FrenziedAU
+6|6418|Australia
For anyone who has unlocked the HMG, how do you find it?
I seem to get a lot more kills with the LMG's, they seem a bit more accurate, and fire much more rapidly.  This seems especially pronounced in the titan - using the HMG, I die everywhere, when I take an LMG, I do much better.
What are peoples thoughts/feelings?
Am I just doing something wrong with the HMG?

Edit: BTW, I'm not trying to charge in and kill things, I'm generally sitting back a bit and laying down support fire.

Last edited by FrenziedAU (2006-10-20 22:50:55)

Inspect@hDeck
+23|6396|Browntown
Simple problem, simple solution. You are using the wrong weapon:

https://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8863/bf2142pwn2ud3.th.png

But seriously, The GANZ is for sitting in one place. It's crosshairs take a lot longer to "close down" and it fires slower. It is more accurate though, you just have to give more lead because of the slower ROF.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6626|Lancaster Ohio, USA
Well I like both, although I don't have that much time with either. I seem to now do too well with either on offense becuase I'm trying to rush in there and kill everything, but I guess I can't do that so I'll have to change my tactics. Does anyone else have any tips on using the support class, I mean helpful tips.
wienis
+0|6665|St. Pete
LMGs are great for infantry at a medium to long distance. HMG is AWESOME for taking out a FAV or laying down some fire in the Titan hallways in defense mode. The Clark Shoty rocks all other guns on CQB maps, just make sure you have your little heart rate indicator thing out to track the noobs trying to run around cloaked knifing people. Best tip I can give is grenaade often(after all, you can never run out), and take up a defensive roll as opposed to an offensive one (unless you have the Clark Shoty).

BTW, it's easy to get the 10 shoty kills IAR for the close combat pin, which is worth like 10 or 20 points.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6497|Singapore
Shuko LMG > all
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6626|Lancaster Ohio, USA
Thanks for the tips guys, I tried out the defense here earlier tonight/morning and it really helped out a ton. I got an assload of Titan defense pins, and others. I've noticed also that is an enemy is close if you just kneel you will be just as accurate as prone, or close enough, and you don't have to wait as long for the crosshairs to go back in. As for HMG vs. LMG, well the verdict is still out for me, I have both and was kicking ass with the LMG's. I guess it just boils down to personal preference and the sitution you may be in, kinda like a RPK vs. PKM deal, at least for me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard