Volatile
+252|6721|Sextupling in Empire

Is there any way of removing or muting the heart beating sound that is heard when you die? This annoys the living shit out of me.

Let's get this out of the way:

"LOLz, dont die! Har har har."
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6687|Everett, WA, US
If you edit the game files, punkbuster will pick it up I believe.  I suppose you could find an invulnerability hack though.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful about it.  I don't really know what would happen if you replaced an mp3 or wav or whatever format they use for SFX.

I have never heard of that bothering anyone before.

Last edited by NemeSiS-Factor (2007-02-22 15:51:52)

MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6613

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

If you edit the game files, punkbuster will pick it up I believe.  I suppose you could find an invulnerability hack though.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful about it.  I don't really know what would happen if you replaced an mp3 or wav or whatever format they use for SFX.

I have never heard of that bothering anyone before.
Don't mess with the sound files.  You won't be able to connect to any servers for "Changed files" or something.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6724|67.222.138.85
It will definitely mess up your game. The only thing I can say is turn off in-game sound and turn up your own music.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6429|Michigan, USA

Reminds me of the Tell-Tale Heart by Poe: the killer can't stand the beating he hears in his head of the heart belonging to the man he murdered...

if you haven't heard of this: Wikipedia on Tell-Tale Heart
Ryan
+1,230|6860|Alberta, Canada

LOLz, dont die! Har har har.
Volatile
+252|6721|Sextupling in Empire

I figured there wasn't a fix, but thought I would ask just in case someone knew something.

Guess I'll just have to become unstoppable.
kachunkachunk
+8|6406|Ontario
Is anyone completely sure about the game kicking for modified content on sound assets? Generally other games like Counter-Strike Source allow replacement of models and sounds without interfering with anti-cheat software.

I know, different games and all, but has anyone actually tried?

What I'd do is edit the heartbeat file to have zero volume and save it with the exact same bitrate and frequency settings as the original. Probably still won't be 100% the same file to PunkBuster, but it's worth a shot. Worst case is that you get booted and you can revert back to the original.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6594|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Well actually you could prolly just edit the sound in the file as kachunkachunk said...cant tell you at 100% that PB wont be freaking out about it...but as it should still be the same file with the same size and same extension...he should not make any problem with it...PB does not listen to all audio file..he just see if they are there and match (extension + size) the standard....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard