- Much better looking. Prettier. Gore. Zombies that react properly to gunshots. More effects.
- Melee weapons. Sweeeeet. From the few available in the demo (frying pan, machete, guitar, baton) they all have different strengths and weaknesses and are all slightly different.
- New pistol(s?). Magnum. Oh my sweet lord, I love it. It's what the ambassador never was. Powerful, deadly.
- New weapons (from what was avail in demo). Another version of the shottie. Couldn't much tell the difference from the pump. New sniper rifle, felt similar to the hunting rifle. AK - slowish rate of fire but powerful and fun. Silenced SMG - well, pretty much like the SMG from L4d with a silencer strapped on. From the new weapons available in the demo, I feel that they should have diversified the guns a little bit more. The new sniper rifle has the same sounds at the hunting rifle.
- New "items". Boomer bile = sex. Threw it on a tank, lulz ensued. Very useful. Adrenaline. Very nice in a tight spot, lets you do a lot of stuff quickly. Effects wear off after 10 or so seconds. Replaces pills. Defibs - scarce but very useful as well. Doesn't take too long to defib someone.
- New special infected. Wow, VS is going to be so much fun. The spitter is downright nasty on expert if she catches you by surprised, and sometimes uses area denial which forces you to either stop and fight or run through and lose health. Great mechanic. Charger - very cool, painful. Has a smoker-like mechanic of taking someone far away from other survivors, real nasty if they catch a loner. Jockeys are very small on screen until they hop on someone, which is neat. They're hard to kill before they find a "ride", but not too difficult after that. Witches now roam, and otherwise about the same. There's female boomers (and smokers?), too. All of them got a cosmetic touch-up, looks great.
- Maps. The two maps of the first campaign were kind of short, which was sad. Perhaps it was just the first one that was short. Hopefully the rest of them are a bit longer. I like the style, and that it's not always just pitch black.
- Assorted. AI director got much smarter. In expert they'll throw 3 or even 4 special infected at you at the same time. It sucks balls to be hit by a charger while trying to take out a tank, and then the next second you're covered in boomer bile. Really forces teamwork and cooperation. It seems like there's a few more hordes that pop in and out, and larger groups of zombies that just stand around. You can either take chances of being hit or waste a pipe bomb/molotov. The armored zombies are a great addition too, they really mess up the corner - shoot at head level - push back - reload - shoot - repeat cycle that seems to happen when fighting normal zombies. You have to hit them in the legs, back, or hit them with certain melees such as the frying pan. The machete apparently won't go through their body armor. Push back/gun melee timer - ehh. I suppose it's just a visual change from l4d. There's also a crosshair that appears on special infected when they have your teammates, and also on the back of those armored zombies. A good helper I think.
Will format if I get the time.