Poll

how should attack choppers be modified according to you?

nothing at all theyre fine as they are.24%24% - 20
give them more maneuvrability6%6% - 5
they need more firepower!9%9% - 8
they should have more HP4%4% - 4
give them less manuevrability4%4% - 4
less firepower for sure10%10% - 9
theyre to hard to take down, less HP for you19%19% - 16
there should be more8%8% - 7
there should be less1%1% - 1
there should be none at all!9%9% - 8
Total: 82
Lordnazgul
+0|6694|holland
just wondered what you thought about this,give an answer and post your reason
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6757|mansfield
i think the choppers need 200 round instead of 14, i also think it should have more health so we chopper chores can last longer
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6723|Uhh... erm...
Lol, hurricane... imagine getting in the chopper and just shooting in the direction of the enemy base. Nice bit of sarcasm.
nexus3372
+1|6773
this game is semi-aimed at reality combat. I know for a fuckin fact that an Apache(bf2sf) has around 35-45 rockets on each wing. And that an Apache and a Chinese helo dont have the same amount firepower.
leetphoenix
+0|6694|Australia
I would really like to see the Chinese and MEC equivalents to be brought up to the level of the Black Hawk instead of degrading the Black Hawk

1st post, hi all ^^

Last edited by leetphoenix (2005-12-22 07:07:28)

Dr_3V|L
+51|6717|Twente, The Netherlands
Personally, I think they don't need to change the choppers. People are always bitching about the 'chopper whores' rampaging the game.
But there are many, many ways to get the irritant chopper out of the air. By manning AA guns. Using AA vehicles. Become AT kit and shoot them out of the air with your SRAW. Even manning a Humvee can have a major impact on a chopper.
But instead of doing that, people keep bitching and bitching. That's why EA makes the choppers weaker now. I don't agree with that, the teams should just put more effort in taking the chopper down.
I'm not speaking like this because I'm a 'chopper whore', I've hardly been in choppers.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6767|Nova Scotia, Canada

hurricane2oo5 wrote:

i think the choppers need 200 round instead of 14, i also think it should have more health so we chopper chores can last longer
Yes!
Lordnazgul
+0|6694|holland
oh sorry with an unclearness with the last three answers,i meant the number of choppers in maps.
PS:its a multiple choice poll.

Last edited by Lordnazgul (2005-12-22 09:56:52)

SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6813|Delaware
I think the glass should only be penetrable for enemies, as well as the helipad should keep the chopper 100% healed while landed no matter what.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6719|Debris From Space
They're fine the way they are, although it would be good to replace the TV missles with Laser Guided ones like in jets!
Lordnazgul
+0|6694|holland
SysTray good idea but if an afker would get in the pilot seat it would ruin the whole match.
oh and idiot of war i would hate to see the tv missiles replaced for they can be sent ahead to shoot things out of eye sight,and theyre highly damaging and controllable too.

Last edited by Lordnazgul (2005-12-22 10:27:51)

Sud
+0|6740
The first thing they should do before ANYTHING else is fix the frigging hitbox on choppers.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6812

nexus3372 wrote:

I know for a fuckin fact that an Apache(bf2sf) has around 35-45 rockets on each wing. And that an Apache and a Chinese helo dont have the same amount firepower.
"Limited information revealed on Internet has confirmed that the helicopter features a stepped tandem two-seat cockpit and narrow fuselage similar to Western designs. The helicopter has a five-blade main rotor and a four-blade tail rotor. The helicopter has a chin-mounted 30mm cannon and a pair of stub wings carrying ATGMs and/or other weapons. China is also said to have been developing the new HJ-10 ATGM comparable to the U.S. AGM-114 Hellfire for the WZ-10, but this cannot be confirmed."

the information currenetly available would seem to suggest that the chinese helo does indeed have the firepower of the apache.

http://sinodefence.com/airforce/helicopter/wz10.asp
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6831|Munich, Germany
imho the attack choppers are ok the way they are, though i like the idea of only 8 missles per load wich will make it more challenging.
but i dont think the attack choppers need less HP, when im fighting a chopper with a tank/AT kit/HMMV its mostly 1:1, means we kill each other every other try. but the BH should be weaker armored since i already had 3-4 tankshells into that thing and he was still able to flee (after patch 1.12).
priznat
+0|6839
I think choppers really need to be more susceptible to AA cannons on the linebacker/tunguska/etc. People seem to confuse "survivability" (being able to limp back to base with the crew alive) with the ability to just shrug off 30mm AA cannon fire. Just one good hit in a sensitive spot should ruin the heli crew's day.. It would make the pilots use the helis properly, as a stand-off support weapons platform. Make the pilots have to take cover behind buildings, trees, whatever. Helis are very powerful battlefield weapons for sure, but they are a lot more fragile than the game makes them out to be.

Heck, I remember seeing some news footage of some iraqi dudes bringing down an apache with some ancient bolt-action rifle. Perhaps some small random factor that each small-arms fire that hits it can knock something out important would be a nice addition to the game. Say a 3% chance each bullet that hits just might render it unflyable and it has to do an emergency landing. No explosion or anything, just it loses power and sets down or something. Then it is open season on the pilot(s)
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6829|Finland
More choppers but less manuevrability and health points = less whining guys for choppers and better for the pros.
BeforeGod
+0|6807|British Columbia
I voted none at all. Since that is a little bit to much wishful thinking I guess lower HP and fewer rockets should be an improvement.
Esker
+1|6719
I think the attack helicopters are they're fine as they are.

The transport helicopters are a different matter, the MEC and Chinese versions.... Well they could do chainguns like the blackhawk.

Then everyone wouldn't make a dash to the US side for Mashtur.
duckforceone
+3|6716|Denmark
i think they are way to unrealistically armored... when a full hit from a tank, cannot bring it down, while it can bring the tank down with one hit...

so i voted for a serious reduction in hp...
sheggalism
+16|6734|France
choppers with anti-aircrafts missiles instead of Tv-guided missiles in order to shot down transport ones ? or smaller attack helos like the RAH-66 Comanche or the OH-58D ?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

they need adjustable payload pylons, no more having to get at a 45 degree angle to hit the ground
Fo_Shizzle
+0|6699
well, i rekon that the minigun power could be increased....i mean. i can blast a FULL circle around an enemy and not even kill them, its not like the splash damage even gets them, im trying to hit a sniper on the ground and i cant even land a shot...sucks to the max....oh yeh, in the next patch, the amount of missles on the attack chopper is gonna be reduced from 14 to 8.....hope you attack chopper guys get used to it!!!
Grymlok
+0|6693
In my opinion, the thing that needs to change more about planes and choppers alike is not really their hp, loadouts, or handling.  The really retarded and completely unrealistic thing is the "fly back to base, hover 20 feet above the ground, be completely repaired and re-armed within 10 seconds" thing (or the "skim the runway at mach 0.7 and get re-armed/repaired").  Helicopters should have to *land* to get repaired/rearmed, and it should go as fast as a supply crate fixes you *at the fastest*.  I'm not sure if the code would allow it, but planes could have their yaw speed cranked up when on the ground, so they could land and then taxi a U-turn without having to relive Austin Powers trying to turn around. 

The point is to do 2 things:

1) Slow down chopper and plane offense.  Seriously, more time spent at base is less time racking up ridiculous kill totals, and anyone who thinks aircraft don't need a nerf go look up |ccc||PlaneWhore.

2) Give people a chance to take out aircraft.  This is especially necessary for planes, because if you're team lacks a good dogfighter and/or you're plane(s) get stolen, the sky is the limit for the enemy bombers (uh, no pun intended).

What I really like about this is that it indirectly gives love to the Engineer class, since landmines become sort of an Engineer Spec-Ops tool for taking down aircraft.  Of course, getting behind enemy lines as an engineer and staying alive should be a challenge...

One other change I think needs to be made is to make flares have a limited supply, and possibly take a bit longer to reload.  This basically reinforces the two points above, by forcing aircraft back to base more often and allowing AA to hit more often.

*edit* another more hardcore possibility (but something I doubt would ever get accepted by the pilot community) would be to make it so that aircraft can *only* be fixed by an engineer. If you think about it, it's kind of retarded that land vehicles can only be repaired by an engineer or a crate, but aircraft have their own little repair/rearm points.  Since aircraft are inately more powerful than land vehicles, shouldn't land vehicles get the added advantage of a repair point, instead of only pilots getting that benefit?

This point, combined with no infantry-carried AA, static AA points that are easily memorized and mowed down by pilots, insufficient number of mobile AA vehicles, terrible lock-on capability of AA missiles, unlimited countermeasure supply... the list goes on and on... it all adds up to seriously imbalanced ground vs. air gameplay.

Last edited by Grymlok (2005-12-23 21:49:26)

Esker
+1|6719
Really the AA is at fault, it's damn crap no one uses it. I for one just dive on a TOW and take out a chopper that way, it's a slow arse missle but it only needs to hit it once and boom! Transport choppers need way too many AA missles to take down.

Jets are cool though, I can't bomb for shit but kudos to those guys who can. Maybe one day I'll put down my rifle and try it out properly.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6748
check out the post on the hind here for my ideas.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=7028

Basicly the transport hello's need a compleat rework.  Attack choppers need a larger load.  They need anti armor and anti infantry missles, fired by the pilot.  The gunner has both (guns for infantry TV for armor).

I think lowering the health on the attack choppers is actualy a good thing.  Yet for the transports, considering all they have is thier armor to keep them flying, I will want to see how they do with both the lowered armor, and increased AA ability.

Attack hello's have the greater speed and manuverability to mask them selves from AA well.  Also thier offensive ability makes it and even fight aginst any AA emplacement.  Transport hellos are sitting ducks.

Actualy after thinking about it.  leave health for choppers as is, give them weak spots.  any .50 cal should go through the glass.  PKM would be quite a challange to a chopper then.  Also, The rotor, make it a weak point.  Hitting it in the hub or mast would severly damage it.  As well, the 2ndary rotor.  This would make hitting the thing correctly more imporant than just spaming bullets at it.

(for not chopper freaks, the mast obviously is the post that spins th rotor, the hub is the pice that connects the rotor blades to the mast)

Last edited by Umbra Acciptris (2005-12-23 21:55:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard