Poll

Should EA include a third person view in the next Patch?

Yes20%20% - 25
No65%65% - 79
Maybe13%13% - 16
Total: 120
kptk92
u
+972|6415|tc_london
Rather than record using battlerecorder, why can't we have a third person view so we can not only record, but actually record videos LIVE. I mean, it can't be that much of a problem ... can it?

Discuss.
spectraman
+27|6780
Might change things up a bit, but who knows if EA is gonna release a new patch anyway.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6527|Adelaide, South Australia

I can hear the screams now: "OMFG I WZ B3HND A WALL!?!? HOW U C MEE!!?!"

But, I like it. It'll bring a Max Payne'y feel to wielding a pistol
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6851|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

I can hear the screams now: "OMFG I WZ B3HND A WALL!?!? HOW U C MEE!!?!"

But, I like it. It'll bring a Max Payne'y feel to wielding a pistol
UAV already does that.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6494|Melbourne

As long as it is option i think it is a good idea, Will help snipers allot when finding a good spot.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
kptk92
u
+972|6415|tc_london

R3v4n wrote:

As long as it is option i think it is a good idea, Will help snipers allot when finding a good spot.
Of course its optional ... some games have first and third person views as options ;-)
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6716

kptk92 wrote:

Rather than record using battlerecorder, why can't we have a third person view so we can not only record, but actually record videos LIVE. I mean, it can't be that much of a problem ... can it?

Discuss.
Are you thinking a spectator mode where you can watch what happens in the server or a different camera angle so you can see your your character from third person view like in the vehicle's (F9 - F12).

either way, NO.  Being able to see around a corner with out exposing your self is basically a wall hack and I don't see a way you can make 3rd person view that looks good and does not cause visual problems.   Spectator mode just leads to easy ghosting (having a friend tell you what the other team is doing over Vent).
BF2 & 2142 have enough graphical glitches & exploits as it is, no need to create new ones.
Roughshod
I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?
+24|6277|Germany, NRW

cheshiremoe wrote:

Are you thinking a spectator mode where you can watch what happens in the server or a different camera angle so you can see your your character from third person view like in the vehicle's (F9 - F12).

either way, NO.  Being able to see around a corner with out exposing your self is basically a wall hack and I don't see a way you can make 3rd person view that looks good and does not cause visual problems.   Spectator mode just leads to easy ghosting (having a friend tell you what the other team is doing over Vent).
BF2 & 2142 have enough graphical glitches & exploits as it is, no need to create new ones.
I just agree to this.
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6235|Scotland!
I'd rather have a first person view on battlerecorder.
im_in_heaven
+27|6595
useless to have 3rd person
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6476

im_in_heaven wrote:

useless to have 3rd person
Why so?
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6646|Montreal, Qc, Canada
A new patch ????  Damn you guys have imagination !!!!!!
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6321|Netherlands
Noooo
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6409|dm_maidenhead
There already is. No crosshair though and you have to be commander. Looks cool though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrXjqqTBc4M
I didn't make the video but I have done it before and it does work.

Last edited by petermassingale (2007-05-08 08:51:06)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6277

Roughshod wrote:

cheshiremoe wrote:

I just agree to this.
Me too.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6703|UK
Why would there be a 3rd person view in a FPS?
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6532|dunno
you can already play in 3rd person. Go commander and jump of a high place open parachute and go to commander screen and watch you go to the ground. Then you can play in 3rd person.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6277

The_Killer wrote:

you can already play in 3rd person. Go commander and jump of a high place open parachute and go to commander screen and watch you go to the ground. Then you can play in 3rd person.
That too. Tried it in singleplayer in the weekend. I kept shooting the ground.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

Jameseyy wrote:

I'd rather have a first person view on battlerecorder.
QFT. If they can do it in CS 1.6 and now CSS - they can do it in BF2.

Oh wait, this is EA and DICE we are talking about. Nevermind.
David.P
Banned
+649|6281
Yes! I would love to have third person like that when i;m sniping to see if somebody's trying to knife me.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6544|Chicago
It might be good to find a hiding spot, but for firefights, it's worthless without some sort of crosshairs.
kn0ckahh
+98|6746|netherlands, sweet lake city
you'll get people that will camp around corners waiting for someone and then blast him with a shotty from close distance, I've player SOF II where you could use third person view in some servers and this is what we got.
daemonicust
+4|6250|Manukau
This is BF2 not WOW lol
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6714|67.222.138.85
Hell yes they should. BR sucks ass right now, it would be great if they made a demo recorder of CS quality.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6564|Brisbane, Aus

Not for battle I don't think, if I need to see by a wall in a vehicle i just use flyby camera, for infantry I just throw a nade.

But i agree it would be sweet, but what are the chances of EVER getting new official stuff in BF2, if someone stuck it in a mod I'd play it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard