please explain your thoughts
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6541|Sydney, in 1978
no, its just a pathetic way for EA to cheat us out of more money
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6416|NSW, Australia

it is FUCKING AWSOME, id play heaps more but my cd isnt working for some reason so i dont bother. but yes its worth it and then some.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

Its 14.16x better than Vanilla.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6423|Michigan, USA

Yes, if you liked vanilla BF2, you'll enjoy SF as it has new maps (some being night maps!), weapons, tools (night vision, zip line, and grappling hook to name a few) and also will allow you to get more weapon unlocks for vanilla BF2.  So I would say it's worth the money; go ahead and buy it: you won't be disappointed!
dubbs
+105|6642|Lexington, KY
I would say if you are tired of vanilla, yes.  I have enjoyed it, and I have not found anyone who has not hated it, and wish they have not bought it.  The zip lines and hooks add to the game.  I personally think that SF is what vanilla wanted to be.   On the other hand, if you like tanks/APCs/Planes/Helichopters, they you should try it first.  There are not as many vehicles in the game. 

At Amazon, you can get it for $14.99 (£18.99), I would say that is well worth it.  I also found it for $19.99 on Compusa's site.
misfire00
Lead Magnet
+26|6791|Charleston SC - USA
Yes. It has a sneaky element to it. Turn down all light and sound, join a squad - communicate - sneak, wait wait, communicate and then take out your advisory. Then sneak, sneak again.
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6629|inside the recesses of your...

stryyker wrote:

Its 14.16x better than Vanilla.
Or more.
The_Jester
+52|6501|Italy
The Hind alone is worth the money.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6592|MANCHESTERRR
The only thing i miss about vanilla is dragon valley.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6355|Twyford, UK
For £10 preowned with a rarely-seen retail copy of Star Trek: Bridge Commander thrown in? Hell yes it was worth it.
Grappling hooks are incredibly amusing/
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6576|England

Yes, it is more than worth it.
If not for the funky Rebels winning tune , then for the 8 new maps, 6 new armies, 2nd tier unlocks for vanilla/AF/EF, new SF only weapons and gadgets and the whole host of new vehicles ranging from the Apache, Hummers with TOW's to the BMP3. And not to forget the awesome forklifts

Only downside (or plus-side depending on your point of view) is that there are no jets and it is more infantry based.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6698|"The Empire"
SF FTW!! Plus no karkand rotation on it!!!!!!!
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6660|Keyboard
Ghost Town
A12345
+77|6480
i said yes since i like the maps that never get old and new game play way more than anything vanilla has, but im not a vehicle kinda guy so i guess i just like more soldier fights and maps that benefit the soldier rather than the pilot/driver etc.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6649|Montreal, Qc, Canada
yeah man its very good... just buy it ... + the fact that theirs lots of good maps,  that you can almost go on top of every bulding is nice... night vision + gas mask... well its a good extension pack !!! i think EA made a good job on this one !!!!!! When you get sick of vanilla and you dont like 2142 alot... then SF is your game !
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6641|USA
SF is the way BF2 plain should be.  The maps are so much more fun.  I started playing a lot more SF lately and am trying to give up karkand!
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6381|Pittsburgh, PA USA
<3 Special Forces, it's just better & if you don't like it then your wrong
Seriously I can't explain exactly why it's better, it's just everything.
brett f
+8|6613|Upstate SC
No it sux really bad don't get it.  That way you wont help fill up my favorite servers.
sgt_mango333
+31|6662
It's OK.  You get the weapons and the maps and the extra gear like the rappeling and zip lines.  It's better now that its way cheaper than when it was new.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6458

it rocksXXXXXXXXXXXX
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6409|6 feet under

dubbs wrote:

they you should try it first.
where can I try it?
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6535|dunno
It is 1000x better than vanilla it is worth every penny.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6409|6 feet under
Does it have a single player?
rmilhous
+32|6538|Augusta, Georgia
I agree with those stating that it is better than vanilla BF2. The cool additions of the grappling hook and the zip line help out alot when trying to take flags, or get on top of a building to knife that damn sniper that just camped you. I have said often that the addition of these two elements would make Karkand a bit more fun and challenging when you have the option to get on top of buildings. As for the Hind, sure that is nice- but that Apache on Ghost Town is sick if you like being a chopper pilot.

Some of the night maps are pretty challenging though. At first people get intimidated by them, but when you get the hang of the night vision- it opens some new doors for some real fun.

To me, there seems to be a little more close quarters battling going on in SF with maps such as Iron Gator. That can be tough even to some of the experienced players at times. The "Karkand's" of SF would deffinately have to be Ghost Town and Warlord. They are extremely fun.

Give it a try. I think it may convert you to liking SF more. However, when I go back and play some of the Vanilla maps, I get pwnd often since I am out of practice. 

Hope you decide to try it, and hope this info helps. See you on the Battlefield my friend!

rmilhous

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard