Far Cry Deuce: Worth Buying?

Aye22%22% - 9
Nay55%55% - 22
Rent it foo22%22% - 9
Total: 40
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6638|New Hampshire, USA
I was going to buy this when it came out but i just didn't have the money.  Now, with all the far cry threads going around, I'm deciding on getting it again (only 20 bucks now).  By my standards it looks like a visually pleasing game (i've never played cysis and never will as my PC blows) and the gun play looks fun.  I've just heard that it's really repetetive and buggy.  Do these things bog it down so much that it's not worth buying?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5985|Blue Mountain State
i got it for the ps3 when it came out. i like it.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Longbow
+163|6654|Odessa, Ukraine
It wasn't buggy for me, but repetetive - hell yeah. All in all, it was quite fun for 5-10 hours, but I completed the game only to get access to all weaponry as I wanted to try it out. Weapons are well done, as are vehicles. But the game has zero replayability as after you completed it once and tried out all guns you wont want to play it again.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6749|FUCK UBISOFT

"all the far cry threads going around" are 1 thread posted by one of the forum retards.

Far Cry 2 is probably one of my top 3 worst games of all time. It's boring, has no plot or diversity in gameplay, and all in all is pretty much a shoot em up game where most of the time you're walking or driving in a huge but linear open world whilst dying of malaria.

In short, knowing you, buy it.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6638|New Hampshire, USA

Miggle wrote:

In short, knowing you, buy it.
Miggles, without your constant guidance I'd be lost
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York
It's not the worst game of all time but it's pretty bad.

Don't do it.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6160|what

The gameplay was a huge let down. The missions were of 3 basic types and you felt like an errand boy running from one end of the jungle to another repeating the same shit.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5757|شمال
Aye
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6334|Australia
It's terrible. Enemies which respawn after 30 seconds, constant malaria attacks, poor vehicles, poorly balanced weapons, repetitive missions, and so forth create for an unpleasant and frustrating experience.
Though if you must see it for yourself, rent it.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6160|what

Oh did I mention the gun jams?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6787|Great Brown North
rent
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6519|Gold Coast
It also takes 30 rounds to kill an African.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Longbow
+163|6654|Odessa, Ukraine

KuSTaV wrote:

You fail at shooting mate.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6360|Troy, New York
I wouldn't. got bored of it quick.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5796|Catherine Black

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

It's terrible. Enemies which respawn after 30 seconds, constant malaria attacks, poor vehicles, poorly balanced weapons, repetitive missions, and so forth create for an unpleasant and frustrating experience.
The enemies only respawn quickly on the console version, due to lack of RAM, the world gets refreshed everytime it goes out of sight. On the PC version I can ditch a car, come back 2 hours later and it'll still be there. Constant malaria attacks? You mean 1 every hour? Oh my god, you have to press H once. /care. I will agree with the vehicles, they're a bit of a letdown. 60mp/h max? Ghey. I thought the weapons are pretty well balanced, the AK does high damage, has massive recoil and poor accuracy - pretty lifelike, and that's just one example. I don't see why everyone is calling it repetative, you get assasination missions, missions where you have to blow shit up, and if you couple these missions with buddy sidetracks then they just get more diverse.

AussieReaper wrote:

The guns only jam if you pick up ones from dead enemies. The ones you get at a dealer have lower recoil and don't jam.

KuSTaV wrote:

You suck @ aiming. One shot to the head from any weapon is a kill.

Oh yeah my opinion. It's a fantastic game. GTA 4 with better graphics in Africa. Don't get it for the multiplayer though, cause all you'll find there is retards walking around with the .50 cal sniper hipspraying when anyone comes close.

Last edited by Finray (2009-09-20 05:01:57)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6452|The Land of Scott Walker
What about multi?  Couple friends have said that's fun.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Stingray24 wrote:

Multiplayer sucks arse unfortunatly.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6787|Great Brown North

Finray wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Multiplayer sucks arse unfortunatly.
other than the .50 you get the mg spraying and the grenade launcher... you have the odd good round where people arent assholes, but they're pretty few and far between in my experience
OmniDeath
~
+726|6651

Finray wrote:

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

The enemies only respawn quickly on the console version, due to lack of RAM, the world gets refreshed everytime it goes out of sight. .
Not true. I have the PC version and had plenty of RAM (8GB) and as soon as I was out of sight of an outpost all the enemies would respawn. Sure, any vehicles would remain, but the enemies would respawn almost immediately.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6476

If you really really really liked doing the same missions again and again in Assassin's Creed, don't get Far Cry 2 because it's worse. By a lot.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6277
I played Far Cry 2 for about 4-6 hours before I was totally and utterly bored of it, and never played it again. It seems like what could have been an amazing game was turned into a terrible one by a few critical design choices. Awful gunplay (why does it take so many bullets to kill an unarmoured man?), every single person you meet in the open world seems to want to kill you for no reason, and respawn as soon as you're out of sight pretty much. There also seems to be a total of about 4-5 different missions that you do over and over again.

It was just rubbish. Which is a shame because it looks like they put a lot of thought into the world.

Voted absolutely not. It's that bad.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-09-20 08:48:38)

Commie Killer
+192|6394
Bought it when it first came out, played it till it was about 25% completed, hated it, quit, came back like a month ago and had fun. Fooling around with different kits and doing this missions the first time is fun. If you wanna search for diamonds though, wait till the end, going through the same area more then a couple times gets boring. Buses help out, helps you avoid a lot of the guard posts. Never finished it, half way through the heart of darkness your weapons will all fail and you'll get stuck with what ever POS you can pick off the dead. Game will blow 20-40 hours of your time depending on how you play it.

On the bad side though, ceasefire zones suck, even if you use a suppressed weapon in them, and shoot from a spot where no one can see you or the guy you shot, everyone will still open up at you. Suppressed weapons are also useless, everyone knows where you are after the first shot no matter what. Dudes can take like 8 shots to the chest so head shots are required. Guns are pretty accurate (with the upgrade), and recoil is pretty low, so its not to hard to get them. Guns are repetitive though. Between the G3A3 and the AK47 there is virtually no difference in accuracy, damage, recoil. MP5 and FN FAL and .50 cal sniper take the same ammo. Springfield rifle and .50 cal sniper are pretty much the same weapon reskinned.  Missions are fun if stupid(destroy a truck full of malaria meds while your dieing from it), and there are always a few ways to go about them, at least at the start, but towards the end your gonna end up just running and gunning. Three types of missions, assassinate some guy standing in the street for no reason at all, blow up a arms convoy that is traveling in a circle on the opposite side of the map that you are on, or the story missions, these vary, and are actually semi entertaining. And the guard posts, almost forgot those, 3-8 dudes who will shoot at you no matter what, even if you are their ally at that time, then follow you if you try running away, you can kill try killing them, but they will be back in 5 min.
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5406|USA
When in doubt, rent that shit.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Commie Killer wrote:

On the bad side though, ceasefire zones suck, even if you use a suppressed weapon in them, and shoot from a spot where no one can see you or the guy you shot, everyone will still open up at you.
I unload my Deagle into explosive barrels for teh lulz in cease fires and nobody cares. It's only if you actually hit someone that they will come after you.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6749|FUCK UBISOFT

Finray wrote:

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

The enemies only respawn quickly on the console version, due to lack of RAM, the world gets refreshed everytime it goes out of sight. On the PC version I can ditch a car, come back 2 hours later and it'll still be there.
Nobody is arguing that the car will stay there, but I've had enemies respawn in a camp while I was fighting there.

Also your RAM explanation is lulz worthy.

Finray wrote:

Constant malaria attacks? You mean 1 every hour? Oh my god, you have to press H once. /care.
Well, what's the point? Why do we even have to deal with it? Why did they have to put it into the game?

Finray wrote:

I don't see why everyone is calling it repetative, you get assasination missions, missions where you have to blow shit up, and if you couple these missions with buddy sidetracks then they just get more diverse.
The missions are all:
1. Go to this place
2. Kill Everyone.

Fagray wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

The guns only jam if you pick up ones from dead enemies. The ones you get at a dealer have lower recoil and don't jam.
Not True.

Finray wrote:

Oh yeah my opinion. It's a fantastic game. GTA 4 with better graphics in Africa. Don't get it for the multiplayer though, cause all you'll find there is retards walking around with the .50 cal sniper hipspraying when anyone comes close.
How is it even comparable to GTA4? GTA4 had a plotline, loads more diverstiy in missions, and it was actually fun to free roam.

In "Far Cry" 2 there was not only nothing to do when you free roam (diamonds were a huge waste of time) but when you free roam everybody everywhere wants to kill you. I was once walking down the side of the road when a random guy tried to swerve his car into me.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard