Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news … -Soon.html

In a video podcast over at Kotaku, Chet Faliszek, one of Left 4 Dead's writers talked about the future for Left 4 Dead and more importantly, the game's upcoming downloadable content.

Faliszek stated that the DLC for both 360 and PC, which is set for a simultaneous release, will be announcd "shortly". Faliszek noted that if it hadn't have been for the holiday period, the announcement would likely have been made already.

The new DLC according to Faliszek is said to include new versus maps and "some new stuff". What the "new stuff" is, only time will tell, but we're praying for some more co-operative scenarios.
Any ideas to what it'll be? I mean, I'd expect new maps...but what kind? I'm thinking a mall for one (Dawn of the Dead ftw) and maybe a residential area.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6156|Vancouver | Canada
More Special Infected please.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

More weapons please
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5634|Southern California
About time!

Needs more weapons and special infected or this game will get old quick for me.

I shouldn't even complain I didn't even pay for the game.

Last edited by -MetaL* (2009-01-02 00:18:46)

rdx-fx
+955|6591
I hope it's a new weapon type.

Have tried all of the various weapons for a whole 'movie'.  Nothing beats the M-16 for usefulness.  M-16 does long range head shots, short range double-tap kills, fast mag switches during melee, and full-auto magazine dumps into Tanks.  Everything else does, at best, two or three of those four items.

They need something different for the other weapons to be truly useful, or a new weapon type.

Flamethrower, Fire Axe, .. something..
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

Autoshotgun does most damage to tank, devastating damage to normal zombies in short range, reloads niftily while meleeing. Pistols are for long range.

And you just about never run out of ammo with it, unlike with M16.

I think the Hunting rifle can't keep up to the level of the others but the others are quite good both.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-01-02 00:59:31)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
rdx-fx
+955|6591

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Autoshotgun does most damage to tank, devastating damage to normal zombies in short range, reloads niftily while meleeing. Pistols are for long range.

And you just about never run out of ammo with it, unlike with M16.

I think the Hunting rifle can't keep up to the level of the others but the others are quite good both.
Will give the auto shotgun another chance.

I've not run out of ammo with the M-16 personally.  Just disciplined fire, I guess.  2 shots, center mass, all non-special targets.
Would be really easy to just burn a magazine when a horde rush comes, though.
Kez
+778|5703|London, UK
New chapters please
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5753|Roma

DeathUnlimited wrote:

More weapons please
more maps plz!!!!
its so short to be honest.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Kez
+778|5703|London, UK
Oh, add a proper Server search too, I hate matchmaking. I know you can do it already by entering something into the console, but I want a proper one

Last edited by Kptk92 :D (2009-01-02 03:46:45)

Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6343

DeathUnlimited wrote:

More weapons please
and fix the smoker. srsly. It´s fucking gay.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Dookie0119
+43|5778
Thank god, there will actually be more maps to play versus on
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
Urgh I wish they wouldn't use the term 'DLC' with Valves stuff. It just makes it sound bad. Makes it sounds like its going to be charged for.

As for this, i'm expecting nothing but the new vs modes. He said they'd be announcing some new stuff soon, not that we'd be getting new stuff soon, so i'm not expecting anything. Remember how long the Medic update took? They said it'd be out by Christmas and it came out in April.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-01-02 06:54:46)

Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6402|dm_maidenhead
Why do valve have to take it in turns whether they are updating l4d or tf2, don't they have enough staff to work on both at the same time?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Urgh I wish they wouldn't use the term 'DLC' with Valves stuff. It just makes it sound bad. Makes it sounds like its going to be charged for.

As for this, i'm expecting nothing but the new vs modes. He said they'd be announcing some new stuff soon, not that we'd be getting new stuff soon, so i'm not expecting anything. Remember how long the Medic update took? They said it'd be out by Christmas and it came out in April.
That's what I thought. If it just gets patched in like TF2 it'll be good. DLC makes it sound like it's optional, like only those willing to pay will get it.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Stimey
­
+786|6120|Ontario | Canada

Kptk92 wrote:

Oh, add a proper Server search too, I hate matchmaking. I know you can do it already by entering something into the console, but I want a proper one
bind F12 "openserverbrowser"

FUCK YEAR!
Hopefully the SDK will come out so people will start creating their own maps.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Kez
+778|5703|London, UK
Ha my pikey mates will most likely have to fork out for the DLC on their precious Xbox 360 copy of Left 4 Dead, whereas I will get it for free (hopefully)
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468

Kptk92 wrote:

Ha my pikey mates will most likely have to fork out for the DLC on their precious Xbox 360 copy of Left 4 Dead, whereas I will get it for free (hopefully)
Valve have never charged for minor updates that should be free.

I don't think anyone has done it on the PC really.

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2009-01-02 15:08:35)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

And they'd better not start.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
BF2 booster packs?

as for

Peter wrote:

Why do valve have to take it in turns whether they are updating l4d or tf2, don't they have enough staff to work on both at the same time?
Yeah they have completely seperate teams working on each game. Constantly working on them both.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

BF2 booster packs?

as for

Peter wrote:

Yeah they have completely seperate teams working on each game. Constantly working on them both.
The BF2 packs had shit loads of content. I'm talkin' $10 for 3 or 4 new maps.
Kez
+778|5703|London, UK

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

I'm on about the 360.

Valve are finishing up all of the class updates in 2008 to be released on the 360 version this year as well as the L4D DLC. Even if they don't want to charge for it, I'm sure Microsoft will want something out of it.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6546
Noob tube plz.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6343

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Noob tube plz.
lawls, that would be the shit!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg