Suicidal
+20|6500
I've seen many a 203 take out tanks too, but as already stated normally when they are almost finished.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6645|pimelteror.de
please read and donĀ“t just post.

one grenade does one point damage. the tank has a full health of 20 points.

end of thread.
Teflonspray
+2|6460

Nikola Bathory wrote:

... Do you remember, guys, in BF1942 it was different and grenades were a real menace for the tanks! I'm happy this is not the case in BF2
I re-installed BF1942 a couple of weeks ago and threw some grenades on a tank, it would blow up after 3 grenades. One grenade did even more damage than I remembered. You can always spot the newcomers in BF2, who previously played BF1942, throwing grenades at a tank and wondering why it doesn't blow up.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Well if I have the nade launcher and I see a burning tank I will shoot it so that I get the kill
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6570|Columbus, OH
As a tank-whore, I am amused when players chuck grenaades @ me. If they put me in a good mood I will run em over instead of firing my main gun.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6445|Ontario, Canada

Berserker2682 wrote:

what difference does it make if I'm support? 

I can refill my grenade supply?
Lol, yes. Make sure you take the plastic off your new game too.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
weasel_thingo
+74|6318

Blehm98 wrote:

play singleplayer and drive a tank

believe me, grenade can kill a tank, but you need a squad of suicidal idiots/AIs to do it.  A squad of 6 supports of course could kill a tank pretty fast, but...
derstralle
Iron Egg Skill, bitches!
+29|6207

agent146 wrote:

i know from experience i know that arty rarely and i MEAN RAREly hit tanks/apcs and when they do they dont' do much damage either.
Wrong. A direct hit is instant-death for the tank/APC, but luckily those direct hits are pretty rare. So if you occupy an important position with your tank (like when you are capping a flag) stay there, but if your position is worthless abandon it.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6711|Melbourne, Australia

Berserker2682 wrote:

nice guys, thanks a lot!

No more wasted attempts...not to mention un-needed deaths.
or should i say  "TANKS" alot!!!! ah ha ha ha... *SLAPS KNEE*
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6455|A W S M F O X

I.M.I Militant wrote:

Berserker2682 wrote:

nice guys, thanks a lot!

No more wasted attempts...not to mention un-needed deaths.
or should i say  "TANKS" alot!!!! ah ha ha ha... *SLAPS KNEE*
..........Just.......no.
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6553|Australia, NSW
ive grenade killed a tank before, he got hit by a sraw(and caught fire) and was rolling towards the enemy i threw the nade at, and my nade went off slightly before he was about to blow and i got the kill

ive also MGed a tank from a plane, he had just been bombed and was probably <1 bar of health when i got him
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6444|Cambridge, UK

I tested once when it came up before (http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=44736).....

A tank can be done with 18 thrown under easy and can be done with 16 if right on tracks

So if your in a squad and cornered with a tank on your case (with no AT or Spec-Ops) it can be killed with nades, normally only if you know a tank has already been hit (so prob only need 8/9 nades). Only a last resort tactic and as others say don't give away your position by just chucking in most situations.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6404|Belgium

derstralle wrote:

agent146 wrote:

i know from experience i know that arty rarely and i MEAN RAREly hit tanks/apcs and when they do they dont' do much damage either.
Wrong. A direct hit is instant-death for the tank/APC, but luckily those direct hits are pretty rare. So if you occupy an important position with your tank (like when you are capping a flag) stay there, but if your position is worthless abandon it.
I have played Taraba quarry once and I consistently got killed in my T-90 by direct arty hits on my full health tank.

Oh and if you want to know if grenades damage tanks, go into single player, hop into a tank and watch the nades fly. They will take you out if you let them throw.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6382|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
Once i saw a smoking tank attacking someone on my team and i was a medic but i blew it up with 4 nades and the guy bailed and died...
Fly51
+1|6146|France
It will show your position, so don't waste your time around.
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6155|Houston, Texas
haha i love the noobs that try to g36e my tank on wake and if i keep driving they chase me down the road haha. Gotta love the easy kills
RaiD
+5|6604|Canada
I love it when an enemy solider is in close proximity of my tank, has nowhere to run or hide and just sits there waiting to get blown to bits since he knows hes screwed .. so I just tease him and shoot the main MG around his body then slowly hit him in non lethal body areas till I get bored of his presence/

Last edited by RaiD (2007-06-22 06:45:32)

Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6641|Norway

d.cripz wrote:

killer21 wrote:

Actually, they do do some damage.  The best time to kill a tank with a hand grenade is when it is close being blown up.  Some people don't know this but you can also blow up assets with a hand grenade when it is on fire.
uh, we all know this. Its common sense that if something is almost dead grenades can finish it off.
Yeah

I tried blowing up the uav with grenades on an empty server once, it only took 64 nades
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6670|Middle of nowhere
grenades do 1 bar of damage to a tank usually, you can do 2 if you land it right next to the treads

GL shots do 1.5 or 2.5

if you're in a squad and have a support nade the CRAP out of it and you'll kill it rather quickly

play Singleplayer and you'll find out just how quickly you can die from grenades in a tank.... fucking bots

RaiD wrote:

I love it when an enemy solider is in close proximity of my tank, has nowhere to run or hide and just sits there waiting to get blown to bits since he knows hes screwed .. so I just tease him and shoot the main MG around his body then slowly hit him in non lethal body areas till I get bored of his presence/
lol, no, the best thing to do is when they see you and you're looking at them and they freeze in place b/c they know they're dead.... but you don't kill them, just look at them until they start to fun for it and then blow 'em to hell with a shell

for me, that's the best feeling i ever get in this game

Last edited by genius_man16 (2007-06-22 06:55:28)

aj0405
+19|6153

agent146 wrote:

killer21 wrote:

Actually, they do do some damage.  The best time to kill a tank with a hand grenade is when it is close being blown up.  Some people don't know this but you can also blow up assets with a hand grenade when it is on fire.
yub its approximately 2 bars. on a healthy tank and your on your own then chucking a nade at a tank is not recommended. with a bunch of buddies and support then yes.
i know from experience i know that arty rarely and i MEAN RAREly hit tanks/apcs and when they do they dont' do much damage either. So i lulz at inexperienced tankers- they panic in an arty strike and try to run away from the flag that they were trying to cap.
Now for something else: how many shots from the anti air sites does it take to take out a tank/apc?
that's because if one arty shot directly hits your tank you die.also,we on the US server found out that it takes 30 nades and about 15 TOW missiles to destroy assets(the UAV at least).so i guess if you really had the time and ammo you can destroy assets if you want.
stoneisland
+20|6765|Sweden
With a lot (A LOT!) of luck the driver jumps out to repair his tank when you throw your grenade
-Boom
-Two points
-Engineer kit on the ground
-A tank
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

David.Podedworny wrote:

killer21 wrote:

And with tv missles 2-3 shots(Depending on the asset, Arty takes less for some reason)
Only 1 shot from jet's laser-guided, but that is hard. I have blown one arty accidentally.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Oronisi
+4|6436
Psh how long have some of you played the game that you 1) don't know nades damage tanks, or 2) cant log in and try it yourself??

As some have said, you CAN damage tanks with nades, though it's not substantial damage and not recommended as normal recourse of man vs tank.  Hide or run.  But I've taken out a few tanks with nades when left with no other alternative.
RaiD
+5|6604|Canada
https://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4033/birdsun7.th.jpg

Last edited by RaiD (2007-06-22 08:11:53)

adv3rsary
+28|6708
chucking a gernade at a tank with 4 or so bars will set it on fire and kill it.. so yes.. but dont think you can even tickle a tank with full health with a full bag of gernades

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard