howler_27
+90|6709
I was in a mood for a something other than the typical maps and decided to re-attempt my luck at the night maps(really dislike them).  So, I type in Devils Perch, and actually had a blast.  I've come to a decision that I've judged these maps way too early.  Man was that a killer time.  Sneakin' up on people in the dark and gutting them with the knife, Anti-sniper sniping, and owning with the G3 on the cliff tops.  +1 for the night maps.  I'll definately be in there a lot more.
greenhaven
+47|6488
Yes, night maps are excellent. However, there's only two servers that run them. There's a Devil's Perch server and a Night Flight server, and these are only part of rotations. Leviathan, which is my favorite MECSF/SEAL map, isn't even run at all.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6425|Alberta, Canada

greenhaven wrote:

Leviathan, which is my favorite MECSF/SEAL map, isn't even run at all.
+1 to you... I wish that map was on more often!
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6553
I wish all the night maps were played more often. You have seen the light howler. I wish more of the BF2SF community did the same thing.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6729|67.222.138.85
I like Leviathan, like the three times I've played it.
Master*
Banned
+416|6517|United States
Special forces night owls FTW!
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6694|UK
x1900XT = £170
E6600 Conroe = £200
3GB XMS2 DDR2 6400 = £300

Playing games with a bogey green tint = The fuck did i spend all that money for?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6553

m3thod wrote:

x1900XT = £170
E6600 Conroe = £200
3GB XMS2 DDR2 6400 = £300

Playing games with a bogey green tint = The fuck did i spend all that money for?
If you dont like the green tint then just play with no night vision im pretty sure thats what you would want.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6771|Mark it zero.
night maps are by far the best maps. its so much fun sneaking around and knifing people
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6761|Comber, Northern Ireland
yea they pwn....i'm actually gonna play them now
greenhaven
+47|6488
It's a bit too late for that--no one runs them anymore!
Gen. Payne
+50|6729|USA
Yeah, I've always said that night maps are very under-appreciated. My favorite thing to do was raining down some high-explosive apache love in Leviathan.
steelman
+0|6420
night map are easy if you now where is where.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6553|Boston, MA
Somebody here should rent a server, then everybody who wants to play the map sents that person like $2/month and we'd all run it, all night maps only.

I love Leviation and want to play night maps more but they are just never on.
spectraman
+27|6795
The only server running night maps lately is OBC clan Rubberducky#2 used to have a great SF rotation.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6553
Havent played night maps in a while but I remember dirty dozen ran some night maps so did 2crew and some other servers.
The_Jester
+52|6513|Italy
LSF have Devil's Perch in their rotation now.
But no more Surge

Last edited by The_Jester (2006-10-22 10:49:45)

FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6662|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
yea, i'd be game for some night maps right now.... just tell me the server, and i'm there
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6588|England

Night Flight is the best night map...and the best SF map fullstop Just wish that it was played a bit more on some servers...
Delphy
+45|6607|Bristol, UK
Devils Perch is my fav night map. I like defending the back steps with either c4 and some G36 pop shots or clays and M95. Or just be commander, sit on a supply crate and grenade! grenade!

Also great sniping to be had from the cliffs to the front, or the little island. And the ghillie suit actually works, in the dark!

Last edited by Delphy (2006-10-25 03:08:31)

samfink
+31|6578
to be honest, on night maps it's relatively easy to hide frommost people who aren't wearing night vision, and as for those that are, a flashbang sorts them. it lasts longer too, so even if you flash yourself, then you can still get them. ( and if you are wearing NVG's and are flashbanged, then take themoff to get the reeuced legth of time incapacitated.)
docnutz
+39|6782|B O S T ON area
night maps ftw, +1 for everybody!!!!!!!!

Last edited by docnutz (2006-10-25 07:26:29)

Clockwork-Ownage
+10|6591
I'd enjoy them more if the flags werent so sporadicly placed, the 32 size Devils Perch is great, but the rest of the map as afar as the islands go in a 64 size kinda sux, Leviathon is cool to an extent, but again sporadic flag placement ruins it for me.
JaggedPanther
+61|6496
night flight owns

there are some servers that keep them in rotation, most days i'll find them no populated though
Impaqt
+37|6660|Chicago, Il
It just takes a few guys to jump  on to get a server going.  If noone joins a SF server because its empty..  guess what?  Its gonna stay empty.....  We just put our SF up last night since taking it down due to 1.3 instability.....  It took a while to get going, but we had 30+ people after a while when Devils Perch came up.    Its FullRotation, Dallas Based, 40 Slots, 32 Plaer size Maps.  Day/Night maps are alternating.  70.86.85.66:16568 (Battle Grounds is downwhile SF is up..  GOtta Change my sig)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard