Eizieki
+5|6686|The UK
Bought it, Played it. It’s not bad, game is pretty, but has anyone else noticed that everything's had an accuracy downgrade?

In the 20th century I’m used to aiming my gun, firing my gun, and hitting what I shoot at. It seems peculiar that my ergonomically designed death ray is less functional than a G36E, but there you go.

Same deal with the planes trains and automobiles - They may be nuclear powered and made from materials so light you can get out and punt them over any obstacles you encounter, but take the AP gun off the main tank cannon; give it to a gunner who’s AFK in the turret making toast? Unwise.

In your BF2 jets you can zoom around the sky up to accurate supersonic mischief, but these 2142 things go slower, crash if anyone shoots at them (since everything is EMP), and take all the stopping power away from the pilot:

>> Self guided missiles? I see that they self guide themselves around the target. Perhaps because their AI has a sense of self preservation. Just give me an autocannon please!

>> Sensible click to steer or lock-on TV missiles have been replaced by guide by hand as well, so now find myself at the mercy of gunners trying to nail a walker with their crisp studded rollerball mice, sending my precious missiles to wreak doom upon local shrubbery. Ach, perfidy.

It occurs that I could have more aerial success by taking the engines off these flying things and welding them onto a prone support guy. Sit on his back and steer, drop bombs from the ammo bag, he can shoot stuff with his gun, might actually kill something that way

Actually, scrap that and give me an AK. Take the electric helmet off, can kill all the other infantry when they're EMP blind and their guns don't work.
King of the future in 10 mins

Last edited by Eizieki (2006-10-26 18:22:34)

l41e
+677|6667

Not again.
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6459|Canada
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you.  For starters, I've found nothing wrong with the accuracy in  this game, i tend to hit what I'm aiming for most of the time (whether I kill that thing that I'm aiming at...well thats another story).  As far as the tank cannon goes, I am 100% for the idea of not having a machine gun on the main tank cannon.  This way you actually appreciate having a gunner more and it greatly encourages teamwork.  Oh, and one more thing about the tank cannon...if you actually have to depend on a gunner, the less of a chance that the driver will be an asshole and drive away from people that are requesting a ride.  Now, I do agree with you on the T.V. missile issue.  I much prefer having the click to steer T.V. missiles like in BF2, but i guess its just something that we will have to get used to. 
Not the big of a deal I might add.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6682|under there hayousaidunderwear
I actually do agree with you, not so much on the aiming but the aircraft sucks.  And no, it's not that I just suck with them.  I can use the tv missle alright and the cannon is pretty powerful but those EMP grenades are a nightmare.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6668|Hong Kong
Keep in mind that most of these changes were brought up to make a more balanced game, so I have one word for you: Adapt.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6726|67.222.138.85
Yay! I agree! With it all! Woot Woot!

He's saying that why the hell is it the future but all the weapons are worse than their bf2 counterparts. If you want to balance it this way, why did you even call it a futuristic game when modern-day machines could kick 2142 pos guns/vehicles asses.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6487
Different game. End of disscussion.
Kop
+2|6457

SmilingBuddha wrote:

Keep in mind that most of these changes were brought up to make a more balanced game, so I have one word for you: Adapt.
I did...sold my copy
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6497|Communist Republic of CA, USA
I get plenty of kills with the Gunship's pilots missiles.  I'd gladly take the new gunships over the Attack Choppers of BF2 any day.  AND I WAS A CHOPPER WHORE.  Although yes, the TV Missiles are impossible to use.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6646|Canada

SmilingBuddha wrote:

balanced my ass. how are these changes balancing anything? warfare isnt balanced. i much prefer it being unbalanced! they should've made it so that there are perks to playing each team. EU should have gotten better at some things, and PAC should've gotten better at the opposite stuff of the EU so that they would have awsome battles. i hate how EA/Dice n00bified this game so that they get even MORE new players = $$

all basic weapons are the same except for the skins. wheres my battles of accuracy vs power? (M16 vs 101)

this game takes no skill, thats what EA wanted, a game that no-one can exceed at, so that they get no whining of unbalanced shit. well that backfired cuz now i am whining bout the exact opposite
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6664|Camoran's Paradise
The accuracy issue is because DICE or EA or someone wanted more realism.  So its no longer point and shoot.  The guns actually wobble with breath, running, etc. just like in the real world...the real..ish..future world...
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6646|Canada

Ganko_06 wrote:

The accuracy issue is because DICE or EA or someone wanted more realism.  So its no longer point and shoot.  The guns actually wobble with breath, running, etc. just like in the real world...the real..ish..future world...
so how come only the sniper rifle wobbles? hmm holind a 15 pound rifle wobbles but a 50 pound rocket launcher or AT rifle doesnt?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6726|67.222.138.85

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Different game. End of disscussion.
Same series, continue discussion.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6780|Internet!

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Same series, continue discussion.
I beg to differ. Just because the series is the same doesn't mean that gameplay doesn't change between games.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6664|Camoran's Paradise

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Ganko_06 wrote:

so how come only the sniper rifle wobbles? hmm holind a 15 pound rifle wobbles but a 50 pound rocket launcher or AT rifle doesnt?
Probably because it rests on the shoulder; more stable.  I'm just guessing here.  I didn't make the game.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6736|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
My only complaint on this is that it takes the LMG's for freaking ever to become accurate again after moving/changing position/anything other than just looking around.  Seriously, I can understand the LMG's having horrible accuracy while moving, but that doesn't mean that they have to take 2 seconds to become practical to shoot again.
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6524|Alabama, United States
1. Air units got a nerf because no one likes watching a pilot go 100-0 because his jet out runs the missles your pathetic stationary AA Lay-Z-Boy shoots out.
2. No one likes getting G36E'd by the medic that did a 1km run to revive 2 people then pulled a prone n' own on you.
3. Tanks require TEAMWORK NOW. (I don't think that needs more discussion)
4. If you didn't like it, why not just go back to BF2 and keep us all from having to read this?
deanspeedway
+0|6742
The balancing has taken the edge of the players with the l33333t skillllllzzzzz (not me btw) who could run around solo in BF2 with their G36E wasting everyone in sight. Not a bad thing IMO.

The result has been a slowed down, more tactical game with exciting, tense pitched battles (BF2142) rather than lone wolves tear-arsing around the map in FAVs capping flag after flag (BF2). Not to mention the bomber jockeys in their untouchable jets who would spend round after round touring the enemy spawn points on carpet bombing runs. Miss them? Not me.

Don't get me wrong, I loved BF2 but I think the balance changes in  2142 are for the better.

You now need to switch to single shot to hit rather than be able to snipe on burst fire at things 100+ metres away with your AK101.

Maybe it's not that BF2142 weapons have been dumbed down but more that they were too powerful in BF2 in the first place?
deanspeedway
+0|6742
Haha Hellfire you beat my post by 5 minutes!!!!
Stags
+26|6675
The sad thing is I didn't even take the time to read your post.  Probably because you didn't use the Search Button.

There were hundred of threads on the accuracy of weapons in the game.  I find them to be very well done.  They are what they're suppose to be.  If you expect the Assault to be a sniper and the Support to be assault, then I would reccomend you be admitted to a mental institution.  Look, learn to actually play within the games limits and do fine.

IMO, people complain too much, even I do... right now I'm complaining about the complainers.  Which is sad.

However, we wouldn't have this problem if people realize that they can't always get want they want... this is one of life's lessons.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6770|the middle of nowhere

SmilingBuddha wrote:

Adapt.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6624|Greenwood, IN
Well at least we know how some people deal with change.
jsnipy
+3,276|6541|...

nobody said the future would be easy.
Dex Luther
+32|6457|Canukastan

mcgid1 wrote:

My only complaint on this is that it takes the LMG's for freaking ever to become accurate again after moving/changing position/anything other than just looking around.  Seriously, I can understand the LMG's having horrible accuracy while moving, but that doesn't mean that they have to take 2 seconds to become practical to shoot again.
Just hold down the trigger and they get more accurate. That's my complaint. I feel like I'm playing Halo with all the holding down of the trigger.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6684|NT, like Mick Dundee

The Krylov beats all of the assault rifles in BF2 if you know how to handle it.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard