djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6345|Oregon
Idea spawned off of a discussion in another thread...

Where do you see BF going after 2142?

3142?
3 (whatever that would be)?
1916 (my favorite...)
Something more stealth based...
Something more RTS???

What would YOU like to see in a new game?
What would you NOT like to see?

Discuss... maybe we'll make a poll if there's enough discussion...
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6470|UK
Battlefield wild west.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6664|Teesside, UK
surely they have to make the inevitable 2142 expansion next?  Maybe the the future special forces

Last edited by crimson_grunt (2007-01-09 16:50:53)

specops10-4
+108|6753|In the hills
I would love another BF2 game, just better graphics, greater realism and more "tactical based" gameplay, while retaining the quick pace of most BF2 battles.

I wouldnt like it to be more stealth based, just make it easier to be stealthy.  Like better camo
im_in_heaven
+27|6597

specops10-4 wrote:

I would love another BF2 game, just better graphics, greater realism and more "tactical based" gameplay, while retaining the quick pace of most BF2 battles.

I wouldnt like it to be more stealth based, just make it easier to be stealthy.  Like better camo
Right on the money.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6345|Oregon

specops10-4 wrote:

agreed...

better camo and maybe... spec ops cant be seen by uav's?
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6681

wah1188 wrote:

Battlefield wild west.
Now that would be funny,

WWI or Civil War I suppose.
SmackDowN
+5|6479
BF1756 - you can have a gun that takes 30 sec to reload, a bow, etc... there are big cannons in the uncaps, or it can be naval fights...

or

BF200BC - Where you fight as a roman or one of their enemies, you have a sword, a bow, and there are horses spawning Also with a gladiator mode ^^

Last edited by SmackDowN (2007-01-09 17:03:59)

thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6340|teh alien spaceshit
Bf bad company
dark110
+37|6632|Chicagoland

SmackDowN wrote:

BF200BC - Where you fight as a roman or one of their enemies, you have a sword, a bow, and there are horses spawning Also with a gladiator mode ^^
Dumbass, the Romans werent aroun back then. Thtas like frigin cave people otr some shit.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6760|Chicago.

thtthht wrote:

Bf bad company
That's for PS3/Xbox 360.

To be honest, I'd just like to see BF2 revamped as specops10-4 said.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6692|The Lou
More Equality. You wouldn't see people bitching about J10s or anything when the power of the f35 is the same.
SmackDowN
+5|6479

dark110 wrote:

SmackDowN wrote:

Dumbass, the Romans werent aroun back then. Thtas like frigin cave people otr some shit.
hmm google it u'll see that most of their wars were around 200bc

Last edited by SmackDowN (2007-01-09 17:10:50)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6726
from what i have heard the BF series is over after 2142 and any expansion packs...
EA/DICE are developing a Battlefield mmorpg...  not unlike Warcrack...
Love is the answer
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

djphetal wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

agreed...

better camo and maybe... spec ops cant be seen by uav's?
Apparently there was meant to be something like that in BF2 - or so I read in one of those EA adverts that come with my copy of Edge every so often...
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6566|Brisbane, Aus

EA's next move will prolly be an expansion/booster pack(oh how they love those) on 2142

but realy i'd like 1942 remake, perhaps with submarines this time
MrPredictable
+14|6696

Fenix14 wrote:

EA's next move will prolly be an expansion/booster pack(oh how they love those) on 2142

1942 had submarines...

but a 1942 remake would be sweet, better graphics and an unlock system would make the game awesome
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6716|67.222.138.85
BF1942 - Major Game, two expansions

BF Vietnam - Basically large expansion on BF1942, same engine - No expansions

BF2 - Major Game, one expansion

BF2142 - Basically large expansion of BF2, same engine - Probably no expansions (maybe AF/EF bullshit, those are more like map packs)

I expect BF3 to be modern day again, hopefully this time with maybe more weapons and better general functionality, example opening doors, roping down from blackhawks
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

Fenix14 wrote:

uhh... 1942 had submarines.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

BF1942 - Major Game, two expansions

BF Vietnam - Basically large expansion on BF1942, same engine - No expansions

BF2 - Major Game, one expansion

BF2142 - Basically large expansion of BF2, same engine - Probably no expansions (maybe AF/EF bullshit, those are more like map packs)

I expect BF3 to be modern day again, hopefully this time with maybe more weapons and better general functionality, example opening doors, roping down from blackhawks
re: Roping down from blackhawks - another feature that was dropped from BF2 - apparently because nobody used it, they just 'chute'd out instead...
GR34
+215|6555|ALBERTA> CANADA
or a remake of bf2 but one that the cold war actualy happend and us and russia can have huge naval battles with subs and stuff. like the DC mod 4 1942 but with better copters
claor
+39|6424|Australia

specops10-4 wrote:

-Gunsmoke-
+165|6645|South Jersey
I remember a thread like this from awhile ago.  I suggested Battlefield Cold War.  "My nukez R bettar than j0rz!!!11
Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)
Personally, I'd like to see basically a more tactical bf2 - maybe make holding and defending flags/bases a more tactically valuable element of the gameplay in some way...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard