Poll

is spanking wrong!?

yes10%10% - 9
no60%60% - 51
deppends28%28% - 24
Total: 84
Madhadda1
+270|6579|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
http://www.foxnews.com/# click on the state of the union video and it will be to the right of the video box.

imo spanking is ok in most events. but 1 year in jail ?!?!?!?! whats worss? a little punishment or 1 year with out your parent.... this is crazy.... but other people have stupid different opinons.

discuss?

oh and here is a video.... hopefully spanking didnt do that to him his mom might have hit him a little to hard or high..

Last edited by Madhadda1 (2007-01-23 19:09:26)

cospengle
+140|6521|Armidale, NSW, Australia
I think the host of that show needs a good spanking. Why bother having guests on your show if you're just going to talk over them...

Anyway, I was spanked as a kid and most of the time I deserved it. It taught me to do what I was told instead of being a little turd.

But some parents hit their kids because they (the parent) are angry and can't control themselves. That's not going to set a very good example for their kid, and may well result in serious injury.

There's a difference between disciplining a child and domestic violence. Also, children under 3 probably don't need to be spanked they're still pretty little.

BTW I voted 'no' but maybe I should have voted 'depends'. I was thinking spanking as distinct from flogging.

Edit: lol @ the second vid

Last edited by cospengle (2007-01-23 19:19:15)

thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6365|teh alien spaceshit
That man is definatly on crack. Spanking is not wrong at all.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6794|San Antonio, Texas

thtthht wrote:

That man is definatly on crack. Spanking is not wrong at all.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6751|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
If the kid deserves it then I have no problem with it.  The whole theory of 'time-out' is really idiotic and effectively teaches a kid nothing.  All they'll do is sit in a corner for five minutes and then go right back to whatever it was they were doing.

Spanking on the other hand teaches a kid that if you're going to make a bad choice then there are bad consequences involved with making that choice.  I think the best phrase that could sum this up is "The burned hand teaches best." 

I will say that there are times when spanking/corporal punishment can go over board, but those instances are fairly rare and they aren't enough to justify making spanking a felony.

Edit: Just saw the video and GOOD GOD that man should be locked in a nut house.

Last edited by mcgid1 (2007-01-23 19:25:06)

nonexistentusmc
+26|6479|Queens, NYC
Spanking is okay, but beating on kids isn't. This is why our younger generation are so unruly. They grew up protected by the "law". You can't do a damn thing to them without you being charged with neglect for child safety or something. It's just not right. Our past generations thought it was okay to spank children and teach them a lesson, what is so different about today? People just love to complain about every little thing that doesn't make them happy. Soon enough, everything will be "wrong" in the U.S. Hopefully, I'll be dead by then. It disgusts me that a way to discipline our future is nowadays mostly wrong.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6509|Foothills of S. Carolina

I see nothing wrong with spanking, and have spanked 3 of my children from time to time. When I was a child, I would occasionally get the belt or a switch, it all depended on why I was being punished. As for not spanking under 3 yrs old, my son is a holy terror and needs every bit of it.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6365|teh alien spaceshit
America is getting worse by the second.
Canin

Care to quantify your statement?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6665|Washington, DC

I think spanking's wrong. Not because it might be 'physically hurting' to them but because of the fact that it's an adult smacking his hand down on a kid's bum. Seems like some kinky, priest-in-the-confessions-booth stuff going on there =/
Canin

Its intention is purely disciplinary, not sexual. Or it shouldnt be, if you are spanking a child and getting a rise out of it, you got more problems than a misbehaving child.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6809|Noizyland

I was smacked as a kid. One of the best things my dad ever did for me. The thing is, is that after a while the meer threat of a smacked butt kept me in line. It wasn't a hard smack either, but when you're that young and know you've done wrong a slight tap will have you bawling.
Kids need to learn respect, a miniscule bit of hurt and humiliation does wonders for that.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Canin

Yeah, its funny about that. Now when my son acts up, all I have to to is look at him and he will normally cover his eyes with one hand and his rear with the other, and make a b-line for his bedroom.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6479|Queens, NYC
Thats another thing, sexual innuendo... (oh my god he's eating a banana so he must be a cocksucker) WTF IS THAT?! That deserves a disciplinary action. I mean come on. All this church issue has tainted everyones mind. Michael Jackson is probably in there too somewhere. But as mentioned above disciplinary, I'm not a parent, but I have a younger brother and he is a pain. He's 8 and doesn't do homework, just a ton of TV and the game boy. His father(my stepfather) doesn't really know how to discipline him, so I feel like I have to step up since he's so spoiled. So, he gets a lot of spanking, especially if he walks away from me while I'm speaking to him. I wonder what my own son will get if that ever happens.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6713|In You Endo- Stoke

Ty wrote:

I was smacked as a kid. One of the best things my dad ever did for me. The thing is, is that after a while the meer threat of a smacked butt kept me in line. It wasn't a hard smack either, but when you're that young and know you've done wrong a slight tap will have you bawling.
Kids need to learn respect, a miniscule bit of hurt and humiliation does wonders for that.
QFT

I was smacked aswell by my parents and thats how i learnt right from wrong to some extent.

Now for a good old spanking

Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6706

thtthht wrote:

America is getting worse by the second.
Yup.

In my state they passed a law that you cannot smoke in your car if there is a minor in it.  You can get pulled over for just that and fined.

Sooooo what's next?  Cannot smoke in my house.  Are we going to have cops knocking down doors looking for smokers.  Seems far fetched.  Not really.   I love it when government tells me what they think is right for me.
Home
Section.80
+447|6882|Seattle, Washington, USA

It's wrong when you go overboard with it. Some people can't handle the power, even if it's just the little bit over their children and they run with it. It's also innapropriate once the kid hits the age of I'd say 10-12.
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6504|New York
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6689

Spanking is not wrong at all. People need to stop overreacting and acting like pussies! Parents these days are so fucking stupid and lazy.
cospengle
+140|6521|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Hurricane wrote:

I think spanking's wrong. Not because it might be 'physically hurting' to them but because of the fact that it's an adult smacking his hand down on a kid's bum. Seems like some kinky, priest-in-the-confessions-booth stuff going on there =/
You need help if you can't tell the difference between disciplining a child and molesting them.

Homeschtar wrote:

It's wrong when you go overboard with it. Some people can't handle the power, even if it's just the little bit over their children and they run with it. It's also inappropriate once the kid hits the age of I'd say 10-12.
But if you've disciplined a child sufficiently before they reach 10-12 you won't need to hit them.

And lets face it, if you hit a 12 year old hard enough for them to take any notice, you're hitting them too hard anyway.

Last edited by cospengle (2007-01-23 23:26:08)

jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6561|Singapore
spanking should not be jailed but ...

try breaking the law in Singapore....
https://www.pathguy.com/lectures/caning.jpg
https://www.pathguy.com/lectures/caning2.jpg

the wounds are too gory..try googling "singapore caning"
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6800|Cambridge (UK)
ne1 that spanks a child should be hung...

/sarcasm
Immobile Sniper
+3|6534
> I spank my son,and I am hung. Tommy D.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6472
Spanking is cool by me.  There are lessons in the world that just need to be taught.  Now when someone had a shitty day at work, and then got caught in traffic, and then proceeds to beat their kid for spilling the milk, now that's abuse.  It should be a case by case scenario.  Some ppl just aren't stable enough emotionally to have the authority to dole out pain.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6379|Twyford, UK
Not wrong, but shouldn't be necesarry. Children should be trained like pets.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard