DaBombadier
+8|6425|Sooooo coooold....Canada....
Hey everyone! I was playing in singleplayer mode to get my skills up with the attack chopper in BF2, yes that's right BF2 when I noticed and enemy soldier crouched down on top of one of my land mines with a wrench....and it disappeared! So I wanted to share this with everyone...

To defuse AT mines simply walk up to a landmine with your wrench and start repairing it...once the repair bar is full the AT mine will be added to your current stockpile of AT mines unless you already have the max amount (which is 5).

This is something i never really noticed (never played engi dat much), so don't go pissing about it.

*You do not get points for this because if you did you would easily statspad by dropping a mine and defusing it again....lol

Last edited by DaBombadier (2007-02-01 20:06:42)

Storgie
how about this thread for whiners
+15|6593|federal way washington
sadly enough you get no score for demining, sucks
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6673

...i'm confused.... since when was this news?
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6769|the middle of nowhere

mtb0minime wrote:

...i'm confused.... since when was this news?
When Bf2 came out.
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6678|Canada Eh?
I've know this shit since the BF2 demo.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6581|British Columbia, Canada
You can do it with claymores too.. just make sure you approach from the side of the back.. or else you could get a nasty surprise.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6648|Washington, DC

This has been known since BF1942. A noble, good-hearted effort, but nonetheless not meaningful as it's been known for a while. Sorry dude.
FlamingPhenix
I'm in ya base, drinking ya booze
+44|6574|Behind you, with a knife
I guess you got BF2 a week ago don't you?
misfire00
Lead Magnet
+26|6799|Charleston SC - USA
I'm afraid to reply. Thomas Morgan or some other mod might come along and close the thread.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6363|Twyford, UK
It's a great way to earn brownie points with your local tank drivers, when combined with driving up alongside them in a buggy, or repairing them continuously in a tank battle.

Another neat trick is to pull up enemy mines and then instantly replace them. Engineers are often tank drivers, so he'll trundle past later thinking 'Oh, that one's mine.' Blam, free points.

You can also be a pain in the ass and impersonate spec-ops types by sneaking in and mining vehicles, or the exit to the enemy uncap. Hangars are especially good for that.
[RaWr]-Impsux
Have Guns, Will Travel.
+28|6575

misfire00 wrote:

I'm afraid to reply. Thomas Morgan or some other mod might come along and close the thread.
You replied saying you were afraid to reply. Wierd.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6793|Noizyland

This is OLD news, the fact that there hasn't been a thread on it is because everyone already knew about it when the game came out. 'A' for effort and helpful attitude though.

You can defuse Claymores too, if you find yourself as an engineer in front of one and it hasn't gone off, (and if you're close enough,) wrench it and surprise the Sniper who planted it.

misfire00 wrote:

I didn't know TMo was a Mod.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
m4s3rchi3f
+122|6313
Thanks for the news, though most of us knew it. We need more encouragement in forums.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6599|Melbourne, Australia.
Welcome to 2005.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6765|The United Center

misfire00 wrote:

Best quote ever.
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6505
ZOMG! This would be a perfect opportunity for the ORLY?! owl! So hard to resist!!
=LuxWraith=
+3|6516
well it's the first time that i hear an engineer being able to defuse claymores ... i suppose that unfortunately he will not be able to turn them around and boobytrap the sniper with his ex-clays. or are they added to the engi's inventory as well?

to be tested carefully ...
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6761|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
hey try defusing claymores ive done two , extrememly hard thing too do
psH
Banned
+217|6402|Sydney

DaBombadier wrote:

Hey everyone! I was playing in singleplayer mode to get my skills up with the attack chopper in BF2, yes that's right BF2 when I noticed and enemy soldier crouched down on top of one of my land mines with a wrench....and it disappeared! So I wanted to share this with everyone...

To defuse AT mines simply walk up to a landmine with your wrench and start repairing it...once the repair bar is full the AT mine will be added to your current stockpile of AT mines unless you already have the max amount (which is 5).

This is something i never really noticed (never played engi dat much), so don't go pissing about it.

*You do not get points for this because if you did you would easily statspad by dropping a mine and defusing it again....lol
Hi welcome to the forums!

Last edited by Doms (2007-02-02 01:10:05)

AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6481|A W S M F O X

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Welcome to 2005.
misfire00
Lead Magnet
+26|6799|Charleston SC - USA

[RaWr]-Impsux wrote:

misfire00 wrote:

You replied saying you were afraid to reply. Wierd.
It gets weird like that. As if we’re all stuck in a reply(ax) parallel universe.

And Ty (mod from our time) warped it further for me by informing me that Thomas Morgan isn’t a mode but he is…right? I need time to think about this so in the mean time here’s a pic of my stinky sock loving cat.

https://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p283/misfire00/DSCN0019.jpg
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6667|Washington DC

Thanks DaBombadier for participating in the community ... and, since there are many new people playing BF2 (and scanning these forums), then they will likely find your post very helpful.  So, it is NOT inappropriate to point out techniques like this from time to time.

However, it IS inappropriate to make comments like a few have done in this thread.

I would suggest that everyone spend a few moments reading this post from the site owner (skip over the pictures to get to the heart of the post).

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=57688

chuyskywalker wrote:

A few members have found themselves bored of repeat topics by new people. They are jaded by the games, or just think there is little that hasn't already been said or done. They are taking joy in the art of annoying, derailing, insulting, and generally causing havoc in threads others make in earnest. I've been getting complaints of this type of behavior from the top members all the way to the newbs.

It's going to stop, and if that means a few of you end up getting removed from the site, then that's how it's going to stop.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard