Jetsoda
+0|6588|Houston Texas
I searched, got nothing, whatever.

I'm just thinking that all the badges and ribbons really have a high point award. I'm the type of person who loves to collect all the badges and ribbons cause it gives me objectives during rounds, but when 2 Vet badges that don't take me that much effort to get allow me to skip a whole rank and such... it just seems the points rewarded   is a little too much of an award.

Right now I'm a 2nd Lieutenant Silver (15,300 points) and have.
7 Veterian Badges (3,500 points)
1 Expert Badge (1,000 points)
and 3 Ribbons that give 500 each (1,500)
Along with lots of knicknack Pins that give 10-20 each... but thats another story.

I'm just saying that, collecting badges really shoots ranks high really fast... but it feels... too fast for me. I mean collecting badges has let me skip 6,000 points in ranks and thats more then 1/3rd of my points in whole... almost 1/2... meh.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6568
My guess is that either the ranks will adjusted (bigger pointgap between two ranks) with a future patch or the points for badges/pins decreased.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore
collecting titan defense pins are good for point farming too
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6658|Australia

fierce wrote:

My guess is that either the ranks will adjusted (bigger pointgap between two ranks) with a future patch or the points for badges/pins decreased.
Points will decrease. I dont think they will ever increase the amount for a rank, but thats IMO.
Jetsoda
+0|6588|Houston Texas
Yeah but pins really are another story, I love me some titan mode, but the amount of points you can rack up... god damn!

Go on Defense with a Clark and accually get a streak going...
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Nah, it's fine the way it is :p I'm #2 on Iceland career point wise but like #6 global scor wise.
zeidmaan
+234|6415|Vienna

I hate the Titan Defense 20 points pin. It makes it too lucrative to defend the titan so no one actualy stays on the ground. And when you try to attack you are greeted with 20 points hungry geymore whoring sentry drones spamming *****
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6668|Sydney, Australia
I think there fine. makes up for the fact that kills and revives and such are worth half the points.
Jetsoda
+0|6588|Houston Texas
But even though kills are half the points... the highest rank is also half the points...
ljt-cohones
+0|6486
Stop complaining. Dont like it? dont play it ! Seriously, the game hasnt been out for a whole month yet and already people from everywhere is whining about this and that (no offence Jetsoda) Give it a chance - or dont play it...
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6775|EUR
He is not whining or complaining, if you would read the whole post you would know this.
Nintendogamer
+72|6587|Chelmsford, UK
nah, i'm glad they give points.
Entertayner
+826|6571

Gold, Silver and bronze deserve points aswell.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

Gold, Silver and bronze deserve points aswell.
50, 25, 10. IMO. Do the other medals give points? Badges and Ribbons do...
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6760|San Antonio, Texas
No, medals do not give points.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6762|Internet!
I think they give enough points. Yeah, you've got 6000 bonus points, but the more you play the less they're worth. 1000 bonus points now is an unlock or two, later it's less than a third of an unlock, and those gold badges will be harder to get, as you'll already have gotten all the easy ones.

I also think that it's important to make sure a casual player can get all the unlocks. But I would like to see more ranks after the 40th.
jjrp02
+18|6647|Baton Rouge, LA, USA
I would guess that the reason why they are so high (if at all, I don't care either way) is to reward those who get the game early...but that's just IMO
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6591|Your attic
Getting the Expert Gold badges is hard work, and you deserve the points you get from them.

Some of the ribbons are worth 2000 points, but they are the hardest to get, basically thanks to these you have to diversify if you wish to gain ranks quicker, you can no longer just sit as one class your entire time and whore it up and expect to be the highest rank, you have to spread your time and learn to do different things. EA/Dice did a great job on the new ranking system, even if it won't take as long to "finish".
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6668|Sydney, Australia

Jetsoda wrote:

But even though kills are half the points... the highest rank is also half the points...
Its more like a quarter. I prefer the new ranking system. It means the normal man can get the top rank. Plus the rank follow a nice curve, which the bf2 ones didn't.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6546
Some of the badges are too easy to get. And the medals should be worth points.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

You get points for getting awards? So that's how you guys have so many. Wicked!

They need to keep it this way. So then I can have a high rank for once!

Last edited by ryan_14 (2006-10-28 15:54:06)

Zefar
+116|6649|Sweden
It actually pays of to be good, for example getting 5 kills in a row which I have gotten a lot now.

And the Titan defend pin is another good medal because it's only in the end of the round that you defend the titan or like half of the round if the team is crappy. So it can't be that whored.
Kanye North
randy
+80|6465
dalfiuss
+1|6831
I understand the ranks and rewards are a little bonus, but damn, they are not the reason for playing.  If you don't enjoy the game enough to play it if there wasn't any of that tracking, you probably shouldn't be playing it anyways.
zeidmaan
+234|6415|Vienna

the big points (500, 1000, 2000) are not the problem. The problem is, I say again, the Titan defense badge. Cos lets face it defending the titan is the easiest way to get kills, and why should 7 kills on the titan be worth 41 points ? Yes you have read right. 41 points.
So its not like complaining about tank or choppers or gun sway. You don't need a bunch of hours of playtime and leet skillzz to realize that 41 points for 7 easiest kills in the game is utter bollox (46 if 5 of those 7 were in a row - not a problem (51 if you use pistol)).

And since you can get it 4-5 times in one round (occasionally), well you do the math.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard