Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6607|Greenwood, IN
Can I over clock my 3800 X2 to 2.3GHz(230x10) on stock cooling?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6738|Salt Lake City

That shouldn't be a problem.  However, much of that will depend on case air flow and your ambient room temps.  Just move slow and monitor the temps as you make your way to that overclock.  Make sure to load test it, as that will be the major concern on temps.
[)r@ke
+16|6654|Indiana
Can you provide more information than "my 3800 x2"..... is it Socket 939 or AM2?  What's your core?  Do you know the CPU stepping?  What mobo are you using?  What's your vCore?

Provide me with all this info, and I can get you a more exact answer...
Mad Ad
+178|6513|England, UK
mines on 2.5, wound it up the week i bought it (dec 05) and never looked back, pcs in daily use.  I had it up to 2.62 prime stable but the heat was getting noticable so 2.5 is good enough for me- I fitted an Si-120 but it made little difference to the temps (but a lot of difference to the sound..ahh peace and quiet)

be aware that your ram might not be able to handle such a high bus speed but the rule of thumb is higher clock with ram dividers>lower clock without

Last edited by Mad Ad (2006-10-27 08:00:22)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6607|Greenwood, IN
ASUS M2N-E 570 Ultra AM2 and I don't have it "yet" but in a few weeks.  I just want to make sure I can get a little more kick out of it.  Also my case is a Cooler Master Centurion 5 with no window and w/ a side air duct.  It also has a rear 120mm fan and front 80mm fan.
slo5oh
+28|6663
This is not the best place to come looking for OCing help... sorta like asking for tire experts on an "all cars" website under your type of car.
Here's a thread on an OCing website where a guy asked for help OCing his x2 3800.  From the little I've read about the 3800s many are reporting 2.8 to 3Ghz with a good HSF and good mobo.
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/s … p?t=237058
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6674
Yes you can, just make sure you have mother board moniter or something like hat so if you temps get to high an alarm will go off.
GR34
+215|6547|ALBERTA> CANADA
how do uget a mobo monitor
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6644|Deep In The South Of Texas
Motherboard Monitor is good, but hasn't been supported/updated for a while. I use SpeedFan

Overclocking with the stock cooler is possible, but I wouldn't go much past 10% or 2.5-2.6GHz.

Here's a good guide for getting started with overclocking:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview … erthread=y

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.
Grinson
+0|6393
i overclocked my x2 3800 to 2.4 on stock cooling, i put my FSB at 240, and my HT multiplier at 5x and it runs great

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard