twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6198
Right ive installed Windows 7 on another hdd. I can view all files on C: which is where Vista 64 resides.

BF2 and all mods are installed on vista, im trying to install bf2 on 7 but ive lost my manual which has my cd key on the back.

Is there a way i can find out what my cd key is from somewhere within the EA GAMES folder using notepad, or possible using regedit whilst using vista as my OS ?

then write it down and use it to install my bf2 on windows 7 ?

thanks
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6277|eng
I don't think there is, I would have thought you would need to input one before one is displayed in game files.

I did have a spare one a couple months ago, you coulda had it if I hadn't given it to fazz.

(You can buy one from a certain website for about $8, I think.)
#rekt
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6454|cuntshitlake

There was a way to dig it from registry until they fixed it to be be hashed instead. Not possible anymore.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6478|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
If you have registered the game with EA you can try and get it from them. If not, the only way you are getting it is hacks.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6344|Troy, New York
You can get your key out of registry (im on vista and Have done before)
Go to : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Electronic Arts > EA Games > Battlefield 2 > ergc > Then click on (Default) type REG_SZ - that value is your cd key.
Just used this the other day.

Last edited by h4hagen (2008-12-31 10:48:06)

twoblacklines
+49|6198
not if its 1.41 patched, which is it, then its encrypted. Im suprised it cant be decrypted though.

I am registered with EA and you can find it on their site when you log in. But they tell me they changed from usernames to email addresses. they told me through emails my email addy is x and my password is why, but when i insert x and y they tell me im using the wrong password or email. /fail.

EA SUCK (as usual)
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)

twoblacklines wrote:

Is there a way i can...

...write it down...?
Yeah, it's called a pencil. Or you may know it as a crayon.

twoblacklines wrote:

thanks
No probs. Glad to help.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
JOKE!
twoblacklines
+49|6198
ummm yeah
JoshP
Banned
+176|5680|Notts, UK
methinks tbl is stalling his match with mint

next time don't lose the manual tbh
twoblacklines
+49|6198
im not stalling anything, all i have to do to play is reboot, select vista64 from the list, boot into vista and im ready.
twoblacklines
+49|6198
Found the manual today

why does patching take so damn long, it installed in about 3 minutes but so far the patch has been installing for 10 GRRRR
JoshP
Banned
+176|5680|Notts, UK

twoblacklines wrote:

Found the manual today

why does patching take so damn long, it installed in about 3 minutes but so far the patch has been installing for 10 GRRRR
back when i had 512 mb it took an hour and rendered the PC unusable for that hour

be thankful
benetti32
+3|5797|Czech Republic
It IS possible to get your key from EA (if you registered the game) - I discovered this after a hours of searching:

1. Go to http://www.ea.com/nation.jsp, click on "Get into the EA Nation" and click on "Log In"
2. New window with login boxes should appear, but typing my name and password here didn't work (for both opera and ie, the window just reloaded). If you will have same problem, log-in on https://profile.ea.com/ first and then open EA Nations again.
3. If you are successfully logged in, there won't be "Get into the EA Nation" button anymore, but there should be a grey trapezoid instead.
4. Click on it and select "My Account". You will be asked for your login and password again, click OK and then write your pass again .
5. Now click on "My Games" and woalaa - you see all your games and CD-keys

P.S.: If you want to put and encrypt your CD-Key in registry and so protect it from copying, instead of installing whole patch you can use Battlefield CD Key Manager from pbbans.com (you need to be logged in to download it from pbbans, so i reuploaded it on rapid) PREVIEW
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6360
don't forget to keep your x9223 before the reg string of your key!
Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6684|Brunei Darussalam

I just dont get it. How ppl can lose their manuals? It stays right in where it is supposed to be, inside the dvd cover.

In Freezers case i understand it, guy is living in a junkyard, where you can easily lose a neon colored elephant.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6642|USA
Ok I have a question.

I have 2 laptops with Vista on them. I bought 2 copies of BF2 complete collection. After installing, the PC's can not log into the same server at the same time. Only one PC at a time can log into the server. The error message is "CD Key invalid".  Anyone have any ideas?

They are on a wireless router if that matters
JoshP
Banned
+176|5680|Notts, UK

lowing wrote:

Ok I have a question.

I have 2 laptops with Vista on them. I bought 2 copies of BF2 complete collection. After installing, the PC's can not log into the same server at the same time. Only one PC at a time can log into the server. The error message is "CD Key invalid".  Anyone have any ideas?

sounds like you used the same CD key on both

use one cd key on one pc and the other cd key on the other PC and you shouldn't have any problems

If you did do that, and you have the error, then maybe it's some funky shit with you having the same IP, but then that would mean that only one person from Qatar could play bf2 at once, so i doubt that
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6642|USA

JoshP wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ok I have a question.

use one cd key on one pc and the other cd key on the other PC and you shouldn't have any problems

If you did do that, and you have the error, then maybe it's some funky shit with you having the same IP, but then that would mean that only one person from Qatar could play bf2 at once, so i doubt that
Appreciate the help,

If that happened wouldn't I get error messages just from having the wrong CD in the PC? Or would it play anyway?
13/f/taiwan
+940|5690

lowing wrote:

JoshP wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ok I have a question.

Appreciate the help,

If that happened wouldn't I get error messages just from having the wrong CD in the PC? Or would it play anyway?
Actually if you used both keys at the same time the account you are using to log into the server with would disconnect the other account from the server.

E.g. I have two computers running bf2 with the same CD key and while one of the computers is being used to play bf2 on a server I attempt to login into that(or any other) bf2 it will disconnect the computer/account that was being used first from the server.

Your problem seems to be that you entered the CD key wrong.

Re-entering your CD key on both computers(via the registry files) should help fix your problem.

BATTLEFIELD 2 GUIDE

Click Start.
Go to Run.
Type regedit and hit OK button.
Click on plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Click on plus sign next to SOFTWARE.
Double click on Electronic Arts folder.
Double click on EA Games folder.
Double click on Battlefield 2 folder.
Double click on ergc folder.
Data displayed will probably have x9392 only.
Right click on it and select Modify.
Type in x9392 and then your CD key.
note: don’t include hyphens.

Example: x9392(your Battlefield 2 CD key here

http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-change-y … LISTINGS:5
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6642|USA

12/f/taiwan wrote:

lowing wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Appreciate the help,

Actually if you used both keys at the same time the account you are using to log into the server with would disconnect the other account from the server.

E.g. I have two computers running bf2 with the same CD key and while one of the computers is being used to play bf2 on a server I attempt to login into that(or any other) bf2 it will disconnect the computer/account that was being used first from the server.

Re-entering your CD key on both computers(via the registry files) should help fix your problem.

BATTLEFIELD 2 GUIDE

Click Start.
Go to Run.

Thanks,

There is no EA folder under software however
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6734|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
try a program called SIW , google it install it ,

there will be a list of utilities on the left hand side , one will show you every cd key of installed software on your machine Windows included.

hope it helps:)

it has lots of other very cool features as well

Last edited by GAIKIWARRIOR (2009-01-02 20:55:07)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5690

lowing wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

lowing wrote:

Appreciate the help,

BATTLEFIELD 2 GUIDE

Click Start.
Go to Run.

Thanks,

Weird. Perhaps a screen shot might help?
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6360

12/f/taiwan wrote:

lowing wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

BATTLEFIELD 2 GUIDE

Click Start.
Go to Run.

Thanks,

Weird. Perhaps a screen shot might help?
What kind of Bf2 version did you have

bf2 stand alone, deluxe, complete, etc?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6430|King Of The Islands

lowing wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

lowing wrote:

Appreciate the help,

BATTLEFIELD 2 GUIDE

Click Start.
Go to Run.

Thanks,

Make one.

btw, in Regedit a "folder" is called a "key".

btw, are you sure it's Electronic Arts and then EA Games? Seems a little redundant it seems.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard