GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6787

I am very frustrated with BF2142 right now. So far, I've played my main account exclusively with the Recon Kit, and haven't had a problem scoring well there. I love the sniper rifles and the explosives. However, I just made a new account to check out other weapons and I am having a very hard time hitting anything with the damn rifles. I find myself aiming directly at peoples head, in single shot mode, and completely missing 2/3 shots I take. In full auto mode, the gun goes crazy and no shots hit most of the time. It kinda wobbles and just acts weird, as if there was some lag issue.

However, my enemies have no problem wasting me in full auto mode, or in short bursts, or even by just looking at me hard enough. Even weirder is that if I play single player with bots, I have no problem with this at all. The weapons hit as they should, and there is none of this laggy wobble.

Any ideas what I might be able to do? I'm getting tired of getting teabagged 24/7 and getting scores under 15pts with this account.
zomg-Muffy
+3|6418

GotMex? wrote:

I am very frustrated with BF2142 right now. So far, I've played my main account exclusively with the Recon Kit, and haven't had a problem scoring well there. I love the sniper rifles and the explosives. However, I just made a new account to check out other weapons and I am having a very hard time hitting anything with the damn rifles. I find myself aiming directly at peoples head, in single shot mode, and completely missing 2/3 shots I take. In full auto mode, the gun goes crazy and no shots hit most of the time. It kinda wobbles and just acts weird, as if there was some lag issue.

However, my enemies have no problem wasting me in full auto mode, or in short bursts, or even by just looking at me hard enough. Even weirder is that if I play single player with bots, I have no problem with this at all. The weapons hit as they should, and there is none of this laggy wobble.

Any ideas what I might be able to do? I'm getting tired of getting teabagged 24/7 and getting scores under 15pts with this account.
Suck Less?

Go play counterstrike, learn how to control spray (shoot + pull down on mouse = pwnage)
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6674|Keyboard
Try shooting at the sky to see if you can shoot it; if you can't, quit playing FPS games.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6587|British Columbia, Canada
Turn off your "Camera Shake" In your options if you haven't already..

I did, it pissed me off bigtime.. Now I can actually play the game without getting a Headache and sea sick..
REDARMYMIKE
+7|6530|St. Louis
high ping.

check your connections/go to dslreports.com and do a speend test, or run a command and ping your favorite server.
GotMex?
+193|6787

Oh yea, I forgot to say, I don't need any smacktard flaming replies. It seems to be a computer/internet connection related issue... not my suckiness. And I'll try that camera shake thing, good idea.

Last edited by GotMex? (2006-11-16 20:18:53)

LT.Victim

GotMex? wrote:

Oh yea, I forgot to say, I don't need any smacktard flaming replies. It seems to be a computer/internet connection related issue... not my suckiness. And I'll try that camera shake thing, good idea.
K, now give me karma for not being a Flaming Smacktard.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6669|Malibu
Besides unfriendly advices of above posts,

My advice for you, since it seems that you are a beginner in FPS, try playing Single Player and get the feeling for the aiming first before jumping into actual confrontation with online players.

If you are still learning how to aim, try aiming at their lower torso for now, and if you feel much more confident, try moving your crosshair gradually towards the head when you are shooting. Also note that, there is a bullet travel time in this game unlike other FPS games, therefore, you need to lead your target when you are engaging them at a distance.
LT.Victim

StormEye wrote:

My advice for you, since it seems that you are a beginner in FPS, try playing Single Player and get the feeling for the aiming first before jumping into actual confrontation with online players.

If you are still learning how to aim, try aiming at their lower torso for now, and if you feel much more confident, try moving your crosshair gradually towards the head when you are shooting. Also note that, there is a bullet travel time in this game unlike other FPS games, therefore, you need to lead your target when you are engaging them at a distance.

He is not a beginner in FPS games, hes got 100,000 + points in BF2 with over %22 Accuracy..

He is saying its a Computer problem/Game Problem..

And you wonder why hes calling you guys flaming retards.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6570
Crouch is the new prone. With some of the guns, sustained fire makes them more accurate after the first few shots, namely the support guns. The only gun I use on single shot is the baur because of the recoil and low clip.

Just practice. I thought the gun accuracy sucked at first and now I run and gun half the time and still smoke people.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Revelstoke
The Medic Whore
+9|6726|Ontario
i know how you feel man, when i came over from BF2 to 2142.. everything felt weird.. especially the ARs.. just practice, and you'll get used to them.. if your having a hard time with the recoil too, try the voss, or the lambert from recon
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6669|Malibu

LT.Victim wrote:

StormEye wrote:

He is not a beginner in FPS games, hes got 100,000 + points in BF2 with over %22 Accuracy..

He is saying its a Computer problem/Game Problem..

And you wonder why hes calling you guys flaming retards.

K now I have no idea why the hell he is complaining...

I was BF2 player as well and I have NO PROBLEM what-so-ever when it comes to aiming...
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6744|California

yell at them to work
LT.Victim

stryyker wrote:

yell at them to work
Or pratice shooting on teamates.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6664|Your moms bedroom
do you use a contoller for basic movement?
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6669|Malibu

LT.Victim wrote:

stryyker wrote:

yell at them to work
Or pratice shooting on teamates.
My clanmate was doing that before the match begun...
The funny thing is that he got kicked several times for it. LoL
Magius5.0
+106|6406|UMass Amherst
I find it easier to actually hit people with assault rifles, harder to hit with sniper rifles.  I attribute this to two things.

First, the assault rifles no longer suck.  The Baur H-AR is deadly accurate even over long distance with crouch/prone and zoomed in; they feel so powerful now, just like the G3A3 did in BF2...every other gun seemed to suck.

Second, I'm used to the bolt action from BF2...it just seems so...off...when the gun doesn't scope out after each shot.  (Read: I had almost 50% accuracy with the snipers in BF2, compared to my measly 30 to 32% in 2142)  That and the fact that I am trying to rush the shot every time if I miss, and the sway does present a bit of a bigger challenge than BF2 (most good players will treat it like second nature)  Anyways, that's my $0.02
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6550|Singapore

GotMex? wrote:

try shooting in bursts at medium ranges instead of spraying..or you can shoot at walls and study the patterns of the sparks to learn the deviation...
link52787
+29|6546
practice with single player.  Control bursts close range, then medium and far distances.  Turn up the mouse sensitivity a little bit that will help improve your reaction time.
Zolow
Mr.Jihad
+8|6444|Tabriz, Iran
Err...he dosen't need to practice in "single player" mode, he's a pro...check stats.
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6700|Kingswood Country
Ok - I realise the original post was more of a why-is-my-machine-lagging, but wanted to comment on the responses.

There are actually some pretty good tips in this thread - like spraying the wall for deviation.

I was doing something similar in single player - get used to how all the weapons work and how accurate you are with the snap-fire.

For example - for a lambert, while walking, I'm lucky if I can hit a body with 2 of 6 bullets of spray at 50-70m; but that becomes 4 of 6 in the head at about 20m. In single player, I can see that 4-6 in the head kills an armoured infantry, but longer distance my bursts are not likely to drop someone quickly.

So in multiplayer, when using the Lambert - I'll duck out of cover and fire a burst confidently at a head that is pretty close, while at long distance I'll get more shots in by switching to single fire; put 1 or 2 rounds out, then move into cover, strafe around the building/other and repeat.

For a sniper rifle, I pretty much suck at outsniping the other guy at 200m, but can headshot a running dude at mid range. Result = will cover alleyways and stuff at ground level rather than do the bell-tower thing.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6664|Your moms bedroom
about a week ago i bought a new controller because my dead band was fucked up and my crosshairs would never close up, so even though i was prone and standing still, my crosshairs didnt get any smaller and i couldnt hit shit, i didnt even realize how bad my crosshairs were cause i never knew the difference
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6559|Edmonton Alberta

Locoloki wrote:

about a week ago i bought a new controller because my dead band was fucked up and my crosshairs would never close up, so even though i was prone and standing still, my crosshairs didnt get any smaller and i couldnt hit shit, i didnt even realize how bad my crosshairs were cause i never knew the difference
use the keyboard and mouse!!!!
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6697|Australia
I cant believe how many people posted absolute crap to a genuine post asking for some tips.

Yaocelotl wrote:

Try shooting at the sky to see if you can shoot it; if you can't, quit playing FPS games.
I mean seriously...
What has that quote got to do with the original posters question? Just a useless response.

A lot of posters on here need to get some analytical and conversational skills, then learn to answer questions constructively.

Last edited by BF2Craglyeye (2006-11-17 00:28:01)

GotMex?
+193|6787

Alright well the camera shake suggestion helped a bit. I also changed my graphics settings, and oddly enough turning things up to 4x AA seemed to stabilize the game more and I don't get that screwy lag as much. I'll probably call my internet company tomorrow and ask them to see if there's anything wrong with my connection. Thx for the tips.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard