Eclectic
+0|6653|UK
My bf2142 finally got delivered w00t.

Just installed it, only to find that now, after playing the demo with my reserved nick, that even though Im loggied into my EA account. My nick of "Eclectic" is in use!!

Of course it's in use. It's my freaking nick!!!

Does anyone know how I can fix this. I can select Eclectic in the demo, using the same login details, but not in the full game

This suck's. Please help
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
use another name.
midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6500|here
Did you do the Veteran's Program?  If so, 'twas necessary that you used the same EA login as you did when you signed up for the VP.  If you didn't, you needs a new name, I guess.
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6562|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

spawnofthemist wrote:

use another name.
tupla_s
+455|6563|Finland
Delete the one from the demo and try again in the full
Eclectic
+0|6653|UK
Okies, Ill remove it from the demo account.

But thing is I did use the Veteran program. And Im I only have one EA account, that I have had for ages.

I did indeed use the same EA account that I used on the veteran program, and thats the same EA account name I use on both the demo, and the retail.

But after playing it for 20 minute's. I had unlocks and stuff coming out of my arse That SUCKS!

What's the point in being a stat whore, if its too easy

Oh well, I guess Ill carry on. I dont really wanna use another name. I have used this nick for year's.

Plus I want that pretty 2 beside my name lol

Thanks for ya help (some of ya).
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6515|Sverige (SWE)

BabySpinach wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

use another name.
Buzerk1
+44|6807

Eclectic wrote:

Okies, Ill remove it from the demo account.

But thing is I did use the Veteran program. And Im I only have one EA account, that I have had for ages.

I did indeed use the same EA account that I used on the veteran program, and thats the same EA account name I use on both the demo, and the retail.

But after playing it for 20 minute's. I had unlocks and stuff coming out of my arse That SUCKS!

What's the point in being a stat whore, if its too easy

Oh well, I guess Ill carry on. I dont really wanna use another name. I have used this nick for year's.

Plus I want that pretty 2 beside my name lol

Thanks for ya help (some of ya).
If you did register for the veteran status, just retrieve your account and your veteran player name will be there.... it's pretty simple, if it doesn't work, we can't really help you... ask EA support.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6531
I registered my name in the VP. My question is will something happen to let me know it worked when I get the game and try to login.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6643|Colorado
Same shit for me, registered for the vet program, then you goto log in & the grey spot where your name should be isn't there, you try to make that name & it says its been used.

After reading that several other people had the same exact problem I realized it was just the same ole' EA bullshit & made a name variation of TrollMe4T. It worked without a hitch & I can really do without the red 2 by my name.

I didn't pay for the game, a buddy bought it for me so I have no complaints other than EA pulling the same shit with all of you all over again....suckers lol.
Tsavo_Killjoy
+4|6413
Hi All (who is having the same problem I've had),

I spent dang near all day yesterday on this problem and I was finally able to get it to work correctly. Here's my story....

Before 2142 was released, I noticed the Veterans Program to reserve your BF2 nickname for 2142 was active so I signed up. But when I did, at the time, I didn't have an EA Member Account, so I created one as I was signing up for the Vet. Prgm. I wanted an easy to remember EA Account name, so I tried creating one with the same name as my BF2 name...no go, "Nick Already in Use". So I match my EA Account name with another username I'm familiar with...good to go. I have an EA Member Account now, so I attempt to reserve my BF2 nick, no go "Invalid Characters" (BF2 nick=Tsavo  Killjoy [can't have a space]), fine Tsavo_Killjoy it is. Success!

Eagerly awaiting release of 2142..............

It's released, no room in budget, must wait a week......

Finally get it, clean-up hard drive, install, patch and even register. A quick restart of the PC and I fire it up.

I enjoy the intro video and wait for the menu to appear.

Enter EA Member Name & Password (Ooh, Ooh I know this, my soldier is waiting for me)... I pound in my information and click the equivalent of 'Submit' (<-- not sure what it actually is) and to my surprise, Tsavo Killjoy is not ready for battle :-(

So I figure fine, my install just needs to be reminded of who fights my vBattles, 'Create Soldier' enter 'Tsavo Killjoy' 'Nick Already in Use'...Der! by me. So I figure oh well, it's only a measly few points and an unlock, I'll get that within the hour of playing. So I created 'TsavoKilljoy' (no space), good to go.

I play for a while and find myself getting very envious of those who were able to get the Veterans Program to work and have that wonderful red '2' next to their names.....MAN I WANT ONE!

So I start wondering and researching....Fantastic! Other people are having the same issues, surely someone has figured it out....nope. I'm not saying I have, but I'll tell you what I did and hopefully, if the situation is right, it will work for you.

Now I'm sure one of these steps is not required, but you never know what EA/Dice key off of when recognizing their Vets.
------------

First off, I was at work so I was limited with what I could do. So working only with EA's websites (EA Nation Member info) I logged in and noticed under my Member Account that I only had 2142 registered (I wonder if I ever registered BF2 & BF2:SF). So I go home and get the serial numbers for those two games, register them under the same account that has 2142 registered and I log-in to 2142, but no recognition. Fine, I'll keep trying.

Back at work...

I assumed I associated my old BF2 nick with a different EA Member Account login, so I remembered that I accidentally created a different soldier (Tsavo-Kurrupt) for BF2. Found that through this bad-ass site that I had done just that. So I used that BF2 nick to re-enter the Vet. Prgm under the EA Member Account that I registered the game under (since EA will only allow you to log-in to the game with one EA Member Account). Success! I'm back in the Veterans Program under 'Tsavo-Kurrupt' (it's a decent enough name, If I get the '2' beside it, I'll forfeit my 4-5 unlocks and few points I've gathered so far under 'TsavoKilljoy' and start over).

......C'mon 1630, c'mon

1629 hits and I'm out the door. I drive home and start up the PC with 2142 quickly following. Duuun, Duun, Dun Dun Dun....yeah yeah, seen the intro it's wonderful.

I enter my EA Member Account name & Password, click 'Submit' and guess who's waiting for battle....Tsavo-Kurrupt. I select that soldier and lo-and-behold "Welcome Back Soldier" FRIGGIN' SWEET! IT WORKED! I have that wonderful '2' next to my name. Too bad TsavoKilljoy didn't have it too. But wait folks there's more....After playing for a bit, I go back and select TsavoKilljoy .... "Welcome Back Soldier" wha' wha' whaaat??? It recognizes me as a Veteran now! Oh joyous day! I don't have to forfeit my unlocks and points + I have the '2' next to my soldier name, oh it couldn't get any better.
--------

So, the lame-ass ending to a long-ass story (yes, I'm an ass man) that I think got it to work for me......

Either;

1) Ensure you have BF2 registered under the same EA Member Account name as you have 2142 registered under.

or

2) a) Create a new soldier in BF2
    b) Sign him up for the Veterans Program under the same EA Account you are using for 2142
    c) log back into 2142 with said EA Account and ....eh hem... start over with the new 'Old BF2 nick'

Personally, I believe it to be the fact that I needed to register BF2 along side BF2142 under my EA Member Account name.

I'm sorry for the length, it's Friday and I'm bored at work.
If this helps at least one person, I will feel good.

If you want to flame me, feel free, I'm secure enough in my intellect that it won't fade me.

l8,

Edit:
I forgot to mention why my first Soldier name worked as well as my new one. I think it's because EA automatically recognized the underscore '_' as a space, then just removed the space (i.e. Tsavo_Killjoy=Tsavo Killjoy=TsavoKilljoy).

Last edited by Tsavo_Killjoy (2006-11-03 09:30:03)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6643|Colorado
all for a red 2, no thanks.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
Ok, I don't think that really large post above me related to me, but I could be wrong. I got the demo first, used my veteran status to get my name, and then later got 2142. I use the same EA account, Flaming_Maniac is in use, ok delete account off demo, still doesn't work. Are you telling me that I just wasted my name on the demo and can't get another one?

Don't tell me to get another fucking name, this is mine and I don't want anything else, even if I have to track down someone in EA and threaten to kill their families if they don't give me my freakin nick.
Tsavo_Killjoy
+4|6413

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Ok, I don't think that really large post above me related to me, but I could be wrong. I got the demo first, used my veteran status to get my name, and then later got 2142. I use the same EA account, Flaming_Maniac is in use, ok delete account off demo, still doesn't work. Are you telling me that I just wasted my name on the demo and can't get another one?

Don't tell me to get another fucking name, this is mine and I don't want anything else, even if I have to track down someone in EA and threaten to kill their families if they don't give me my freakin nick.
What I wrote was my experience and the steps I took to fix the problem for me. I too got the demo, but didn't realize that it would recognize the vet. status during the demo. I used the same name as I am now as well. So I don't think that it's because of that (as my demo soldier name was never deleted). Out of curiosity sake (since I'm not exactly clear what it was that fixed my problem), are all your games (vBF2 & BF:2142) registered under the EA Member Account you're using to log-in (which should be the same one used for siging up for Vet. Prgm)?
luckeydogg
+35|6500|C:/system32/pimp.exe
Hmmm...  And to think all I did was e-mail tech support for EA and they set it up manually for me...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard