elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6465|USA
I play choppers and jets. Should I get the game? I've heard the choppers suck balls, but maybe if they have some potential... Well tell me... Do they?
Thanks
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6718|67.222.138.85
No
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6754|Backward Ass Kansas
Get demo, play, then decide no.
Pw.Sultan
+15|6490|NC
no
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6720|England. Stoke

elite.mafia wrote:

I play choppers and jets. Should I get the game? I've heard the choppers suck balls, but maybe if they have some potential... Well tell me... Do they?
Thanks
I wasn't gonna get 2142, but eventually caved in when my mates/clanmates got it.  If you are only interested in the chopper/jets from BF2 then 2142 is defiantly not for you, it is more infantry and ground vehicle based imo.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6536|dunno
No The tv missile is so fast you can barley control it and it only takes away half damage away from tanks. The pilot's missiles suck they have no splash damage at all. The thing is just useless after flying bf2 helis for a long time you will see what I'm talking about.

Wait for the good games to come out.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6721|Sweden

coke wrote:

elite.mafia wrote:

Thanks
I wasn't gonna get 2142, but eventually caved in when my mates/clanmates got it.  If you are only interested in the chopper/jets from BF2 then 2142 is defiantly not for you, it is more infantry and ground vehicle based imo.
What he said if flying is your thing 2142 aint gonna help you.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6777|UK
Its cheap as hell. Might aswell buy for the hours it will give you.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6574|British Columbia, Canada
No..

waste of money..

BF2 is way better.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
Yes buy it.

The choppers aren't too good in the current patch but they will be made better next one. It is a fun game especially if you are getting weary of BF2.
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6450|somewhere other then here
its a fun game once your general its just like "GAME OVER!" pops up on the screen
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6662|United States
Don't get bf2142 you will get bored once you reach to general
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6841|Denver colorado

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

No

LT.Victim wrote:

No..

waste of money..

BF2 is way better.
ZCaliber
+12|6522|Between Canada and Iowa
I call in a vote to get it.

To me, it seems there's more balance. A few people aren't going to own at the drop of the hat simply because of the vehicle they happen to get. You will very seldomly see anyone TK for a vehicle in 2142.

Despite what people say about the aircraft, they are quite powerful, but they have a ton of things going against them so they can never REALLY dominate. (By the way, the TV guided missiles are a LOT faster than the Remote guided missiles.)

I have no regrets getting it, even if it IS an EA game. Just remember it isn't BF2... When I first played it I hated it, because I was so deeply rooted in BF2, but it eventually grew on me and now I find it quite superior.

So give it a fair run, Sidi Power Plant is nice, but you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of the 'city' maps I'm betting. (Camp Gibraltar is the Karkand of 2142. Belgrade, I think, takes second.) The squad improvements (and subsequent field upgrades) are extremely well done as well.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6650|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

EDIT: that was in caps

Last edited by Andoura (2007-04-23 20:43:35)

Commando
+8|6612
If you just want to pilot, then no way

If you want to play an overal more balanced game, then yes
jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

Commando wrote:

QFE

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-04-23 21:20:23)

jmc514
+4|6474|Boston, MA

Commando wrote:

Exactly! No one thing really dominates in BF2142 other than MGs and 'nades on the titans. I found it more enjoyable because of this, (I don't play titan) but if you just want to fly it's not worth getting.

I was OK in the chopper in BF2 but the gunships in 2142 are completely different. Less powerful, but much easier to fly. Of course, if you really know what you're doing a BF2 chopper absolutely destroys a 2142 gunship.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6588|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Well choper aint that bad in 2142 but its wayyyyy different in term of flying than in bf2....once you get used to them its pretty nice.

Also as some 1 said a little before...at first you might dislike 2142 but once your bf2 root start to errrr "Fade" and you get used to the game play of 2142 and such its pretty funny.

Some people say that after you get the last rank (Not talking about supremme commander btw) it become boring...for myself i dont know yet,havent reached it so..

But well im telling you. Tired of bf2? Get 2142...youlll have fun for a while.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6748

I find the level of constructed criticism towards this game, laughable at least.

Should you get Battlefield 2142? That all depends on what you expect of it.
If you are into flying the Battlefield 2 jets and choppers, you will be in for a suprise since the BF2142 jets require a different style of flying.

I have almost 400 hours clocked in 2142, I am a Brig. General, but I keep going for all awards, and to have fun in general.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6606|Toronto-Canada
dont get because it sucks!
chopper/jet are the same they call them gunship or something like that, nothing compare to bf2
String3R
+15|6241
I stopped playing bf2 when it came out, played it for ages really liked it but then i played bf2 again which i definatly prefer, i then ordered SF for bf2 but for free delivery i had to spend 59p more so instead of paying sumthing like £3 for P&P i got NS for bf2142, just sorted my PB prob with is so im nt sure yet, like previously said try the demo first!
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6841|Denver colorado
https://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2121/untitled1wq3.jpg

2142 fans sure are smart.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6450|Brisbane, Australia

lxcpikiman wrote:

dont get because it sucks!
chopper/jet are the same they call them gunship or something like that, nothing compare to bf2
lol, if you are serious - it is so obvious you haven't seen more of 2142 than the front of the box.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6399|New York
I like, i think it's fun. Different than BF2 for sure, but different in a good way.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard