DrM
+33|6623
When using the alternate fire button with the AR rockets to set the air burst range, 1 notch of my mouse wheel changes the range by 2 meters, i only want it to move 1 meter.
Is this the norm? Or is it something to do with my configuration?

DrM
HellGuard99
+2|6526
Its normal, you dont really need to adjust the meter with the wheel much.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6702|MoVal So-Cal
will you guys stop talking about the cool unlocks in 2142!?!?!  I'm trying not to buy the game and you guys are making it hard for me!
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6528|Singapore
2m and 1m dont really do much difference in BF2142
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

Pernicious544 wrote:

will you guys stop talking about the cool unlocks in 2142!?!?!  I'm trying not to buy the game and you guys are making it hard for me!
EMP grenades, Sentry drones, deployable spawn points, cloaking device, assault rilfe shotgun, adjustable zoom scope, shock-paddles that don't need to recharge after every use, hovering mines, personal radar units.... The list goes on.

I love the unlocks they are so cool.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6702|MoVal So-Cal

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

EMP grenades, Sentry drones, deployable spawn points, cloaking device, assault rilfe shotgun, adjustable zoom scope, shock-paddles that don't need to recharge after every use, hovering mines, personal radar units.... The list goes on.

bastard......lol
Scratch[USA]
+105|6548
I saw a movie of the moving proximity mines (or what ever they are) blowing up a tank.  Hiliarous.  Watching that almost made me leave work and go buy the game.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6528|Singapore

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

lol ur evil

btw the AR Rocket unlock is the best unlock i ever got
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6702|MoVal So-Cal
you dudes are the devil...I going to best buy. Assholes
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
I never equip the AR shotgun now, AR rocket + Defib FTW
=CA=lamcrmbem
+16|6451|San Diego, CA

Scratch[USA] wrote:

I saw a movie of the moving proximity mines (or what ever they are) blowing up a tank.  Hiliarous.  Watching that almost made me leave work and go buy the game.
They're a ton of fun to deploy and watch also...especially against Walkers.  I tossed 4 of them out last night.  The walker pilot saw them too late...they had already popped up off the ground and were moving toward him.  He stops and they stop just short of him.  He was trying to shoot them...giving me time to finish him off with my rockets......LOL!!!!

Last edited by =CA=lamcrmbem (2006-10-24 13:34:57)

Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6657|Brisbane, Australia

Pernicious544 wrote:

Why are you here then?

"Yeah so I dropped down and selected the sentry drone with my Ganz HMG and we boarded the titan with the APC drop silos, it was really good there were snipers pinning us down, but the assault threw a smoke and we rushed into the vents, from there we destroyed all the consoles and cleared out the hallway, then I destroyed the titan core and we won it for our team it was really good and all the Meches on the ground were like omgwtf! and then the railgun blew them up, but a guy knifed the railgun, and he got some more dogtags, an I was all like wow! I want to knife him! and I did so we had a knife fight and I got his tags and now I get to choose another unlock because of the field upgrade, so I chose..."
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6717|MoVal, Southern California

Superior Mind wrote:

WORD! the AR shotgun really sucks when a squad of guys come running up to you because you only get 3 rounds per clip. so the VOSS + AR rocket + defib = medic pwnage
LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6684|UK

a_fraudulent_miracle wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

WORD! the AR shotgun really sucks when a squad of guys come running up to you because you only get 3 rounds per clip. so the VOSS + AR rocket + defib = medic pwnage
Preaching to the choir. Tis my usual loadout, that and the old recon with Rdx/ camo and lambert
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6592|Your attic

Superior Mind wrote:

QFT

And an extra metre is nothing, they still kill in 2/3 shots so don't worry.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6528|Singapore
rolly mines + Pilum = win
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu

jkohlc wrote:

rolly mines + Pilum = win
Motion Mine + EMP Mine = Enemy vehicle whore giving up his vehicle or they would DIE
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu

Superior Mind wrote:

I use the shotgun attachment some times when I am going VERY VERY close, i.e. Titan corridor cargo corridor.
I am proficient at it so most of the time I do not require myself to spend more than 2 rounds into an enemy. Rockets are useful in longer corridors like the ones leading to consoles and in general titan area but I just can't resist the urge to pump a Buckshot at someone. Heck, I can even tell you that I have Clark Shotgun unlock for support.
GeoEnvi
+22|6688|Philadelphia, PA
Do the AR rockets have a minimum deployment distance before arming? The reason I ask is that it's often hard to hit an FAV at close range.  When fired at the FAV, the rockets just seem to disappear into the FAV skin and do not explode.  Ditto for close range infantry.  Is this the anti-noobtoob coding?
Hallvard
+262|6524|North Norway

yea, that happenes to me a lot... If I shoot at someone without using the scope it goes right trough them and continue trough whatever is behind them and refuse to explode...
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu
If you have you AR rocket to AIRBURST, then the round will not explode until it reaches the destination (It might have the exploding graphic effect but no damage). So if you want to hit something directly, you should not zoom since zooming in will set the Rocket to airburst.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6592|Your attic

GeoEnvi wrote:

Do the AR rockets have a minimum deployment distance before arming? The reason I ask is that it's often hard to hit an FAV at close range.  When fired at the FAV, the rockets just seem to disappear into the FAV skin and do not explode.  Ditto for close range infantry.  Is this the anti-noobtoob coding?
Yep, they have travel a minimum of 20m before the explode, after that they will detonate at the first thing they come in contact with, or if sooner will detonate at the distance you set them to.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6547
Forget the mines, the pilum is where it's at. BOOM! Ass shot!
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
davespanzer777
Banned
+9|6428|Germany

Pernicious544 wrote:

DUDE YOUR SO BEHIND.  I LOVE IT AND I CANT EVEN PLAY BF2 ANYMORE......
GeoEnvi
+22|6688|Philadelphia, PA
We're not talking mines.... this is a "rocket" thread!

Interesting about the 20m arming distance, thought it's complete crap.  I need to run away from an FAV in order to shoot at it?  In order to avoid a rocket attack, I should nitro TOWARD it not AWAY from it?

Isn't that the "Hunt for Red October" defense....?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard