Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6520|775

Greetings all!

I logged on to Steam this morning only to discover L4D2 has a 10% off Pre-Order sale.

Here are the details:

10% off the price of the game
Early access to the demo (Oct 27th)
Exclusive in-game item (American Baseball Bat)
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6241
Pass.

When (if) they fix Left 4 Dead 1, I will consider buying the sequel. Not before.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6713|FUCK UBISOFT

definitely not going to spend $45 on it.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6636|NT, like Mick Dundee

Gg Turtle Rock, gg.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Demos shouldn't be a reward for buying they should be a tool you can use to decide if you want to buy the game in the first place.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6516

Ty wrote:

Demos shouldn't be a reward for buying they should be a tool you can use to decide if you want to buy the game in the first place.
L4D1's content updates shouldn't have been turned into another $50 game either but greed flawed logic prevails as usual.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6687
I hope they added more Zombie killing in version 2
Love is the answer
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Thank god I only paid $25 for the first one. I'm definitely not as bitter as other people

However, I'm going to pass on L4D2. I imagine it's more of the same, which would be fine. Just not at that absurd price.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6241

Ty wrote:

Thea early access to the demo for Left 4 Dead 1 was basically a closed beta. At first the 'pre-order demo' was a complete mess of disconnections and compatability problems, many of which were ironed out before the public demo (and considering the current state of the game, you can imagine just how bad it was if 'most' of it was ironed out back then).

I'm sure it'll be the same here. No need to get up in arms. You don't want to play the pre-order demo.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

pass, maybe ill buy it when its 50% off...
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

Banned here anyway.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6591|Mhz

<£3 off and a re-skinned weapon I can do for myself. I'll wait til its a tenner...
baggs
+732|6175
I was more disappointed with L4D than what i was with FC2. Those two games alone have restricted me from buying other games through fear of being equally disappointed. I now just stick with what i know, WoW and BF2.

I really struggle to see how they can make sequal, after what? A year after L4D was released? And how do you insert more content? How the fuck?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

some_random_panda wrote:

Banned here anyway.
Yeah just cause we can still buy it on Steam doesn't mean anyone else will, nor do we know if GameArena is even allowed to host here.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6520|775

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

L4D1's content updates shouldn't have been turned into another $50 game either but greed flawed logic prevails as usual.
L4D's content updates have always been free.

Ty wrote:

I agree, but I am happy to get at least $5 off the sequel.

baggs wrote:

I was more disappointed with L4D than what i was with FC2. Those two games alone have restricted me from buying other games through fear of being equally disappointed. I now just stick with what i know, WoW and BF2.
Personally, I hate the Farcry series. The only reason I even got FC2 was because it came for FREE with my GTX 260 along with 2 other games. How can you even compare L4D to that? L4D has been the best zombie game in years since the Resident Evil series. I like the old RE story lines better, but the coop game play along with the Vs and Survival modes has turned L4D into my favorite zombie game.

Honestly, WoW sucks... get over it people. I think you stick to WoW and BF2 because you get your butt kicked in any other multiplayer game and can't handle the competition.

Last edited by Guardian_Ekim (2009-10-03 09:14:09)

edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5369|USA
I'll wait till it's 50% off.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

Guardian_Ekim wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about.

L4D was supposed to get plenty of new stuff. Then they figured that they could sell all that as a new game.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624

NooBesT wrote:

Then they figured that they could sell all that as a new game.
I'LL TAKE TWENTY
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

NooBesT wrote:

Guardian_Ekim wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

L4D was supposed to get plenty of new stuff. Then they figured that they could sell all that as a new game.
The official word is that they figured that L4D1 could be improved in so many ways and that in the current format it was too difficult to just add content TF2 style so a new title was needed. I'm leaning towards believing this verison of events but that doesn't mean I'm any more happy about it.

There's no point in me buying anyway, I won't be around much after November 22 until about April/May.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA

Guardian_Ekim wrote:

Honestly, WoW sucks... get over it people. I think you stick to WoW and BF2 because you get your butt kicked in any other multiplayer game and can't handle the competition.
LOL, this guy is funny.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

Cheez wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Banned here anyway.
Yeah just cause we can still buy it on Steam doesn't mean anyone else will, nor do we know if GameArena is even allowed to host here.
The pre-order button also doesn't appear for us.  I'm guessing it never will unless Valve changes the content (unlikely).

Last edited by some_random_panda (2009-10-03 22:21:14)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

Ty wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

Guardian_Ekim wrote:

The official word is that they figured that L4D1 could be improved in so many ways and that in the current format it was too difficult to just add content TF2 style so a new title was needed.
The thing is L4D2 does not look to have much improvements over 1
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6516

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Ty wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

The official word is that they figured that L4D1 could be improved in so many ways and that in the current format it was too difficult to just add content TF2 style so a new title was needed.
The thing is L4D2 does not look to have much improvements over 1
I can believe the AI Director 2.0 can't be patched in easily bit, but other than that I think they are full of shit. Guns, skins, campaigns, infected, etc can all be added with minimal effort. I was looking forward to at least some new, decent campaigns and maybe some new guns but we ended up with survival mode and crash course which are trash imo. Full priced beta test.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6323|Troy, New York

mtb0minime wrote:

Thank god I only paid $25 for the first one. I'm definitely not as bitter as other people

However, I'm going to pass on L4D2. I imagine it's more of the same, which would be fine. Just not at that absurd price.
Same here, really glad I nabbed it for 25. Was a fair price for what I got.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
Mircosoft doesn't take kindly to free content updates.

That's why there's a sequel.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard