VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

Uzique wrote:

it's the way that all stouts should be served, really.
So basically....
Exactly like I said, and Guinness being the only beer that has special serving instructions just for it is bullshit marketing and you basically serve it the same way as all other beers of the same kind.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
im not sure you could find me a bar outside of ireland that has two dark stouts on draught/tap... so no, it's not marketing bullshit.

for all extensive purposes, for bar-staff, guinness has different 'serving instructions'. ive refused/given pints back that have been poured wrong before. it tastes shite.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
vv we're honestly not making this up. it s a different drink when served properly/in ireland
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

I'm drinking a black cherry mikes hard lemonade.

I'm such a bad ass
VicktorVauhn

Uzique wrote:

im not sure you could find me a bar outside of ireland that has two dark stouts on draught/tap... so no, it's not marketing bullshit.

for all extensive purposes, for bar-staff, guinness has different 'serving instructions'. ive refused/given pints back that have been poured wrong before. it tastes shite.
Bar staff being too shitty to know how to serve a certain kind of beer does not mean that Guinness has special instructions.

Jesus how are you guys still fighting me on this?
The fact are:

Guinness is enjoyable

Guinness at least in the US has a very light flavor like water.

Guinness has slightly more alcohol then water.

Guinness is insanely over rated by people who drink it because its a light tasting beer that is easy for even children to drink and has little enough alcohol that they can talk about how many of their hard core beers they have drank.

And that is about all there is to say, so I will leave it at that.

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2010-08-16 14:57:45)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK
it all tastes the same to me.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6493

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Bar staff being too shitty to know how to serve a certain kind of beer does not mean that Guinness has special instructions.

Jesus how are you guys still fighting me on this?
The fact are:

Guinness is enjoyable

Guinness at least in the US has a very light flavor like water.

Guinness has slightly more alcohol then water.

Guinness is insanely over rated by people who drink it because its a light tasting beer that is easy for even children to drink and has little enough alcohol that they can talk about how many of their hard core beers they have drank.
church
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
hhahaha vicktor you don't have a fucking clue

and that lame attempt at an 'insult' in the end is just poor effort. how many beers they have drank? ARE YOU FUCKING LISTENING?

proper guinness... you can have like 4 pints top. then you're FULL-UP. screw drunkenness, you're FULL. F U L L . is that getting through?

i drink a wide-range of 'beer drinker's beers', mostly india pale ales, and don't need to drink guinness to 'brag' about anything.

the question is more like: JESUS, are you still arguing with people that have been to ireland and drank guinness with your american-import can knowledge? get out
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
Downed 5 caribs this afternoon, such a rude boi.
I know fucking karate
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
*live in ireland travel extensively am drunk
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
VicktorVauhn

Uzique wrote:

hhahaha vicktor you don't have a fucking clue

and that lame attempt at an 'insult' in the end is just poor effort. how many beers they have drank? ARE YOU FUCKING LISTENING?

proper guinness... you can have like 4 pints top. then you're FULL-UP. screw drunkenness, you're FULL. F U L L . is that getting through?

i drink a wide-range of 'beer drinker's beers', mostly india pale ales, and don't need to drink guinness to 'brag' about anything.

the question is more like: JESUS, are you still arguing with people that have been to ireland and drank guinness with your american-import can knowledge? get out
Uzique....
What the fuck are you babbling about? What insult, what can?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
Anywho lets move on from my favourite tipple...can we open this up to all alcohol or do we already have one of those threads?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6416|Amsterdam‫
Duvel FTW

but im having a Heineken atm
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
GR34
+215|6515|ALBERTA> CANADA
Guinness Personal favorite Then Rickard's dark/ Red Amber Ale next would be Stella then kokanee. MY cheap bear is Lucky Luger or Keystone light.

Is Guinness stronger in Ireland? cause here is 4.5%

Last edited by GR34 (2010-08-16 16:23:37)

menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6416|Amsterdam‫
i have a special export guinness here  it is 8%
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
red stripe, mon!

https://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/r/red_stripe-10302.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

had one of these tonight. Not what you think of when getting a beer (i.e. no hoppiness), tasty, but on the sweet side.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England
That picture made me thirsty.
EDIT- The RedStripe I mean.

Last edited by JakAttaK (2010-08-16 17:52:08)

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6603

yeah probably one of my favourite lagers, been drinking it since i was a young'un
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6538|NYC / Hamburg

https://www.sengers.ch/themen/bier/adler-braeu/DSC_3507.jpg
The only swiss beer worth anything. Baarer Bier - Bügel Spez
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
m8 you'd get your ed kicked in drinking beer from a glass like that in england
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Uzique wrote:

I'm not going to quote your earlier posts but you were spot on. It takes about five minutes to properly serve a pint of Guinness. I worked in an Irish pub as a bartender for a year and the holy grail of my training session centered around how to properly pour a pint (this is leaving aside the whole making a shamrock in the head part ). I've had a good two hundred different types of beer in my life, including the aforementioned Arrogant Bastard (the current restaurant I work at has it on the menu) and Guinness is an entirely unique beer.

I think the idiot is equating the difficulty of drinking a certain beer with its hoppiness rather than its thickness. Yes, ultra hopped beers are difficult to put down, but that's mostly because they are vile.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
max
Vela Incident

Uzique wrote:

m8 you'd get your ed kicked in drinking beer from a glass like that in england
yeah, it looks horrid. I have no idea who thought it was a good idea to advertise with that. At least use a clean glass where the foam doesn't instantly collapse.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

max wrote:

http://www.sengers.ch/themen/bier/adler … C_3507.jpg
The only swiss beer worth anything. Baarer Bier - Bügel Spez
Too much French influence in Switzerland apparently... that 'beer' looks like champagne.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
max
Vela Incident

yeh yeh, shitty picture. Fucking swiss, don't even know how to pour a decent glass.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard