Ganz HMG, worth the unlock?

Yes14%14% - 11
No25%25% - 20
I don't have it so I can't comment59%59% - 46
Total: 77
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6676|Antarctica
As the poll says, do you (the people who have unlocked it) think its worth the point?  I want the sentry drones so I'm going up that tree already but I dunno if the Ganz would be a waste.  I've used it a few times and modded it into SP and don't see much of an improvement.  It takes longer to get accuracy because of the slow ROF, but it its very powerful.  Has anyone found it to be better or worse than the defaults?
FrenziedAU
+6|6418|Australia
I haven't found it all that useful, and mostly use the LMG's now.

Also, see here for another discussion about the MG's.
f1eagle
+3|6596|Denver, Co
The Ganz was my first unlock and was pretty dissappointing. The stock weapons seem to have a higher accuracy   while standing and crouching. Also every little movement with the Ganz causes you to lose accuracy. Its only high point is the amount of damage but this is offset by its low rate of fire. I hardly ever choose it over the stock support MGs. The sentry drones, on the other hand, are very effective if used correctly such as in the top entrance on the titan while defending.

Hope this helps!
Volatile
+252|6675|Sextupling in Empire

f1eagle wrote:

The sentry drones, on the other hand, are very effective if used correctly such as in the top entrance on the titan while defending.

Hope this helps!
The sentry drones are the best fucking thing in this game. I was guarding one of the top entrances earlier today with my drone out and another teammate next to me, when 6 enemy all came down the top shaft at the same time. It was awesome mowing them all down in a spit second.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center
Ganz ftl.

I have everything below it unlocked, but I won't unlock it.  I've tried it as a field upgrade a few times and I've been nothing but disappointed.  The stock guns are definitely better, imho.
joker8baller
+68|6637
I <3 the Ganz it owns.
00joe
+16|6617|UK
No reason to ever use it IMO.
Hallvard
+262|6493|North Norway

I use the ganz when defending, I like it better for defence then the LMGs... but other then that it was a very dissapointing unlock...
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6517|Doncaster, UK
I (like TMo) had everything below the Ganz unlocked and tried it out on a field unlock. It absolutely rocked and I couldn't wait to get my next rank to unlock it permanently. I now consider it to be the worst mistake I have made to date.

The accuracy is poor, the rate of fire is poor, the gun is poor. The stock LMGs are superior in all ways to the Ganz.

Knowing EA/DiCE it will probably receive a masive boost at some point in the future thanks to a patch but until that time It'll sit unused in my inventory.
hayesjam
+4|6491|outside your window
when you deploy the sentry drone, do you get the points for what it kills?
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6517|Doncaster, UK

hayesjam wrote:

when you deploy the sentry drone, do you get the points for what it kills?
Yep, you get a "you killed".
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

joker8baller wrote:

I <3 the Ganz it owns.
QTF
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Was going to be my next unlock. Might wait until I have the clark then grab it.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Crowly
+6|6775
I have it, and dont like it.
Ive read other places that it has a fireing rate of 600/min vs 900/min on regular mg, which support my feeling that it fires slower. Its suppose to be more accurate than the standard after a little fireing, but with my playing style that has little effect and is rather worthless to me. My feeling is that its harder to hit with on an overall basis, and thats more important than in the situations it might be better.
But there are people who like it, i would try to use it as a field upgrade first for a while before commiting a unlock to it. There are more useful unlocks than the Ganz, imo.
i_dun_nV_u
+6|6367
the stock support guns i must admit is rape... heh...
san-pd
+2|6411
it good on long range, BUT when it is close combat it sucks.

Dough-DD sliver sarge in bf2142 and supporter
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

The ganz is more accurate but the biggest advantage is that it overheats slower and "looses accuracy" slower. With other 2 if you dint fire for sec or two the croshair and accuracy go back to standard. But the ganz stays dead accurate for a longer period of time when NOT firing. And with slower overheating you can basically shoot for like 3 sec, pause 1-2 shoot 3 pause 1-2 etc until your clip runs out. And you'll be accurate as a sniper.

So in future thy will probably (hopefully) reduce the accuracy of all 3 making the Ganz much better then the other 2.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

Flecco wrote:

Was going to be my next unlock. Might wait until I have the clark then grab it.
No do get it. It is the best thing ever for Titan defense. Last night I went 30:6 only using it, knife, pistol and one sentry drone.
EagleTwoThree
+1|6733
I have the Ganz and it's a POS.  The sentry drone is cool though.  Do NOT get the Ganz.
.|microphage
+4|6603|Vancouver, BC
with field upgrades, i can only lock the first item in the tree and i can't unlock anything else! is my game screwed up?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
With field upgrades as well. Used it for a round or two. Wasn't impressed. I'm not getting it.
FrenziedAU
+6|6418|Australia

.|microphage wrote:

with field upgrades, i can only lock the first item in the tree and i can't unlock anything else! is my game screwed up?
You can only field unlock items 1 unlock above your current unlocks.  e.g. if you have unlocked the RDX, you can field unlock the netbat fade delay thing, but not the active camo or the lambert.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
Don't get this gun.

The drone is good,when caming the side of the main hall it makes me feel safe.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard