chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

https://www.game-monitor.com/server-players.php?ip=72.36.222.172:16567&type=year&timezone=-7

That's a little chart of how ... erm ... "popular" the bf2s U.S. server has been over the last year. Pretty abysmal, honestly.

Meanwhile, the EU server has been doing really, really well. So well, I had to go make a sub-forum just for them to banter on with each other.

So, the decision is that I'm either going to trim the fat and get rid of it, or get a team of people like B.Schuss and his squadron of goons to run it.

What do you think?

(In other news, thank duk0r for giving you all RSS feeds of just about everything on the forums )
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6650| United States of America
ah man that sucks! if more people were on there i would be on there too
EDIT: meh if i were u i would save u some money and get rid of it

Last edited by tvmissleman (2006-07-17 19:06:50)

TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6839|-

tvmissleman wrote:

That's the problem. Everyone sees that it's empty so they never join to try and start it up.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6641|Washington DC

Hey, I'm always willing to be part of a group that gets a server popular ... but, it would take a number of players / admins to help get it going.
deathrace5000
+1|6676|AMERICA F@CK YEAH!
try making it more unquie like rotating only night maps or something, some people like me love the night maps, mebbe theres enough people out there to play night only? there too many warlord and ghost towns out there already you know?
timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6717
well our clan [Mist] has had tonnes of problems with our server being unpopulated latley, mostly 'cause of patch problems, but I think lots of us are fans of bf2s and would spend some time on the server, tryin' to get it popular
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6714|England
sorry chuy i would love to join your server some times but the maps you play are not ones that i like. Im fussy with maps i dont like objects flying above me so i love karkand and warlord.

The best way to do it chuy if you want your US server to get full put a poll up asking people what is there fave map or look at recent polls then put up a rotation of like 3 or 5 of the most favourite maps this will also help the server get full.

Last edited by gazzie (2006-07-17 19:28:22)

Chou
+737|6782

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

tvmissleman wrote:

That's the problem. Everyone sees that it's empty so they never join to try and start it up.
That's how most servers get a funeral
Bahiti
Respect! Give it .. Get it!
+55|6640|Land of =KBK=
My server has been like that for the past month.  But thanks to the OldBastardsClan tonight It Rocked!! It's still rockin lol.  I left over an hour ago and it is still full.  Just go kidnap some peeps off the EU server and have them play on the US server.  Or maybe a few of us can go in one night and get it going but then return the favor for those of us that are trying to keep our servers going so they don't die a slow death.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6702
Well my karkand 24/7 server is ALLWAYS full, so much so that i had to post that i needed admins to trim the fat away (hotel glitchers) now i have a team of admins and alot of regular players, if it crash's 99% of the people rejoin.

My advice to you make it a city maps 24/7 server, and add wake in to, i useraly play karkand or mahitur and i have joined the US server alot only to find it empty, ive messed around on my own with a group of 3 of us and no body else joined after 2hours we got bored..........

Also alot of people dont like 64 player servers either because there machines cant handle it or they just get shot every 2 seconds..... try cutting it down to a 32 size server as alot of people find them alot more enjoyable
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6538|inside your nose.
yea i could help i could join your server and try to get it populated chuy... maybe i could be an admin or somethin... i would be more that willing to sit there and wait for ppl if ya wanted
Delta_38DS
Self Proclaimed A10 Whore
+27|6555
I think it would help if a lot of people from here joined the server at some planned time.  That would help get the server going for a while.  It would also help to make it a 24/7 city maps, with one air map (I would recommend Dalian, it seems balanced ).
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6618|Los Angeles, California, US.
Chuy, I made a Post about this Earlier in the Server Forum, Saying for Everyone to go and help get the US Server Started, But it Mysteriously Disappeared.

I Dunno why it Disappeared, But anyways, Its Sad to see it be Empty. I'm Willing to Idle in it in Hopes of Helping It. I Idled in it for about a Week at One Point, But it did no use. .

Link :

DaReJa wrote:

Well, Quite Simple. Its Rarely got people in it and It'd be nice to get the Server with enough people to Start a Round.

https://www.game-monitor.com/server-players.php?ip=72.36.222.172:16567&type=day&key=0ff74b5d9ddc314b85e72943b4cf9c12&timezone=-4https://www.game-monitor.com/server-players.php?ip=72.36.222.172:16567&type=month&key=0ff74b5d9ddc314b85e72943b4cf9c12&timezone=-4https://www.game-monitor.com/server-rank.php?ip=72.36.222.172:16567&type=year&key=0ff74b5d9ddc314b85e72943b4cf9c12&timezone=-4https://www.game-monitor.com/server-players.php?ip=72.36.222.172:16567&type=year&timezone=-7

So, All I'm asking is, C'mon people. Start going in there, I'll Idle in there. Its a Shame to have it sit there Empty.

"Operation: Start BF2s US Server"

https://www.game-monitor.com/server-stat-image/72.36.222.172:16567.png

Heres the Server IP ETC.... for those of you who dont know it

Ooohhhh, I know a Mods Gonna Close this!! Sorry in Advance. .
Heres the Link :

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=35293

Last edited by DaReJa (2006-07-17 20:24:27)

Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6698|67.222.138.85
I agree with getting a mod team on here to generate interest, and also doing what the Europeans did with the Saturday night gaming thing, maybe 2-3 nights a week at 7-8 ish EST.
Phoenix2
Professional Medic Whore
+43|6520|Karkand
You should make the server as follows:

24/7 karkand 64 person map
Max: 56 players
Autobalance: off
Friendly fire: on
Randomize teams at the start of the round.

It'd be almost identical to Moders karkand, but who cares, atleast you'd have a steady stream of players.

Last edited by Phoenix2 (2006-07-17 20:52:41)

The_Mob_Returns
+72|6713|Indianapolis, IN
I for one will join a server to help it get started. 

Actually, anyone out there needing help starting there server, I will be glad to help you out as I am getting tired of BF2.

Don't make it Karkand only, there are enough of those already.  Make it maybe mostly karkand with a taste of other maps.  And as one person said earlier, you could make it 32 player but why not keep the 64 players or whatever.  That would be interesting.  Or not, whatever but remember I will sit in a server if ya, ever need it.

Edit:
If I sit in the BF2s US server does that mean I get to use the BF2s tags. 
I am kidding, I already have tags but that would be cool.

Last edited by The_Mob_Returns (2006-07-17 21:00:52)

spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6722|Michigan
I'll hang out on it for an hour or so when I get out of work around 1am EST.
From the looks of it... it's gonna be a lonley time!
Reizors
Ninja's > BF2s
+42|6515|Australia

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Your US server sucks, but the Europeans can't get enough of chuy. Must be the hidden moustache. I guarantee an Australian server would be populated though *hint* cough *hint*.
I would definetly be on that every night of the week, there is not enough aus servers, only 2 or 3 lots of servers, they are from ISP's, and their not all that great.

C'mon Chuy, support the guys Down under!
Tempestrix
+3|6673|Gold Coast, Australia

Reizors wrote:

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Your US server sucks, but the Europeans can't get enough of chuy. Must be the hidden moustache. I guarantee an Australian server would be populated though *hint* cough *hint*.
I would definetly be on that every night of the week, there is not enough aus servers, only 2 or 3 lots of servers, they are from ISP's, and their not all that great.

C'mon Chuy, support the guys Down under!
+1
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6733

I'd play consistently on your server, just to get it Populated.....
But, I'd love an Aussie bf2s server, and I could get the Clan to come on.....
dudebrah
+1|6533|San Diego
its been ridiculously hard to find a decent server lately. I almost never join a 64 man server, unless its SF and about half full or less because theres like 100 SF servers total. The thing I've noticed about bf2 is how many 24/7 servers there are... I would say trim that baby down to 32 max with the medium sized maps to go with it
but then again thats just my preference
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6589|Seattle

I miss the BF2s Saturday night gaming. That was something I looked forward to but my girlfriend got in the way I won't ever let that happen agin! I kicked that biatch to the curb:)
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6711|California

Jeff, may i suggest switching the server over to Special Forces? that way, when our groups server isnt running, we would stop by and keep it populated with at least 10 people
4_Phucsache
Property of BF2s©
+112|6574|Brisbane Australia

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

QFE

Us Aussies are starved for servers as it is
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS

Jestar12345 wrote:

I'd play consistently on your server, just to get it Populated.....
But, I'd love an Aussie bf2s server, and I could get the Clan to come on.....
THA "apparently" has put up a watch-this-space notice about the Aus server.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard