cablecopulate
+449|6734|Massachusetts.
Proof you can take out a tank with mobile AA. Obviously he got me too. I blew him up while I was on fire. I believe I got him with 3 rockets and a lot of cannon fire.

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/cablecopulate/screen037.png
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6752|United States of America
Ok. Good to know. Now do your job and kill the choppers!
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6553
last time for the night https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c185/mylifesstory101/www-2.jpg
cablecopulate
+449|6734|Massachusetts.
I took out a lot!
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6654|Australia
Ive taken out a few tanks with the American AA tank, its name escapes me for the moment.

I just aim the cannon at the treads as soon as i see him. its all about manouevering for cover and focusing on the weak spots of the tank - also starting long range is helpful too cause the AA cannon doesnt drop - but the tank one does, and a nubish tank driver will fuck up the long range shots.

Im impressed you took out a tank with that AA tank though, very good.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6826|Denver colorado

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

Ive taken out a few tanks with the American AA tank, its name escapes me for the moment.

I just aim the cannon at the treads as soon as i see him. its all about manouevering for cover and focusing on the weak spots of the tank - also starting long range is helpful too cause the AA cannon doesnt drop - but the tank one does, and a nubish tank driver will fuck up the long range shots.

"linebacker"
cablecopulate
+449|6734|Massachusetts.
Linebacker!

I hate the Tunguska on Ghost Town, that useless radar dish is in the way. I wish it at least acted as a personal uav or something.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6752|United States of America

lavadisk wrote:

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

"linebacker"
False. It's Linebacker.  Can't forget the caps .
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6589|Lexington, Kentucky
Honestly, taking out a tank with AA is effing easy, if you have an engineer in your turret repairing you, and you are a medic.
cablecopulate
+449|6734|Massachusetts.
Medic and engineer in mobile AA?  ha! That involves teamwork.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6574|Florida

cablecopulate wrote:

Proof you can take out a tank with mobile AA. Obviously he got me too. I blew him up while I was on fire. I believe I got him with 3 rockets and a lot of cannon fire.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/ … een037.png
I take out tanks and APCs all the time with AA vehicles.  You just gotta do it right
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6553
its not that hard....
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6581|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
GJ, you win the internets
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6385|USA, MICHIGAN
I've done it also, not easy but can be done.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6646|Washington DC

I believe you can take out a limping tank with a few bars left ... but a full health tank?  Let's get on sometime when the server is not populated to experiment.

I'll even let you smoke my rear and hit me with 3 rockets to make things more interesting.

But, I've just never had AA take a tank down more than a few bars of health ... perhaps they just aren't as 1337 as you. 

P.S.  Oh, and I'm sure that tank beside you didn't make any contributions ....
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

if you put a photon torpedo down the vent shaft ...
cablecopulate
+449|6734|Massachusetts.
When I started attacking the tank, he was not smoking at all. The tank that's near me didn't help. When I engaged the enemy tank, I was north of where I was, closer to the turn that's there. The enemy tank was coming from somewhere the convoy/north bridge area. So although you can't see it, the tank was blown up slightly around the bend (or at it) but across the street against the building with the aa on it.
MDFSpacePhantom
It is I
+146|6380|San Jose CA.
cablecopulate
+449|6734|Massachusetts.
Nice. I made it into both of your screenshots.

Sorry me and my copilot Tked you last night. Collateral damage!
MDFSpacePhantom
It is I
+146|6380|San Jose CA.
N/P man it's all part of the game, when were both going for the same guy.
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6615|inside the recesses of your...

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/ … een037.png
I take out tanks and APCs all the time with AA vehicles.  You just gotta do it right
It's all about surprise, attacking the rear, and getting close enough to get some missles to hit too.
SilentscoutIX
BF2s US Server Admin
+91|6384|Vancouver, BC, Canada

cablecopulate wrote:

Nice. I made it into both of your screenshots.

Sorry me and my copilot Tked you last night. Collateral damage!
Yea, sorry bout that. I guess I was just too agressive.
RustyNails
BF2s US Server Admin
+31|6615|Margaritaville via Austin

i do this with the linebacker all the time..sorry Linebacker.  However, one difference...I usually don't die too, just the guy in the tank. :-)
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6636|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
Tunganuska blows sooo hard on ghost town

also, what type of damage do the AA rockets do to tanks.... if you can even hit them?
cablecopulate
+449|6734|Massachusetts.
I really don't know what kind of damage they do. We should run some tests on that. I just know they're effective if you connect. Maybe the damage is comparable to the damage chopper rockets do?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard