Ryan
+1,230|6814|Alberta, Canada

I came across this debate on the BBC Website and thought it would be a good thing to post here.

There are many people on this forum from countries other than the USA, so what do you think is behind anti-American feelings in certain regions, such as Europe, or the Middle East?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK
This bitch captures what most people think,

Most people bear no animosity towards the Americans and care little what they do on their own soil. They do, however, bitterly resent the ultra-violent foreign policy of the US government. With its love for wars of aggression, the principal exports of the US are suffering, death and destruction. And of course its blind support to Israel in the enslavement of the Palestinian people is monstrous and unforgiveable.

Annie McStravick, Paris
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command

m3thod wrote:

Most people bear no animosity towards the Americans and care little what they do on their own soil. They do, however, bitterly resent the ultra-violent foreign policy of the US government. With its love for wars of aggression, the principal exports of the US are suffering, death and destruction. And of course its blind support to Israel in the enslavement of the Palestinian people is monstrous and unforgiveable.

Annie McStravick, Paris
Would you like a tissue? Your frothing at the mouth and the drool is splattering everywhere.

Do you have any idea how much food, medicine and goods and services the United States exports every year?

https://www.agr.gc.ca/mad-dam/img/bi/v19n04-3_e.gif

https://www.ers.usda.gov/Briefing/rice/Gallery/gallery2005/MajorRiceExporting.gif

Last edited by ATG (2007-04-22 10:24:43)

sgtdude1987
+8|6188|midlands britain
well i cant say for everyone but me and a few of my friends feel that America, bieng THE superpower next to China has responsibilities. such as trying to lower carbon emissions, actually listening to the UN ect and it seems that Bush just doesnt care.

America can do and does anything it wants. in britain i think that maybe the unwillingness of our own government to stand up to America spreads anti-am feeling?
m3thod
+2,197|6642|UK

ATG wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Annie McStravick, Paris
Would you like a tissue? Your frothing at the mouth and the drool is splattering everywhere.

Do you have any idea how much food, medicine and goods and services the United States exports every year?
Get over yourself.  I couldn't care less about you and your beloved people.

keep your fucking medicine and your godforsaken bombs within your own borders and shove your foreign policy.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
I think many people, in this country, dislike the war in Iraq, and Blairs dicksucking behaviour towards Bush. true or false, nontheless, it gives America a bad image over here. Many also dislike the way America often takes no regard of important movements, Kyoto etc, and Global Warming is a pretty "hot" topic over here atm. No pune intended
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6538|NYC / Hamburg

From a German perspective (I usually live in Germany with my parents when I'm not at university in Switzerland):
Germans see America as a very democratic country that treats everyone in the country equally. It is also viewed as a partially Jewish country. Furthermore America has a thriving economy and is based on core libertarian values with low social security.

Germans hate all that.
They are not democratic; they always want a powerful leader to tell them whats right (e.g. when the 2 major parties formed a coalition everyone was happy that now things could change for the better without the annoying problem of the parliament slowing the government down).
Germans don't believe in equality and think deep down that they are the superior race. There is still lots of antisemitism here.
Germany has a protected economy and view America as a huge evil cooperation that wants to take over the world.

sure there are exceptions but the general public thinks that way
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6641|Everett, WA, US

m3thod wrote:

ATG wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Annie McStravick, Paris

keep your fucking medicine and your godforsaken bombs within your own borders and shove your foreign policy.
There is nothing wrong with killing people.  You should try it sometime.  However, you wouldn't get a gun because that's illegal.

max wrote:

Germans don't believe in equality and think deep down that they are the superior race. There is still lots of antisemitism here.
Seriously?  I thought that was beat out of them 50 years ago.

max wrote:

Germany has a protected economy and view America as a huge evil cooperation that wants to take over the world.
Well that's true.  Watch your back.

Last edited by NemeSiS-Factor (2007-04-22 10:31:22)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

m3thod wrote:

ATG wrote:

There is nothing wrong with killing people.  You should try it sometime.  However, you wouldn't get a gun because that's illegal.
It's not illegal to own a gun in UK mate, check your facts. Just fucking hard to get one, and get past all the checks. Ive a uncle living in Northen Ireland. He's got two shotguns, 8 and 12, and a .22 Target rifle. Took him years to get approved. Theres 2 gun shops within a 20 mile radius from me, that i know about.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6641|Everett, WA, US
Why don't cops get guns then?  Or am I just way out there?
ATG
Banned

m3thod wrote:

ATG wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Annie McStravick, Paris

I'm glad that you've straightened that out for us.
Any more hateful blatherings you'd care to indulge us in? Because this is fun, and I was about to sign off.
TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6345|Florida, USA
Jealousy and throwing all the blame on the bigger country when that country has worse problems themselves.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

The cops in the UK do have guns, we do have armed response units, but they are pretty much always a last resort. The public in the UK is very anti-guns, so it would not look good to have your average bobby walkin down the road with a Glock/MP5. If you ever fly to the UK, into a major terminal, Heathrow, Manchester etc, you will see Armed Police Units, often carrying a MP5 variant, with sidearm.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
m3thod
+2,197|6642|UK

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

Really?  I suppose you rejoiced when 3000 people were p00ned on 9/11?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6538|NYC / Hamburg

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

max wrote:

Seriously?  I thought that was beat out of them 50 years ago.
seriously. If you ask someone openly about it they will obviously deny it, but in their hearts Germans think they are superior

max wrote:

Well that's true.  Watch your back.
I know. Thank god I'm finally a swiss citizen.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6615
i thought Ameicas biggest exports were Mickey Mouse, Coca Cola and Bart Simpson
UGADawgs
+13|6292|South Carolina, US

fatherted13 wrote:

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

The cops in the UK do have guns, we do have armed response units, but they are pretty much always a last resort. The public in the UK is very anti-guns, so it would not look good to have your average bobby walkin down the road with a Glock/MP5. If you ever fly to the UK, into a major terminal, Heathrow, Manchester etc, you will see Armed Police Units, often carrying a MP5 variant, with sidearm.
I don't know about having armed SWAT units doing regular patrol, but I would definitely want all police officers to have some kind of armament. I wouldn't feel very secure if the local policeman was only packing a nightstick.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

The old continental powers are still far from forgiving us for supplanting them in the strategic arena. The primary goal has been to prove that the United States is as cruel and corrupt as they themselves have been. When your heritage is genocide, wars of aggression, or cowardly surrender the record of the United States can be pretty hard to bear. The old powers cannot avoid measuring themselves against us, but the disparities they discover are so great that Europe's Moral delinquents can not help but comfort themselves with lies about our clumsiness, our violence, and our crudity. Perhaps they should stop and ask themselves how could such a pathetic mediocrities built the richest, most powerful exemplary society in history.

From the last time we went over this.

Of course my opinion listed above is only part of the reason.

Method as far as the Palestinians, maybe you should stop and consider who designed the borders in that area to start with.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

UGADawgs wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

I don't know about having armed SWAT units doing regular patrol, but I would definitely want all police officers to have some kind of armament. I wouldn't feel very secure if the local policeman was only packing a nightstick.
You don't often hear of officers involved in instances where firearms are required then and there in the UK. There have been some high profile incidents however, the shooting of Sharon Beschinvsky (possibly wrong spelling), the stabbing of DCI Stephen Oak (his son happens to be a good friend of mine, it was surreal when i found out, used to play football with the guy), that have sometimes raised the question, should our Police be better armed. However, the governments opinion is that A)unarmed police are far less provocative to the public, B)The current firearms situati9on in this country does not warrant 24/7 armed cops, and C)situations do not often escalate to the point where lethal/capacatory force is needed. I for one am against armed police. It would be interesting to see what Americas gun crime rate would be, if the normal police force were never armed, and the firearms for all law didnt exist. No disrespect to America, just my view
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
ATG
Banned

Kmarion wrote:

The old continental powers are still far from forgiving us for supplanting them in the strategic arena. The primary goal has been to prove that the United States is as cruel and corrupt as they themselves have been. When your heritage is genocide, wars of aggression, or cowardly surrender the record of the United States can be pretty hard to bear. The old powers cannot avoid measuring themselves against us, but the disparities they discover are so great that Europe's Moral delinquents can not help but comfort themselves with lies about our clumsiness, our violence, and our crudity. Perhaps they should stop and ask themselves how could such a pathetic mediocrities built the richest, most powerful exemplary society in history.

From the last time we went over this.

Of course my opinion listed above is only part of the reason.

Method as far as the Palestinians, maybe you should stop and consider who designed the borders in that area to start with.
90% of bf2s.com posters will likely have the above point lost to them. Thank you.
san4
The Mas
+311|6659|NYC, a place to live
I've always believed that the source of anti-American feelings is the influence of American culture on other cultures. Compared to most societies, the US has greater economic freedom, more equal rights for women, greater sexual freedom and greater religious freedom. The huge U.S. entertainment industry puts these values on display for people around the world in movies and TV shows. When Jill Carroll was kidnapped in Iraq, she watched Oprah with her captor's family. France frequently complains about "Le McDonalds" undermining French cuisine. There is tons of American pop music in Iran. The values expressed in U.S. entertainment, and its extraordinary penetration into all countries, makes every culture in the world feel threatened, especially traditional ones like Islamic cultures.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

I thought a certain Mr.Poe made a rather good post that explained exactly why America is disliked in most of the world?
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6693|Eastern PA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Don't forget titty ficks.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

ghettoperson wrote:

I thought a certain Mr.Poe made a rather good post that explained exactly why America is disliked in most of the world?
We go over this almost every month. I'll let it ride for now though.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=60529
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=64040&p=1
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Masques wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Don't forget titty ficks.
Infact when you put it that way, it's amazing the world hasn't forgiven you for your comparatively minor transgression's, really.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard