topal63
. . .
+533|6726

WinterWayfarer wrote:

topal63 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

There is oxygen in the Earth's atmosphere.
Another way of seeing the WRONGness of this statement is this way.

The oxygen is NOT in the Earth's atmosphere; the atomic element oxygen is in; where everything else we know is in. Space or rather Space-time. The Earth is in spacetime. The oxygen is in spacetime. You are in spacetime.

The atomic element oxygen is not in the atmosphere, rather it is in spacetime.

The atmosphere is a label for a collection of gases, water-vapor, etc, as elements gravitationally attracted to the mass of the Earth of which both: the Earth's atmosphere and the Earth exist in spacetime.

laetrile wrote:

Prove this wrong:

+1C = +1C, where C refers to Celsius. Assuming that decimal digits are all exactly the same, 0 > to any figure you see fit.
Since this is a measurement and that is what your referring to: a measurement of temperature... it should be clear to you that all measurements are temporary and fleeting moments in time.

1 might = 1, inside your brain, but subjective reality cannot be demonstrated to be real; or reality. So you have to set aside mental analytic constructs that exist only in-mind to examine the reality of this statement.

Does 1 ever equal 1 in reality, and what does it even mean if I measure 1 of anything. In reality the measurement itself is subject to error. It might be 1.00001 or 0.999997 or some other number of measure the moment you take the reading so,

+1C might actually be = +1.00001C or +0.999997C or +1.00000000000075 or some other value.

And if you repeat the measurements just moments later it might be this,

+1C might actually be = +0.9979998C or +1.00000097C or +1.000000104535 or some other value.

And not at any time were we able to establish that +1C was exactly +1C, or what the actual exact value was. And measuring any exact value in reality is basically impossible.

The construct ---> this = this, exist only in your mind, in reference to analytic things (like a math equality).

In reality the measure is approximate or: ≈.  ...  Thus +1C DOES NOT EXACTLY = +1C

In reality it is incorrect to say what you've stated, it is correct to state it this way,
+1C ≈ +1C.
No no no no no. There is oxygen in the Earth's atmosphere and you know it.

+1C = +1C.  +1C does not equal +1.000000001C (<-- EXACTLY! Yet you continue to misunderstand +1C is not known exactly, you don't know what the tempurature is exactly when you measure it)

In saying that "this = this exists in only your mind", you are quite right, because everything exists within our thoughts, but there are rules to math, and one of these rules is called the Reflexive Postulate, in which any number is equal to itself. In symbols: a = a. Therefore, +1C = +1C.
I have already illustrated the error in thinking for you, why do you persist in denying the obvious (at least obvious to some people)?  ...  I was having fun with the Kantian thing in-itself problem (and errors of thought associated with it). Together with the problem people don't understand about subjective creations of mind vs the reality external of in-mind subjective creations.

MakeAnAttemptToUnderstandTheProblem wrote:

... first off everything - you know of - exists IN spacetime. The atmosphere is not some kind of container you can put things IN. Or that has any reality to it - that it (something) can be IN the atmosphere. You might not like language because it isn't precise, but that is too bad for you.

"Atmosphere" is a label for something not a thing in-itself, it IS a collection of gases that are gravitationally attracted to the mass of the Earth. Team is a label for people working together - there is no reality to the concept of team external of the members. There is no reality to the concept of "atmosphere" external of its members (the gases that make it up). As I already said "atmosphere" is a label (for a collection, not a real thing it-self, nor is it a container things are in - it is a label).

+1C exist only in your mind, you cannot demonstrate the reality of an exact measurement - ever.
It is always an approximate value and never an exact measure. And it stands as was already stated.

+1C = +1C, exists only in-mind, as a subjective thought, as an analytic construct,
The TRUTH in reality is (that the measure is not exact):
+1C ≈ +1C (is not exact, it is an inexact approximation).

You cannot measure +1C exact. And reality is not what you think it is. It is not dependent upon you, you are dependent upon it.
... in reality, you can't PROVE that +1C when measured is anything other than an inexact answer. It can be precise to a certain decimal place, but not a representation of the exact value. And if you can't PROVE that it is +1C you can't say that it is, or assume that it is. This is basic philosophy:101.

Atmosphere is a label (for a collection of other things), like team is a label, they aren't actually a real tangible thing. The members that make up a collection they are something (oxygen, water vapor; or in the team instance: the individual people) - the label is not. This also is basic philosophy:101.

And a more correct way to express the ("atmosphere" label + member statement) could be: oxygen can be a member of the collection known by the label "atmosphere" that indicates primarily gases (& water vapor); gravitationally attracted to the Earth, that are above the surface of the Earth.

Anyways if you can't see/understand what someone else is saying, that there is almost always another perspective to see something from, and from that perspective it could be viewed as wrong - you probably aren't going to have any fun with this thread - or understand it. ... Cheers mate!

Note to the DU: "Yes, I love that thread at least as much as NooBesT does." Uh, my fine Finnish friend you need to revise this to: "Yes, I love that thread at least as much as NooBesT does - and topal likes it too!"

Last edited by topal63 (2007-04-26 22:25:36)

WinterWayfarer
Combat Medic
+21|6260|Spacetime
Lolz I love reading this. Rofl. XD

We are based on assumptions, so no proof is logical.

Don't try to reply to this thing but,

There really is oxygen in the Earth's atmosphere.

Anyways, you're incorrect in saying that +1C is approximately equal to +1C, because +1C = +1C. That's our way of thinking. Yours may differ. XD
topal63
. . .
+533|6726

WinterWayfarer wrote:

Lolz I love reading this. Rofl. XD
(1.) We are based on assumptions, so no proof is logical.
Don't try to reply to this thing but,
There really is oxygen in the Earth's atmosphere.
(2.) Anyways, you're incorrect in saying that +1C is approximately equal to +1C, because +1C = +1C. That's our way of thinking. Yours may differ. XD
Lolz - right back at ya! You have no I idea - what I am talking about... this is rather amazing!

(1.) No, we are not based upon an assumption, and the point of a proof is that it is logical - irregardless that as a formal system it will be incomplete.

(2.)
If you think you can prove that the standard that Celsius is agreed upon, is not accurate to a certain precision, or rather that it is absolutely perfect to any nth digit, give it a try.
If you think you can prove a measuring device - is perfect - and yields perfect results give it a try.
If you think Labels are real things, and not just labels for something else, prove it.
Prove there is a an external entity called atmosphere and that isn't really a label for a set of something else.
Prove there is a team entity, external of the individual people that make it up that collection.

All measurements of temperature in reality of +1C, or +1.5C, or +20C, or -1.675C, are inexact, they are  approximate values. They are only precise to a certain decimal place. Mathematics applied to reality - yields imperfect results. What is so hard to understand about the truth of that statement?

Celsius:
The effect of defining the Celsius scale at the triple point of VSMOW water (273.16 kelvins and 0.01 °C), and at absolute zero (zero kelvins and −273.15 °C), is that both the melting and boiling points of water under one standard atmosphere (1013.25 mbar) are no longer the defining points for the Celsius scale. In 1948 when the 9th General Conference on Weights and Measures (CGPM) in Resolution 3 first considered using the triple point of water as a defining point, the triple point was so close to being 0.01 °C greater than water’s known melting point, it was simply defined as precisely 0.01 °C. However, current measurements show that the triple and melting points of VSMOW water are actually slightly (<0.001 °C) greater than 0.01 °C apart. Thus, the actual melting point of ice is very slightly (less than a thousandth of a degree) below 0 °C. Also, defining water’s triple point at 273.16 K precisely defined the magnitude of each 1 °C increment in terms of the absolute thermodynamic temperature scale (referencing absolute zero). Now decoupled from the actual boiling point of water, the value “100 °C” is hotter than 0 °C — in near absolute terms — by a factor of 373.15/273.15 (approximately 36.61% thermodynamically hotter). When adhering strictly to the two-point definition for calibration, the boiling point of VSMOW water under one standard atmosphere of pressure is actually 373.1339 K (99.9839 °C). When calibrated to ITS-90 (a calibration standard comprising many definition points and commonly used for high-precision instrumentation), the boiling point of VSMOW water is slightly less, about 99.974 °C.[11]

This boiling–point difference of 16.1 millikelvins (thousandths of a degree Celsius) between the Celsius scale’s original definition and the current one (based on absolute zero and the triple point) has little practical meaning in real life because water’s boiling point is extremely sensitive to variations in barometric pressure. For example, an altitude change of only 28 cm (11 inches) causes water’s boiling point to change by one millikelvin.
In reality it is incorrect to say what you've stated, it is correct to state it this way,
+1C ≈ +1C.

WinterWayfarer wrote:

No no no no no.  +1C = +1C.

+1C does not equal +1.000000001C
Yes - oh yes - it very well could - it is dependent upon the scientific agreement as to what the standard is, it is dependent upon the calibration of instruments used, as a measurement system it is utterly dependent upon reality & fallible human-beings.

Read this:
Anyways if you can't see/understand what someone else is saying, that there is almost always another perspective to see something from, and from that perspective it could be viewed as wrong (or not exactly true - meaning perfect certainty is not warranted) - you probably aren't going to have any fun with this thread - or understand it.

Just have some fun - exploring ideas... :)

Here is a tip! You try it! Try looking at something someone stated and see if there is another way of seeing the statement or problem.

Last edited by topal63 (2007-04-26 22:27:57)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

ShawN_ wrote:

Dark energy exists....
Energy=Matter (E=mc2), so dark matter would exist. No. Only matter and anti-matter.

Slickdawg8 wrote:

My BF2s Forums profile name on these BF2s forums is "Slickdawg8" (without the quotes), and this reply is made under the Profile name "Slickdawg8" (without the quotes)
AND one of the things that are in my signature is the userbar that flashes "TAW_SLICKDAWG" and "I PWN" (both without the quotes)
Your profile name is http://forums.bf2s.com/profile.php?id=4118, you didn't talk about your username or nick. Your signature contains an userbar, and you write an userbar every time you write your signature, not possible.

KrisPOLANDnorwida wrote:

Your mom is female.
with "your" you are referring to "DeathUnlimited". DU is a nick only and has no mother.

ATG wrote:

Red Brass is a copper alloy thats content is 85% copper, 5% zinc, 5% tin and %5 lead.
Muhhahahah.
ORLY?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunmetal
http://www.suppliersonline.com/property … 0.asp#Spec
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
DUnlimited
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

IMPORTANT, READ THE UPDATED RULES BEFORE POSTING: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=64331&p=1
topal63
. . .
+533|6726

DeathUnlimited wrote:

IMPORTANT, READ THE UPDATED RULES BEFORE POSTING: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=64331&p=1
Note to the DU: "Yes, I love that thread at least as much as NooBesT does." Uh, my fine Finnish friend you need to revise this to: "Yes, I love that thread at least as much as NooBesT does - and topal likes it too!"
Thanks bud!
Warlord
Divine Ruler
+37|6389|Afghanistan
How about ... ?

\sum_{n=3}^\infty \frac{x^n}{n!}

~ W
DUnlimited
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

Warlord wrote:

How about ... ?

~ W
there ain't anything to count.
Warlord
Divine Ruler
+37|6389|Afghanistan

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Warlord wrote:

How about ... ?

~ W
Here you go ...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/math/6/2/d/62d0b7360a3f1a42a0bde3e88cd3b426.png
topal63
. . .
+533|6726
Disprove this:

I think that ...

This "Pathfinder" film (1987): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093668/

... is a better movie than

.. this "Pathfinder" film (2007): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446013/
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6604

topal63 wrote:

Disprove this:

I think that ...

Not possible (to disprove it). 

Last edited by MorbiD.ShoT (2007-04-14 16:10:59)

Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6713|Alaska
Clear Ice on Air crafts are the most dangerous type of ice and is hard to remove

Last edited by Dsp-CS- (2007-04-14 16:11:29)

DUnlimited
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

topal63 wrote:

Disprove this:

I think that ...

k. The first one is "ofelas", not "Pathfinder".
DUnlimited
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

Dsp-CS- wrote:

Clear Ice on Air crafts are the most dangerous type of ice and is hard to remove
the most dangerous ice is frozen nitrogen as it will melt and freeze anything. No ice is hard to remove, just heat it
DUnlimited
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

Warlord wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Warlord wrote:

How about ... ?

~ W
Here you go ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/6/2/d/ … d3b426.png
yes, that's the schema, but nothing to count...
Warlord
Divine Ruler
+37|6389|Afghanistan

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Warlord wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Here you go ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/6/2/d/ … d3b426.png
I don't want you to count it ... I want you to tell me what's wrong with it. lol ...

~ W
DUnlimited
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

Warlord wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I don't want you to count it ... I want you to tell me what's wrong with it. lol ...

~ W
K, the thing that is wrong in it is that it can't be counted
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6476

I'm banned from #bf2s IRC channel.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Entertayner
+826|6578

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

It's not wrong :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:   :cry: :cry:
DUnlimited
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

We'll see about that
Warlord
Divine Ruler
+37|6389|Afghanistan

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Warlord wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

~ W
K, the thing that is wrong in it is that it can't be counted
I'm not sure you proved it, although I have no idea how to make sense of the 'schema'. I trust you must know what you are talking about, or you're a erinomainen Finnish valehtelija! (did I get that right?) ... lol

~ W

Last edited by Warlord (2007-04-14 17:08:32)

Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6713|Alaska

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Dsp-CS- wrote:

the most dangerous ice is frozen nitrogen as it will melt and freeze anything. No ice is hard to remove, just heat it
yea but my statement was referring to Aircrafts while in normal flight.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6331|New Haven, CT

topal63 wrote:

The oxygen is NOT in the Earth's atmosphere; the atomic element oxygen is in; where everything else we know is in. Space or rather Space-time. The Earth is in spacetime. The oxygen is in spacetime. You are in spacetime.

The atmosphere is a label for a collection of gases, water-vapor, etc, as elements gravitationally attracted to the mass of the Earth of which both: the Earth's atmosphere and the Earth exist in spacetime.
Great. I like how you launched into something completely irrelevant to proving my point wrong. Even though the oxygen gas is in space time, it also is contained within what is labeled as the atmosphere. There is nothing that you have said that proves the statement wrong.

@n00best. You complained about me breaking the rules. I don't see how, and no other explanation would serve unless you realized you can't prove it wrong.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6476

nukchebi0 wrote:

topal63 wrote:

Great. I like how you launched into something completely irrelevant to proving my point wrong. Even though the oxygen gas is in space time, it also is contained within what is labeled as the atmosphere. There is nothing that you have said that proves the statement wrong.

@n00best. You complained about me breaking the rules. I don't see how, and no other explanation would serve unless you realized you can't prove it wrong.
@nukchebi0. I proved your first statement wrong. Read the rules. They are now posted. And now you are breaking one of them again. Don't bring that shit here.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
DUnlimited
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

Warlord wrote:

I'm not sure you proved it, although I have no idea how to make sense of the 'schema'. I trust you must know what you are talking about, or you're a erinomainen Finnish valehtelija! (did I get that right?) ... lol

~ W

Dsp-CS- wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Dsp-CS- wrote:

yea but my statement was referring to Aircrafts while in normal flight.
The original statement doesn't include that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard