Drexel
+43|6626|Philadelphia
Ok, I've seen many people ask about the original ranks the game had day one.  I personally feel that these requirements, although extremely difficult to receive, would make that rank/award actually respected.  I've found a forums from those early days and one guy I quote saying,

"Well Me being a Measly L.CPL, It looks pretty sweet when you see a Sgt. In game."

Another guy saying,

"I agree, even though it may sound ridiculous, it should be very hard to gain rank. Because otherwise within a few weeks, everyone will be general, and withing a few months, everyone will just be at same rank, and the ranking system will have gone to hell."

Anyway, these are beside the point.  I wanted to just go and post the original requirements that I still have.

RANKS

Global Score                                                                    Rank
                 0                                                                 Private
             500                                                  Private First Class
          1,000                                                      Lance Corporal
        10,500                                                               Corporal
        25,000                                                               Sergeant
        50,000                                                       Staff Sergeant
        75,000                                                  Gunnery Sergeant
      150,000                                                     Master Sergeant
      150,000 Basic Combats                                  First Sergeant
      250,000                                        Master Gunnery Sergeant
      250,000 Basic Vehicles                                 Sergeant Major
      250,000 Best monthly player             Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps

AWARDS

Award                                      Basic                                 Veteran                                            Expert

Engineer Combat                 10 Kills IAR                20 Kills IAR / 250 hours                       40 Kills IAR / 1,000 hours
Sniper Combat                    10 Kills IAR                20 Kills IAR / 250 hours                       35 Kills IAR / 1,000 hours
Medic Combat                     10 Kills IAR                20 Kills IAR / 250 hours                       40 Kills IAR / 1,000 hours
Spec Ops Combat                10 Kills IAR                20 Kills IAR / 250 hours                       40 Kills IAR / 1,000 hours
Assault Combat                   10 Kills IAR                20 Kills IAR / 250 hours                       40 Kills IAR / 1,000 hours
Anti-Tank Combat                10 Kills IAR                20 Kills IAR / 250 hours                       40 Kills IAR / 1,000 hours
Support Combat                  10 Kills IAR                20 Kills IAR / 250 hours                       40 Kills IAR / 1,000 hours
Knife Combat                        7 Kills IAR                   50 Kills / 7 Kills IAR                            100 Kills / 18 Kills IAR
Pistol Combat                        9 Kills IAR                   50 Kills / 9 Kills IAR                            500 Kills / 18 Kills IAR
Ground Defence                    5 Min. IAR                12 Kills IAR / 200 hours                        24 Kills IAR / 750 hours
Explosive Ordinance             13 kills IAR                23 Kills IAR / 500 kills                           37 Kills IAR / 1,000 Kills
Commander                      40 Points IAR            33 Min. IAR / 15,000 points                   33 Min. IAR / 150,000 points
Engineer Repair                 5 Repairs IAR            15 Repairs IAR / 500 hours        25 Repairs IAR / 1,000 Hours & Repairs
First Aid                             5 Heals IAR               10 Heals IAR / 500 hours                25 Heals IAR / 1,000 Hours & Heals
Re-Supply                       5 Resuplies IAR       10 Resuplies IAR / 500 Hours      25 Resuplies IAR / 1,000 Hours & Resuplies
Air Defence                         10 Min IAR                 12 Kills IAR / 250 Hours                        24 Kills IAR / 750 Hours
Armor                                 10 Min IAR                 12 Kills IAR / 100 Hours                       24 Kills IAR / 1,000 Hours
Aviator                                10 Min IAR                 12 Kills IAR / 500 Hours                       24 Kills IAR / 1,500 Hours
Helicopter                            15 Min IAR                 12 Kilsl IAR / 100 Hours                       24 Kills IAR / 1,000 Hours

I apologize, but I did not write down the original Ribbon requirements and couldn't find them online.  If anyone can send me them or give me a link, I'll edit and add those as well.

Edit for spelling

Last edited by Drexel (2007-12-26 15:32:34)

Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6552|dm_maidenhead
wow +1
How many people had expert ground defence.
I really think EA overestimated how much people would play this game. The top ranked people are at about 3000 hours. They might have about 3 expert combats if they constantly whored that kit. lol
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6618
Why I didn't play ranked until January.
Shiffdaddy
+73|6483
Jeezus Christ.  Those are 10x harder than the ones right now.  I have been interested in this for a while and couldnt find anything. Thanks +1
David.P
Banned
+649|6424
+1 always wanted to know what it was like in the old day's.
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6478|105 RVK
lol i remeber back then when I was a lance corporal for AGES [ok 1 month] and I was so mad cause I wanted unlocks.

Never knew that the gap was that big tho, wow.

I would be a Master Sgt. now if we still had those ranks
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6715|Area 51
1000 hours for a kit badge? What were they smokin? xD Even so I do remember the old days..having 20000 points and still be a corperal..
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6799|Washington DC

Drexel wrote:

Pistol Combat                        9 Kills IAR                   50 Kills / 9 Kills IAR                            100 Kills / 18 Kills IAR
Good compilation ... one error I noticed was that expert pistol was 500 global kills, and 18 IAR

If you want to add some of the ribbons & medals you are missing, you can use the WayBack machine that has logged historic BF2s web pages. For example, from the August 1, 2005 version of the site ...

Here's the UBAR requirements for badges:  http://web.archive.org/web/200508052331 … adges.html

Here's the UBAR requirements for ribbons:  http://web.archive.org/web/200508052342 … bbons.html

Here's the UBAR requirements for rank:  http://web.archive.org/web/200508070131 … ranks.html
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6789|Montreal, Qc, Canada
ahhhh the good old days of this great game !!!!! (even wit the 10 patch )
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6891|OctoLand
This was bf2 at its best, end of story.
I know fucking karate
Megalomaniac
+92|6478|105 RVK
i alos think Expert knife was 300 or 500 kills then 18 IAR
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6922|PNW

David.Podedworny wrote:

+1 always wanted to know what it was like in the old day's.
I'd revert to the original system if it meant Blackhawk miniguns were restored to their former glory. Boy, was that fun.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6828|Middle of nowhere
although i do believe that EA should make the awards harder to get, 1000 for expert badges is too extreme
Ricerckt93
+69|6803
Wow, didn't think I was very far along, but that would suck to be kicked back down to Gunny SGT.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6716|England

WOAH! Currently, im a Lt.Col...with that system, Id be a Gunnery Sgt

And we complain of expert armour being @ 400 hours...expert aviator was 1500 hours!!

The AA, knife and Ground defense badges have been completely nerfed though.
Whereas I think the badges should be harder....1000hours for an expert kit badge is pathetic.

I remember the SF medals were 4500hours as each army when it came out - and stayed like that until what, summer last year?
Megalomaniac
+92|6478|105 RVK

Snake wrote:

I remember the SF medals were 4500hours as each army when it came out - and stayed like that until what, summer last year?
lol i remeber those too.
They changed it in 1.2 or 1.22, not sure
JaggedPanther
+61|6624
OMG!!! 1000 hrs per kit???

So basically all you needed was LOTS OF TIME ON YOUR HANDS for the old system.  That would mean 7,000 hours if you wanted expert on all kits, That's BS I doubt anyone has the time.

Last edited by JaggedPanther (2007-03-17 06:37:38)

Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6801|United States
On the ranks section you spelled Gergeant Major wrong it should be Sergeant Major.  Right now I would be first sergeant
m4s3rchi3f
+122|6444
My God....that's almost intimidating. VERY hard to please E.A. Good thing they come to sense with their req.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6477|Australia
1500 hours sitting in a frickin' plane and 750 hours on a mountewd gun for expert? I seriously doubt most BF2 players play for more then ~300 hours total.

I think the Kit times are good now (100 hours). To get all expert requires 700 hours total, and you have to admit, that is a huge amount of time as it is.
I also think commander is good as it is now, considering no one ever goes commander. Hell, I only have 19000 points, and already I'm ranked 200th out of Australia.
Drexel
+43|6626|Philadelphia
I still stand to think that these old requirements, although very tough to achieve, would actually force you to become and expert at the kits before you get the award.  How many people do you see running around with expert awards that are totally worthless using the kit?  They got it by commanding the whole time or something like that. 

I was proposing a (sorta) compromise.  If the vets awards for combat stayed the same, but had the expert time at 500 hours, I think that would be better than what it is now.  The vehicle times are crazy, but if you ran into a guy with over 1500 hours in experience in a plane (I'm sure there's a few out there now) you'd have to be ungodly good to be able to keep up with them.

One of the biggest problems that I have with the nerf is that I was about to get the Vet Engineer combat award, but then they felt like changing the requirements, so now I have almost 200 hours as an engineer, but about 50 hours in each of the other kits.  If they would have changed it from the start, I could have had 2 or 3 more expert combats by now.

Also, when you go and find actual combat, how many generals do you see running around or flying a jet?  At the same time, How many Master Sergeants do you see?  1 if you're lucky.  That's one thing I enjoyed about this game.  Being a Corporal actually meant something.  Now you could get PFC in your first round if you were really on fire.  I would be perfectly fine being a Staff Sergeant right now.

Last edited by Drexel (2007-03-19 10:02:41)

jsnipy
+3,276|6672|...

lol ground defense 750 hours. time != difficulty
LOATHE YOU
Banned
+0|6402
I think I am 1 of about 100 in the whole BF2 community that can boast the REAL War college ribbon earned.

See the date earned ?

http://bf2s.com/player/58292816/

Yep, it war hard as hell but I did it. So many people bitched that it was too hard. I would like to thank EA for listening to the 18 and under crowd for helping nerf the ranking system. I still enjoy BF2 but it was more fun to earn various awards back then.

Regarding those awards that some people found rediculous, I think EA was intending that someone would purchase the game and be playing will into the next decade. I see no issues with that. It's that fun for myself.
Ricerckt93
+69|6803

LOATHE YOU wrote:

I think I am 1 of about 100 in the whole BF2 community that can boast the REAL War college ribbon earned.

See the date earned ?

http://bf2s.com/player/58292816/

Yep, it war hard as hell but I did it. So many people bitched that it was too hard. I would like to thank EA for listening to the 18 and under crowd for helping nerf the ranking system. I still enjoy BF2 but it was more fun to earn various awards back then.

Regarding those awards that some people found rediculous, I think EA was intending that someone would purchase the game and be playing will into the next decade. I see no issues with that. It's that fun for myself.
Yeah, I got my WCR pre 1.3 too.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6845|UK
1000 hours for an expert?

Damn

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard