pissing me off now with their copy and paste support answers, and complete unwillingness to actually solve the issue.  I see a patch in 2142s future... even if its jsut a bug fix.

Edit:
Tryed the tracert thing, dont have savis anywhere in there, not that its the issue, considering the game doesnt work in single player either...

Possible soultion! Check under taskmanager to see if pnkbstrB.exe is running.  If it is not, go to your pb folder a launch it from there.  Then try to join a server.  It should work, it did for me.

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-06-13 10:52:03)

Burks
+2|6644
It's got to be an EA thing. Too many people are having the exact same problem in a short time period. Not that EA will admit they f*cked up.

But I do thank everyone for their help.

Last edited by Burks (2007-06-13 20:08:59)

Burks
+2|6644
Well myself and other people I know fixed it. Only way to do so was either delete the 2142 registry or uninstall, reinstall, and repatch it.

So if you have this problem, give those two a try.
BulettRiddled
+7|6527
this also works I just did it.

ok i found a simple fix rather than doing a manual removal of all 2142 files.

1. Go to c:program files\Eletronic Arts\Battlefield 2142    make sure you have your folders set to show hidden files, look for a folder named radial.cdb

2. rename that folder by right clicking and hitting rename, I just put an O in front of the original name but you can do what you want.

3. If for some reason you cant find this file check your folder options ( this happened to me the first time I looked and I also did a search and I still coulndnt find it) make sure its set to show hidden files. You will then have to close that folder and start over, just go back to step one. Im sort of anal so I restarted also but I dont think you have to.

4. Go play 2142 after your done. I tried a bunch of servers and they all worked. If you go back and look after you have joined a server the folder will have been recreated and you should see the one you renamed.
r2zoo
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

BulettRiddled wrote:

1. Go to c:program files\Eletronic Arts\Battlefield 2142    make sure you have your folders set to show hidden files, look for a folder named radial.cdb

2. rename that folder by right clicking and hitting rename, I just put an O in front of the original name but you can do what you want.

3. If for some reason you cant find this file check your folder options ( this happened to me the first time I looked and I also did a search and I still coulndnt find it) make sure its set to show hidden files. You will then have to close that folder and start over, just go back to step one. Im sort of anal so I restarted also but I dont think you have to.

4. Go play 2142 after your done. I tried a bunch of servers and they all worked. If you go back and look after you have joined a server the folder will have been recreated and you should see the one you renamed.
If this works, Ill karma the hell out of you, been desperete to play!
BulettRiddled
+7|6527
man it worked for me good luck, I'm headed off to play in the digital distruction dudes server if you want to join me.
evilcartman99
The Octagon
+18|6414|da ville, va
I have my folder options set to show hidden and I still can't find it
r2zoo
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

evilcartman99 wrote:

I have my folder options set to show hidden and I still can't find it
This was a problem for me also, under the same window to set show hidden files, make sure to have the box marked "Hide protected operating system files" unchecked, and then it will show up.
evilcartman99
The Octagon
+18|6414|da ville, va
Did anyone have radial.cdb come back up, mine some how made another copy
r2zoo
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

evilcartman99 wrote:

Did anyone have radial.cdb come back up, mine some how made another copy
Its supposed to.  It makes a new one, replacing the old broken one.

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-06-30 22:42:21)

T.Bagwell
+1|6588|FF=ON

BulettRiddled wrote:

Hey bulettriddled, how did you find out about this?  it worked for me too, much MUCH faster and easier than reinstalling.  If I had karma to give, it would be yours.  I hope other people read about this before going through the trouble of reinstalling.

-Bagwell
BulettRiddled
+7|6527
I hope your right, glad it worked. It's soooooo much easier than doing the other stuff.
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6746|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark

BulettRiddled wrote:

You sir are a fucking legend! Gleaming cheers.
BulettRiddled
+7|6527
Legend I'm not,  but thanks for the compliment and the Karma!
kachunkachunk
+8|6391|Ontario
Buttriddled, that was good of you. I didn't have any problems, but figured I should say so anyway.
Also I wanted to call you buttriddled, since that's what it looked like at a first glance! Not.. bulett. Weird.
BulettRiddled
+7|6527
lol thats funny kachunkachunk...never thought of that

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard