jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6765|Norcal, usa
i like kevin federline the best
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6845
this thread is like asking 'who in here is white?'

i will bet you that everyone who says they hate rap have no clue what hiphop really is and have only ever heard lil bow wow.

Last edited by Krappyappy (2007-01-04 21:46:23)

Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6387|Vancouver

Krappyappy wrote:

i will bet you that everyone who says they hate rap have no clue what hiphop really is and have only ever heard lil bow wow.
An especially justified assumption, if it were true. Or maybe people honestly don't like rap? Is that so implausible?
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6845

Drakef wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

An especially justified assumption, if it were true. Or maybe people honestly don't like rap? Is that so implausible?
of course some people truly dislike rap. but judging from the comments of people in this thread, their hatred of rap stems from an obvious misrepresentation of what rap really has to offer.

like judging rock music by hansen.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6736|Sweden

jermyang wrote:

seconded

on a more "serious" note i don´t like rap i find it quite worthless with some exceptions check out flipsyde they are really ok though it´s not really heavy "rapping" more a mix.

Last edited by madmurre (2007-01-04 22:21:50)

Archer
rapes face
+161|6449|Canuckistan
I hate rap. And all the nuccas related to it >

Ok, maybe not. I just hate rap.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6869|Reykjavík, Iceland.

bobby177 wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

Fuck rap

METAL FTW!
Fuck you!

Rap & Metal ftw!....with some brutal death metal (Gutrot - teabagging the dead.)
Amputated - Gargling Infected Semen is better

I hate how all rap sounds and I can not STAND to listen to an entire song. IMO 98% of it takes no skill at all  (recording a 5 second beat and then talking about how you killed 50 "niggas" is not music). There are a few rap artists that I recognize for having talent, even though I dislike the music.

For me, It's all about the death, viking, and folk metal.
Melodic death metal and viking metal is by far the best.

Kalmah - Hollow Heart is one of my favs.

Last edited by PBAsydney (2007-01-05 06:42:54)

Home
Section.80
+447|6873|Seattle, Washington, USA

PBAsydney wrote:

bobby177 wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Fuck you!

Rap & Metal ftw!....with some brutal death metal (Gutrot - teabagging the dead.)

I hate how all rap sounds and I can not STAND to listen to an entire song. IMO 98% of it takes no skill at all  (recording a 5 second beat and then talking about how you killed 50 "niggas" is not music). There are a few rap artists that I recognize for having talent, even though I dislike the music.

You've got to be kidding. You are on the "I hate rap" bandwagon, but you listen to death metal and viking metal.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6704|In You Endo- Stoke

jermyang wrote:

Thirded he's so hot right now

Not a big fan of rap,but i like cypress hill and thats about it...
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6610|Finland
Really I can listen rap, I don't hate, or like it.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6571
Anyone who gets their musical "taste" from the radio and MTV really can't make an accurate judgement of what music sucks and what doesn't.

Everytime I hear anything mainstream it makes me want to put red hot paperclips in my eardrums.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6869|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Homeschtar wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

bobby177 wrote:

You've got to be kidding. You are on the "I hate rap" bandwagon, but you listen to death metal and viking metal.
I don't listen to death metal, I listen to MELODIC death metal, it's a whole different genre, the vocals are pretty much the same though, but it's all about skilled riffs and solos

Because this takes no skill at all.....[/sarcasm]
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6498|Kakanien
i love rap music but i hate almost every rapper and almost every1 who listens to rap music. they are mostly fuckin retards
lord_tyler_486
+54|6778|Upper Franconia
Wow this poll started an unexpected discussion about how stupid rap is and that it is no real music and that it's only about an idiot who can't sing for shit killing niggas. I'd like to hear more people's opinions [which are not part of bf2s]

For now, it seems like most bf2 players highly dislike rap for several reasons, but I rarely see replies who actually like rap for a mentioned reason. Looks like there are not many. 75 people voted that they don't hate rap, some of them told that they even like it. Why? We've seen why people do not like rap at all, but on the other side what makes rap better than other "music" styles?
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6789

lord_tyler_486 wrote:

75 people voted that they don't hate rap, some of them told that they even like it. Why? We've seen why people do not like rap at all, but on the other side what makes rap better than other "music" styles?
Because there are no good reasons
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6789

PBAsydney wrote:

Homeschtar wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

I don't listen to death metal, I listen to MELODIC death metal, it's a whole different genre, the vocals are pretty much the same though, but it's all about skilled riffs and solos

Because this takes no skill at all.....[/sarcasm]
go out and buy Guitar World January 2007 edition NOW.

Best issue ever.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6736|Sweden

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

i love rap music but i hate almost every rapper and almost every1 who listens to rap music. they are mostly fuckin retards
You sure you don´t hate yourself?
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6845

lord_tyler_486 wrote:

Wow this poll started an unexpected discussion about how stupid rap is and that it is no real music and that it's only about an idiot who can't sing for shit killing niggas. I'd like to hear more people's opinions [which are not part of bf2s]

For now, it seems like most bf2 players highly dislike rap for several reasons, but I rarely see replies who actually like rap for a mentioned reason. Looks like there are not many. 75 people voted that they don't hate rap, some of them told that they even like it. Why? We've seen why people do not like rap at all, but on the other side what makes rap better than other "music" styles?
first of all hiphop is dance music. i like it because i like to dance. i can't dance to swedish metal. and no, moshing or randomly thrashing your limbs around is not dancing. i would guess that the people here who abhorr rap can't dance for shit, or if they do it's something from 50 years ago like swing, or even older like ballroom. let's see you bust out your foxtrot in the club.

second of all, i am not black but i identify with the black condition. hiphop is the music of poverty and minorities, it's been embraced by latinos and asians. if you want to talk about lyrical content, shit metal has as much nonsense crap in it as shit rap does. stuff like 'darkness fills my heart with pain' is top notch drivel.

third of all i am a poet and when a good rapper flows his verse is poetic. i enjoy the proficiency with language that good rappers display. you won't find it on the likes of chingy 'i like the way you do dat right thurr.'
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6728
I don't understand how rap is considered "Black" music when "Black" music is actually Jazz, soul, rock 'n' roll (Which all forms of rock came from metal, etc).

It used to be that Rock 'N' Roll was the devils music and frowned upon by white people for being "Black" music. Now it seems that now a generation has been brought up thinking that rap is their cultural heritage.
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6622
I despise Rap Music.  I'd much rather listen to an enormous Norwegian man screaming his heart out into a microphone of something he is passionate about, then an enormous black man talking about how he killed people so now he has money and "bitches". 

I'm far beyond metal (reference to Strapping Young Lad).  I love Melodic Death metal, Death metal, viking metal, folk metal, thrash metal, power metal, metalcore (yes some of it's good, change is always good) and classic rock.

Check sig for my views on hardcore though...

Last edited by MorbiD.ShoT (2007-01-07 09:36:27)

link52787
+29|6547
I don't listen to rap, I don't hate it.  I'm indifferent, don't care about rappers and their music.
Hama-Raptor-UK
+58|6448|West Midlands
Rap is the biggest load of bullshit i ever heard... then they act like they own everything, yeah look at me im a gangster, sets a bad example for kids, this is why most of britain is full of chavs playin there SHIT music on there phones FFS

go listen to some really music, SAXON, Megadeath, Maiden just to name a few

METAL FTW!!!
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6697|UK
how can you not like this?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXBYRj4EGuM
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Betrayal
+4|6808|Florida
Rock is gay Viva la Rap!
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6498|Kakanien

madmurre wrote:

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

You sure you don´t hate yourself?
yes, i'm sure. but i also hate swedish kids

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard