eusgen
Nugget
+402|6802|Jupiter
Point>Aim>Shoot>Shoot again>Shoot again>Shoot again>Shoot again>reload>repeat.
Deaths_Sandman
WOoKie
+6|6513|Florida, USA
Is this before or after you make an emo littered video claiming your greatness?
Aphex_D
I live for the 306
+26|6651|Uk
Featured Posts Tbh
Kontrolfreq
+50|6614|Cambridge UK
Oooo another Sniper guide! Just what this place needs.................... <yawn> WHY?
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6536|Singapore
click, CTRL+A, CTRL+C, CTRL+V and poof a guide is done
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6529|Adelaide, South Australia

i'm probably one of the few snipers you'll see anywhere near a flag. the ultimate spawn-clearing weapon is the sniper rifle. gimme a M24/L96A1, a Pistol and a Knife, and that flag is as good as capped.

also, who camps anymore? im always ground-pounding (with my rifle) and i'm pulling 46% accuracy with it. i win the majority of my fights with my sniper rifle and pistol combo. plus, theres nothing funnier than wasting 6 guys in close combat and seeing the replys in the chatbox

if you see me in a server, think twice about peeking over that crate.
Sambuccashake
+126|6620|Sweden
@Fenris_GreyClaw
If you encounter two enemies at a flag, I doubt you'll drop more than one unless they're blind or idling.
Granted, a quick m24 shot to the head leaves you with one opponent but I'm pretty sure he will fill you full of lead before you've drawn your pistol. And even if you DO manage to whip your pistol out it's a pretty uneven fight. (Again, unless the player you're battling is a complete muppet)

But if you do, then cudos to you! (Hey, that rhymes!)
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6556|Doncaster, UK
Muppet reporting for duty SAH!
Sambuccashake
+126|6620|Sweden

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Muppet reporting for duty SAH!
Hehehe!
+1 for you my good muppet! 
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6590
How to be a sniper: 

1.  Lay down in one place, looking in one direction.

2.  Wait for the car to land on your gourd.

3.  If car misses, wait for the cold steel in your poop chute.

4.  Shout obscenities while my sack plops up and down on your tard carcass.

5.  Repeat.
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6685|Moscow, Russia
XII. How much sniper guides suck [HMSGS]
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6637|Warlord

Snipingruven wrote:

Best way to be a good sniper, is to put ur sac in ur old lady's purse, put your clays out and put ur head between your legs, and pray you dont piss yourself when the Fightin Men come looking for you.
Spoken by someone who obviously is such an expert on the subject.

imdead wrote:

Eh..snipers... Heres my guide:
What class (or vehicle) do you play most?

imdead wrote:

3) Rule COde 1.35- Basic Sniping: Point Shoot.. no skill involved here.
Yeah, whatever. Automatic weapon: no skill involved. Jet bombing run: no skill. APC/tank: no skill involved. That makes four statements that don't hold water.

imdead wrote:

5) Rule Code 2.39- Advanced Sniping: Capture flags assholes. This is strictly for the elite, I call it running with the wolves, not many snipers do this and they think they are good, ha, think again, I can hit an already hurt pixel and say Im the best also. Snipers are for kids.
Let's see you do it. Seriously: put your money where your mouth is and run unarmoured with a single-shot rifle into a sea of automatic weapons and let's see how you do.

Sambuccashake wrote:

@Fenris_GreyClaw
If you encounter two enemies at a flag, I doubt you'll drop more than one unless they're blind or idling.
That is likely in many cases but three words: BVR
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6762|Toronto, ON
Or you could just read my guide and become a sniper close to my calibre:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=28306

Some other critically acclaimed stuff I've written:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=20346

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=16531
Alpha as fuck.
aqempty
+6|6516|international waters
bah this is a guide for sniping for 20 points in a round the people who get a sniper kit is for kill 3 with the rifle 1 with a pistol and 20 with clays and grenades
Drexor
+33|6623|Denmark
great job dude.... you can be proud of your work.

1+ for you
MoChief
+67|6612
Err... I may be off base here, but I think snipers are pretty good for capping flags.  Well, if they're lightly guarded.  If you have 5-10 guys spawning there, that'll be tough.

First, you shoot from medium/long range the hoser hanging out at the flag.  Then you rush in, place a claymore on each side of you.  Go prone, pull out pistol and hide.  Occasionally I'll lob grenades at other possible spots enemies may appear (but at the risk of giving away my hiding spot).

Am I missing something?  Snipers are great for capping flags.

Shame on snipers that don't do this.
aqempty
second bah a sniper is useless for teamplay and capping flags the only help u have to capture one flag are 2 claymore, useless agaisnt vehicles or when there are more than 2 enemys attaking buy different ways.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6637|Warlord

MoChief wrote:

Err... I may be off base here, but I think snipers are pretty good for capping flags.  Well, if they're lightly guarded.  If you have 5-10 guys spawning there, that'll be tough.
Be tough for a support guy too

MoChief wrote:

First, you shoot from medium/long range the hoser hanging out at the flag.  Then you rush in, place a claymore on each side of you.  Go prone, pull out pistol and hide.  Occasionally I'll lob grenades at other possible spots enemies may appear (but at the risk of giving away my hiding spot).

Am I missing something?  Snipers are great for capping flags.
Nope. The guys who go on about how useless snipers are are 1, usually crap with the kit and automatically assume that means nobody could do better and/or 2, have just been unlucky enough never to have been in a server where a good sniper or two hang out (or have just never noticed, which is probably more likely given the law of averages).

MoChief wrote:

Shame on snipers that don't do this.
Aye.

aqempty wrote:

second bah a sniper is useless for teamplay
You need to read more threads. Here, let me help:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=32343
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=32972
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=33914
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=32194

Getting 20 kills and only dying twice isn't good for the team? Getting 9 or 10 kill assists isn't good for the team? Defending 5 or more flags without being at them isn't good for the team? Oh okay, in that case medics and support are no use to the team either

aqempty wrote:

and capping flags the only help u have to capture one flag are 2 claymore, useless agaisnt vehicles or when there are more than 2 enemys attaking buy different ways.
Let's see you combat the first scenario yourself as assault if the vehicle is a tank or APC, the second as a medic, AT or engineer; wouldn't be cake for a support player either.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

Hey Todd....you have to admit sniper is the easiest class to play.  I don't mean easy as in no skill, but it is a lot more "peaceful" and you do not die nearly as much.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6788
yes, im one of those useless sniper that dont help the team i only do things that will help ME such as kill the most of enemies i can w8 a sec, everyone does that.

by the way i play as sniper the way i want it (even at close combat) and i dont care what ppl says
aqempty
yawn i did some tries with sniper kit in karkand
1.-only claymores neither grenades pistols knife etc 31 kills 4 deaths 7 flag defense(the problem was return for more ammo)
2.-grenades and claymores only 42 kills 6 deaths 8 flag defense 4 kill assist
3.- all 55 kills 10 deaths 6 flag defense 8 kill assist
so if i say is useless for teamplay is because a sniper dont have wearpons to have a short range combat without being a spawnclaymorer for capturing flags.

basic teamplay: get flags help to take out tanks choppers and planes

Last edited by aqempty (2006-07-11 15:02:50)

Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6637|Warlord

usmarine2005 wrote:

Hey Todd....you have to admit sniper is the easiest class to play.  I don't mean easy as in no skill, but it is a lot more "peaceful" and you do not die nearly as much.
I know what you mean and in some ways it is the easiest (is for me certainly) but peaceful? Not usually.

aqempty wrote:

yawn i did some tries with sniper kit in karkand
Well that was your first mistake.

aqempty wrote:

basic teamplay: get flags help to take out tanks choppers and planes
I know there's a language problem here but snipers can cap flags just like any other classes when on foot. Ideally we should cap flags as part of a squad anyway, but if you have to do it solo then in certain circumstances the sniper class can do it better than others.

As for taking out tanks, choppers and planes would you like to explain how exactly medic or assault take them out, other than the same way that a sniper would (we'll forget for a moment that a sniper can theoretically shoot the pilot of a chopper since it's so rare)? What most infantry do when a tank is nearby is run and hide. Unless you're spec ops, engineer and AT that's pretty much the only thing you can do, so your arguments are just not making sense.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6529|Adelaide, South Australia

holy crap Todd , i bow down to your fantastic arguments! youre probably one of few people that can grab a sniper kit and win the match for the team (Well, you me and Nyte )
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

To Todd_Angelo :  If it is not peaceful, then you are not truly sniping.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6637|Warlord

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

holy crap Todd , i bow down to your fantastic arguments!
Thanks. Rhetoric + logic: an unbeatable combo... kinda like claymores and a sniper rifle really

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

...youre probably one of few people that can grab a sniper kit and win the match for the team (Well, you me and Nyte )
Appreciate it but not quite; I do my best to help though.

usmarine2005 wrote:

To Todd_Angelo :  If it is not peaceful, then you are not truly sniping.
LOL

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard