Don't be that guy
+84|6310
Yes i have and it was fun
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6829|Grapevine, TX

Shem wrote:

I think my stats betray me.
classic man, classic. btw where the hell is Nuie?
David.P
Banned
+649|6273
On my old account yes. Right before i got reset i went on a p&k kark server tore it up with my saw. But no on my new account never have never will.
ReTox
+100|6498|State of RETOXification
Never.

If I did join one I'd start to RPK everyone in sight... there would probably be some tea-bagging as well.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6344|Twyford, UK
I use 'em from time to time, when I fancy a change from the run 'n gun standardness of BF2, or I'm going for a knife or pistol award.

Actually, I found a knife-only server ages ago. That was REALLY fun. I learned the basics of knife-fighting, how to revive on the move, and other useful things.
Much like the k/p servers taught me to use the pistol effectively, thus improving my game with AT. I can now win firefights with the pistol, if I get the drop on them.
Very useful since I refuse to use my rockets on infantry, and occasionally take to sniper spots.
LG-MindBullets
+10|6720|Kirkland, WA
Are you talking ranked or unranked servers?

I believe that knife and pistol servers along with all other stat padding servers are illegal according to EA rules for ranked servers. Since I usually only play ranked, I can't say that I've ever played a pistol and knife only server.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6677|Middle of nowhere
psh, i've been on 'em

just don't really stay on them for long

it's too hard to resist pulling out the PKM when everyone has pistols
weasel_thingo
+74|6326
i have been on one with another account.
heres a hint:
camp dead bodies (your team's or other team's) with your defib and sometimes the other person sees what you are doing and then bam, kidnap
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6421|California, US
i got my expert knife and pistol on normal BF2 servers
b.branscombe
+5|6200
Question related to the stat resetting by EA:

Can you get your stats reset if you're on one of these servers, but you play by EA's rules?  I think these servers are stupid and enjoy going on once in a while to mow people down with the support guns to piss them off.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6649|Washington DC

b.branscombe wrote:

Question related to the stat resetting by EA:

Can you get your stats reset if you're on one of these servers, but you play by EA's rules?  I think these servers are stupid and enjoy going on once in a while to mow people down with the support guns to piss them off.
If you don't want your stats reset, then I think it wise not to risk going on one at all.
Budzilla
+9|6192|Brisbane, Australia

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Echo wrote:

Never have and never will.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6638|Montreal, Qc, Canada

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Yes. In my early days, like the day after I bought BF2, I didn't know you could get banned for playing on them.

Then I met you guys and corrected my wrongs.
same
RECONDO67
+60|6635|miami FL
I have many times and on purpose

I had a friend who's profile as the most used weapon was a pistol
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6486|Melbourne

OrangeHound wrote:

I've never been on one ... not even accidentally.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6282|Pennsyltucky

OrangeHound wrote:

I've never been on one ... not even accidentally.
That's at least two of us.

I am so tempted, I've had no luck with the pistol lately & the only time I knife someone is if they suck more than me (which isn't often) 

Won't give into temptation though.  I've got about 400 hours in less than 4 months playing, don't want to start all over.
Mordoc_the_Gorilla
Banned

cowami wrote:

I, sadly, have been on one. Nothing happened, though, the other side was using normal guns and I quit. I have no KP best round, as such.
....if they have normal guns how is it a pistol/knives server?....anyway. i havent been on one and when ive seen them ive never given them a second glance. they are retarded and a waste of time. i was on one where the admins tried to make everyone use knives but no one listened....
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6322|Orrstrayleea
Of course i have.....on my second account, then i just typed to the other team, "im on your side, im just going on a massive TKing rampage, dont kill me" LOL! i love them because most of em have no admins
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6594|Las Vegas, NV USA
:sigh:

I've been on two of them, but they were legitimate servers at first...  Well, sort of...

Originally they started as 20-player servers on 64-player maps (the reason for the sort of:  i.e. High points servers).  However, in both instances, the players dropped to about 10 people, and then all of the sudden, the game was "paused by the admin."

Then the admin goes on in this lengthy set of instructions of what bases are okay to take and what not, and that only knives and pistols can be used.

I'd already had my expert badges by that point, but I figured... Why not?

Well here's why nots:

1.  I didn't want to tack on any more Worst Enemies.  Especially ones that K&P'd me.

2.  The game was paused so many times to warn new players (because the server wasn't originally named as a K&P server), that it really got annoying.

All that said, it was kinda fun running around using handguns, but I'd rather do it on an unranked server if I'm that interested in ever doing it again.

But then again, if I'm gonna go on unranked servers, it's gonna be my new fun game to play:  Project Reality. 
Capt.Grundle
+0|6177
all the time... its fun
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6289|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Capt.Grundle wrote:

all the time... its fun
Congratulations.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6829|Denver colorado
I havent ever
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6723|Doncaster, England

LG-MindBullets wrote:

Are you talking ranked or unranked servers?

I believe that knife and pistol servers along with all other stat padding servers are illegal according to EA rules for ranked servers. Since I usually only play ranked, I can't say that I've ever played a pistol and knife only server.
Are you a lawyer or a politician

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard