Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6761

Grenades don't do SHIT to armor.

I don't know how many times I've seen someone chuck grenades at a Tank or an APC. They do null damage. They might, might, say, 50 of them, might, take down an APC... with a couple of bars left. And that's only because the APC is on fire anyway when it has 2 bars.

Anyone I see on my team throwing grenades at a tank is automatically added to my 'don't ride in my car' list, and is a potential for my 'page down' list.

Stop. Throwing. Grenades. At. Armor.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6624|Los Angeles, California, US.
Lol, True.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6785|Hanging onto the UAV
Nah - let them carry on. Then armour drivers like me can seek 'em out easily and splat 'em... 
heman6666
+2|6521|Vettefan du
i see...
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6532|Valhalla
Err...OK...
Leprechaun56
Proud Infantry Whore
+31|6582|U.S.A
lol especially if you are spec-ops running to plant C4, only to get tked by a nade.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51

Coolbeano wrote:

I don't know how many times I've seen someone chuck grenades at a Tank or an APC. They do null damage. They might, might, say, 50 of them, might, take down an APC... with a couple of bars left. And that's only because the APC is on fire anyway when it has 2 bars.

Anyone I see on my team throwing grenades at a tank is automatically added to my 'don't ride in my car' list, and is a potential for my 'page down' list.

Maybe if you had payed a bit of attention in the singleplayer then you would have noticed that every bot will chuck a nade at your precious tank. The nades do damage.
And even so even I wish to knive the friggin tires on the fuckin APC then let me be, and you are not in the position to correct my movements, people like you will be instantly added to  my ''you are a stupid noob'' list.

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-09-17 05:22:24)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6761

I don't even know how this is gonna help my gameplay. I should go over to ea th and tell people to stop trying to stab tanks with knives.

Yes, I've seen people do it. Several times.

edit:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Maybe if you had payed a bit of attention in the singleplayer then you would have noticed that every bot will chuck a nade at your precious tank. The nades do damage.
Just because the bots do it doesn't mean it's a good tactic. Go test it out yourself, i think at around 20 nades the first bar was split into two.

Last edited by Coolbeano (2006-09-17 05:24:22)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51

Coolbeano wrote:

I don't even know how this is gonna help my gameplay. I should go over to ea th and tell people to stop trying to stab tanks with knives.

Yes, I've seen people do it. Several times.

edit:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Just because the bots do it doesn't mean it's a good tactic. Go test it out yourself, i think at around 20 nades the first bar was split into two.
Dice /EA has programmed the bots to do it, so it must have some meaning to it. And I don't how many nades it takes to take down a tank, but a lot of those nades do some serious damage.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
lmao!

i was on wake this one time ages ago, at the... north base is it? anyway, i was the only one on my tam there, and was hiding behind the aa bunker bit. this tank came along and started to take the flag. i was throwing grenades at him (i was support) like there was no tomorow. he didn't move at all, just kept trying to find me. anyway, a few minutes later, i took him out! i hadn't laughed that hard in quite a while...

what a nub...

so my poin tis, they do do damage to tanks.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6694|Germany
Every explosion does some damage to a tank,just not much.
But since every little bit of damage can be decisive - why not throw some nades at a tank?
vassili
+66|6521
I got kills doing that some times you see an smoking apc why not trow a nade it might just do it ?
and if I see I'm gonna die what do you think is smarter knife the apc use the pistol are trow and explosive its way??
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England

vassili wrote:

I got kills doing that some times you see an smoking apc why not trow a nade it might just do it ?
and if I see I'm gonna die what do you think is smarter knife the apc use the pistol are trow and explosive its way??
if i know i'm screwed, i'll try and knife a tank/apc, just for laughs.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6450|Cambridge, UK

Coolbeano wrote:

Er... sorry but I think your wrong.... they do little damage but not null!

Why dont you pop onto a local server, go support and try.... about 18 for tank or APC at US base on kark

Yes - If you own your own and you havnt seen the armor attacked and/or it isnt smoking dont do it....

However if your in a squad/large group backed into a corner being whored by a tank (but with no ATs about) then if everyone throws in (beter if you have a support about) then you can destroy them or more normally get them to run away so people can more, engineers can get mines out and any spec-ops get to a place they can get some C4 on it.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6450|Cambridge, UK

Coolbeano wrote:

....Go test it out yourself, i think at around 20 nades the first bar was split into two.
Er - did you go test  yourself? because I did and 20 nades kills both tank/apc  (18 in fact)
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6642|Ohio
you can take out an APC with the top gun on a tank tho, i did that the other day, the tank i was in brought it to smoking, so i started hammering the port where the barrel comes out because thats its weak point and i killled it. Woohoo 2 points instead of one!
Trooper_Collider
+25|6742
Throwing nades to an armored vehicle can help taking it down specially if already damaged, but firing at it with a small fire arm is completely useless, and yet a lot of dudes do it all the time. Of course, they only get killed. I would advice NOT TO SHOOT AN ARMORED VEHICLE WITH A RIFLE. Instead, try to hide or run AWAY of that tank/APC. Infantry personnel other than AT and Spec-Ops are no match for a tank/APC. Nevertheless, throwing nades may be useful.

Semper Fi!
00joe
+16|6645|UK
Only time I throw nades is when they're sitting next to a supply crate. Which is the situation 8/10 times.
Souljah
+42|6665
nah i chuck nades at it if a squad memeber is anti tank and shooting at it. it helps him kill it faster. or if im up high on a building like say the mosque in warlord, and a tank is trying to cap it, if im support ill just keep lobbing nades at him. eventually he'll either stay in his precious tank till it blows or drive away and waste time trying to kill me or just flat out run away and try to repair his tank.
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6722|Doncaster, England
If the tank hasn't got a gunner,
try hiding right next to the tank.

It's surprising how many people can't find you 
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6702
I throw nades at tank to get their attention so that a friendly can either AT it or C4 it it does help as Tanks will chase me around and forget to get him and bam they die
Flubbersucker
+0|6702|Arizona
Personaly dont think that grenades should do any damage to a tank In this game. Are you aware that the armor on the M1A1 is equivilant to 32" of solid steel? APCs I believe are around 6-20 depending on the model.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6450|Cambridge, UK

Flubbersucker wrote:

Personaly dont think that grenades should do any damage to a tank In this game. Are you aware that the armor on the M1A1 is equivilant to 32" of solid steel? APCs I believe are around 6-20 depending on the model.
I'll conceed that if, when it's destroyed, it doesnt respawn just a few seconds later (just thought maybe there should be a seperate number of vehicle tickets....)
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6531|Denmizzark!!
It will take 10-15 nades to the underbelly of a tank to blow it up..

Its just like killing choppers with the PKM, it can be done but not easily..

Last edited by sgt.sonner (2006-09-17 06:34:29)

bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6687|London, UK
https://i8.tinypic.com/25r2o7b.jpg

nades>tank

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard