CloakedStarship
+76|6580

cowami wrote:

aj0405 wrote:

yup,i remember he was trying to stop our flag hopping spree.the only time i remember we got totally stuffed was when we were trying to break through Starship up the hill to the factory and it turned into nadespam city.
And meanwhile, I sat in the minecart thing at Fish Factory, waiting with my detonator for you to run through the hole in the fence.

Eventually, I blew the C4 and went down to shoot at things.
lol.. they never did make it up that hill.
aj0405
+19|6176
maybe not.but i'm pretty sure we still won the round.
t0mhank5
+319|6727|Surge
I shoulda played with you guys earlier... i ended up playing special forces and got exquisitely mad while playing Night Flight. My new neighbors mus think im crazy with all the yelling i did.
aj0405
+19|6176

t0mhank5 wrote:

I shoulda played with you guys earlier... i ended up playing special forces and got exquisitely mad while playing Night Flight. My new neighbors mus think im crazy with all the yelling i did.
what went wrong on Night Flight?we only played about 5 rounds.we finished Fushe and played a round of Mash,and then pretty much everybody left.i think 4 rounds is a bit much,especially when you only have 6-8 people.

Last edited by aj0405 (2007-07-09 22:27:39)

dill13
+67|6208

the teams were pretty unbalanced was the biggest problem but it was better on mash so i dont know.
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6604|California U.S.A

CloakedStarship wrote:

t0mhank5 wrote:

Im telling you guys.. Fushe is killing the server. It always ends up on Fushe cause everyone leaves during it and no one wants to rejoin.
I don't think its that FuShe is killing the server, i think its that four rounds of FuShe is killing the server.  I think two rounds on the 16 IO maps would be cool.  Especially since the rounds last so long anyway because theres such few people there... in my experience at least.
Gees CloakedStarship, I think you killed me a few times even after I logged out of BF2...

And as far as rounds per map how about one?

That way we could cycle through the rotation in a good night and those of us with A.D.D. could focus.

And yes do not be alarmed the almighty powers that run this website hath granted me the BF2s nickname change to my CoconutBlitz BF2 nick from my former Seal 3.

I have also been knighted as:

"Sir CoconutBlitz of the Mediocre, With Occasional Flashes of Brilliance Soon Followed By An Acute Case Of Dumbass"

Now .13% sexier!!!!   

Last edited by CoconutBlitz (2007-07-09 22:35:37)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6722|67.222.138.85
1 round per map is sometimes a problem if you are on a team that generally loses a certain map, so two rounds give both teams a chance to be on the advantaged side. The biggest reason for having at least two rounds is the load times, no one wants to load a map every 10 minutes.

It sounds like 4 rounds per map isn't working out too well though, should be go back to 2?
CoconutBlitz

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

1 round per map is sometimes a problem if you are on a team that generally loses a certain map, so two rounds give both teams a chance to be on the advantaged side. The biggest reason for having at least two rounds is the load times, no one wants to load a map every 10 minutes.

It sounds like 4 rounds per map isn't working out too well though, should be go back to 2?
Ooooooh, yeah load time would probably be annoying and I forgot about the revenge factor if one team got smoked on the first round, I think 2 would be great then.

So Flaming Maniac, I'm not sure which Admin changed my nickname but thanks for the advice I feel all matching and stuff.
CloakedStarship
+76|6580

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

All in favor say "I"

*I*
san4
The Mas
+311|6703|NYC, a place to live
2 rounds good, 4 rounds bad.
Flaming_Maniac
Changed back to two rounds per map. It was a nice experiment anyways.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6664|Washington DC

san4 wrote:

Depends ... if I like the map, then I'm OK with 4 rounds ... if I don't like the map, then I want it at 1 round.

In my experience, if the server is hovering near the threshold of 6-8 players, then either 1-round per map or 15+ rounds per map is the best at keeping the server going (with the latter being the best).  But, if the server frequently can get 20+ players, then 2 maps per round is ideal.
Flaming_Maniac

OrangeHound wrote:

san4 wrote:

Depends ... if I like the map, then I'm OK with 4 rounds ... if I don't like the map, then I want it at 1 round.

In my experience, if the server is hovering near the threshold of 6-8 players, then either 1-round per map or 15+ rounds per map is the best at keeping the server going (with the latter being the best).  But, if the server frequently can get 20+ players, then 2 maps per round is ideal.
I hope everyone knows, if there is an admin on, you can request a map change. I agree sometimes I just want a map over and will ask if we can go on to something else, people should ask if they're sick of a map.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6304|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

san4 wrote:

I hope everyone knows, if there is an admin on, you can request a map change. I agree sometimes I just want a map over and will ask if we can go on to something else, people should ask if they're sick of a map.
I'll usually ask if people start saying "OMG NOT AGAIN".

Of course, no one gives me definitive answers, so I change the map anyway.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6426|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
So yea....

WHY ISNT THERE A GAME?

It's my one day off during the week and there's nobody on
I'm gonna go cry in a corner.

Anyways, I'll be on TS, whoring up other bf2 servers. Let me know if you do start one.
aj0405
+19|6176
i might be on later,i'm not sure yet.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6490|Foothills of S. Carolina

I might hop on, then again, I might not, depends on how tired I am feeling
CoconutBlitz
All right then, come on get ur arses on the U.S. Bf2s Server!
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6478|meh-land
finally running a map i can run
and there's no one on...

Last edited by Blehm98 (2007-07-10 21:48:16)

Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6301|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
I think it should be 3 rounds a map. If you have an ultra slow computer and join in the middle of the round, you'll have a chance to get on both teams at least once.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6850|Kubra, Damn it!

Blehm98 wrote:

finally running a map i can run
and there's no one on...
I'd happily join if they turned off IO.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6478|meh-land
what's wrong with IO?  TBH, some maps are just better IO, although the 16 man versions are always best IO.  Makes no difference to me...
CoconutBlitz
Well crap i was on earlier with Dill and VicktorVauhn had a nice scrim going and was knifing with Dill when my cable went out which is my ISP also

It just came back on.
t0mhank5
+319|6727|Surge
I dont suppose any of you want to get on the server now? i got a whole night ahead of me.
CoconutBlitz

t0mhank5 wrote:

I dont suppose any of you want to get on the server now? i got a whole night ahead of me.
Hmm yeah i can get on server in a few I have to piss first and get my stuff ready for tomorrow first though prob about 10-15 minutes from now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard