dont_be_ss
+312|6599|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
This is beginning to piss me off, after about 100 tickets i run out of ammo. I then ask for supplies and i never get them. Then this guy in the tank asks and he gets them straight away .

I was just on a server and the commander was using the mic, he said "i'm not giving you supplies, what good would they do there?" I replied "supplies need to be dropped when people run out of ammo". I never get supplies so i just go in with the knife.

Anyone else get this when sniping on minsk or any other map?
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6514|Minnesota eh
I usually get them after i type in caps and swear repeatly to the commander, and if he doesnt, i type to the whole server till everyone in there is telling my commder to give me supplies so i shut up. Try it, usually works.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6473
Well maybe if you got off your belly and helped your team cap flags/silos in a squad where 7/10 time you will have a support with you this may happen less. Commanders cannot help loners.
MDKThePriest
+6|6567

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Well maybe if you got off your belly and helped your team cap flags/silos in a squad where 7/10 time you will have a support with you this may happen less. Commanders cannot help loners.
Make a squad, snipers provide awesome spawn points, when you need supplies, ask one of your squadmembers to drop a bag for you. Problem solved
LT.Victim
+1,175|6568|British Columbia, Canada
I'd give a Tank Supplies way before i give a lone sniper some supplies..

Snipers dont do shit for the team..

at least a tank is going to cap a flag and shit.
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6557|The Land of Claywhore

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Unless someone is doing a good job as a lone wolf like defending flags or eliminating threats at an enemy flag while their teammates attempt to assault.Snipers shouldn't be refused supplies IMO if their doing a good job or if the commander just doesn't like snipers.
Entertayner
+826|6576

You shoulda seen this coming ss...
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6540|Edmonton Alberta

LT.Victim wrote:

lone snipers all suck!!!
iceman785
+93|6678|Alaska, mother fucker.
wow, snipers can be one of the most important people in a squad, they arent TOTALLY useless, they have the gilly suit (not sure how to spell gilly) which helps them hide from enemies, and that would make them an excellent squad leader in most situations except city maps........ also, they can spot enemy movement and armor to help their or anyone else's squad get the hell out of there before they get blasted away by a tank...

this is why i am usually a sniper and the squad leader
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6725|California

Yea, I will readily give (1) sniper a supply box, when a Mech/Tank/Squad needs it more. No.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6483|Communist Republic of CA, USA

iceman785 wrote:

wow, snipers can be one of the most important people in a squad, they arent TOTALLY useless, they have the gilly suit (not sure how to spell gilly) which helps them hide from enemies, and that would make them an excellent squad leader in most situations except city maps........ also, they can spot enemy movement and armor to help their or anyone else's squad get the hell out of there before they get blasted away by a tank...

Snipers don't have Ghillie (<-correct spelling) in 2142.  Wrong game buddy.

Frankly I wouldn't give a sniper supplies either.  Sure they may be helping defend a flag, but for the most part I see them hiding in a bush somewhere picking they're noses.  I see alot more [L5 Reisig] Kills or [SCAR 11] kills than Sniper kills.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6526|Austin, Texas
I give supplies to whoever needs supplies. If the tank doesn't ask for supplies, he doesn't get presedence(sp?) over the sniper. Of course if nobody is asking, it goes to the tank/walker.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6540|Edmonton Alberta

iceman785 wrote:

this isnt bf2 section and the snipers in 2142 dont have guille suits.... and 98% of all snipers are totally useless
how many times have you seen the last guy on your team be a sniper hiding on top of some building doing nothing while your team has no flags left? id say most of the freakin time its some dumb sniper that cant, and wont, cap a flag
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6738|Oslo, Norway
Uhmm, maybe if you got it out of your head that a sniper is not the biggest contribution to a team you would understand...
l41e
+677|6653

You are not the only person on your team who needs ammo. Live with it.
plastic_budgie
+114|6756|England : East Yorkshire

LT.Victim wrote:

Snipers don't do shit for the team..

K for a start this happens to me quite alot 2nd the tanks, don't do shit they just sit back with there zoom and spawn rape . then when out of ammo bail and leave it go get another.

Sniper's deserve those supplies just as much as any one else..so i know where ya coming from ss cause i knife them then tea bag em until they start giving me em, you know what ime talking about.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6555|UK

MadKatter wrote:

I give supplies to whoever needs supplies. If the tank doesn't ask for supplies, he doesn't get presedence(sp?) over the sniper. Of course if nobody is asking, it goes to the tank/walker.
Agreed
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6738|Oslo, Norway

k30dxedle wrote:

Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6393|Scotland

WilhelmSissener wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6767|Internet!

plastic_budgie wrote:

Sniper's deserve those supplies just as much as any one else..so i know where ya coming from ss cause i knife them then tea bag em until they start giving me em, you know what ime talking about.
You knife and teabag... ... your commander? ... for not giving you ammo?

If I read that wrong, than I apologise. If not, well... it seems very typical of the attitude of snipers.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6711|Antarctica

LT.Victim wrote:

agreed.
cospengle
+140|6492|Armidale, NSW, Australia

MadKatter wrote:

Yep.

The other side of the coin is when the commander drops supplies near a sniper and the other team says "Thanks. I was wondering where that sniper was."
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6596|Reisterstown, MD

I never give a supply box to a sniper no matter how much they whine.  If you are not useful to our team winning then you won't get a box from me.  Get more one shot kills and you won't run out of ammo.

Last edited by killer21 (2006-11-11 14:19:32)

staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6741|Houston, TX
1. A good lone sniper has saved your ass numerous times and, you don't even know it.
2. A good lone sniper has spotted the enemies around you while you cap silos/flags so you can kill them.
3. A good lone sniper does cap nearby uncontested silos/flags.
4. A good lone sniper does not sit around waiting for ammo, he gets up and finds it.
5. A good lone sniper can defend a flag from infantry very effectively.

I snipe but, run support more. I like being in a squad but,

1. Smacktards make squads and, don't lead.
2. Dumb Squad Leaders constantly leading his squad to it's death.
3. Squad is locked with two people in it.
4. Squad leader's whoring vehicles and, not even giving his mates a ride.

To many people play this game like it's a single player game. As for the ones who do squad up right, a good portion of those people turn out to be jerks or whiners. Best bet for constant good game play is find an active clan with a server.

As for the OP. Get up and move. Every second lost is a potential missed kill.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6767|Internet!
Staticblue: How many lone snipers are "good" lone snipers? Not many.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard